Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

It's quite entertaining to hear Ray Foley roar "OH BALLS!!" in front of several 4 year olds :D

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Enda Caldwell

I used to listen to him @work 4 years ago and he was deadly really witty and funny,now he is an opinionated ****e who makes jibes at people and imo trys to make people look/sound stupid

Really? Never!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

AnneFrank wrote: »
    it's verbal puke

ah let's be fair... it's visual too.

Still... lets keep it on topic eh? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Just listening to JP doing his own show. He's sounding good. I'm enjoying it. He's playing some crackin' choooooooooooons. :)

Does anyone know is it pre-recorded or live?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Fago! wrote: »
    Just listening to JP doing his own show. He's sounding good. I'm enjoying it. He's playing some crackin' choooooooooooons. :)

Does anyone know is it pre-recorded or live?

Pre-recorded.

• Advertisement

Pre-recorded.

Ah right. Was wondering. sounded live though. Still quality! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

What do ye make of the charity songs they are releasing?

mzi.dzglopgq.170x170-75.jpg

mzi.eaygnvpg.170x170-75.jpg

They're not the best IMO! Funny though, and seems to be for a good cause.

http://www.todayfm.com/Shows/Weekdays/Ray-Foley/BLOG.aspx

I was giggling like an eejit during Ray's one. It was so cheesy. :pac:

And JP is a surprisingly good singer. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭smokie2008

OK so what do we think of the show, there's a thread on this but thought I'd start one with a Poll....

Personally I think the show is Great Craic, favorite part is eh, yeah, OK!:D

There's already a Ray Foley Show thread.

Merged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

ugh, but that puts a poll on this thread now. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭smokie2008

^^^ Exactly, wasn't my intention at all, Dam Mod:mad:

zuroph wrote: »
    ugh, but that puts a poll on this thread now. :(

what's the harm in that?

I think we should petition for Foley and JP to go on X Factor next year.

Bard wrote: »
    what's the harm in that?

well considering the previous ban on discussing Foley because of the LOVE/HATE debate that would break out, and the reasonable well behaved discussion of late, it'd seem foolish to ask people to sum up their feelings in a few words. the poll is small now, but once it builds in one way or another, things could get quite tense quite quickly. Just think you might be creating work for yourself!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭tom thum

did anyone hear the show today. they were talking about a website where u can buy vouchers for things, but for the life of me i cant remember the name of the website. i think edel said she bought a colonic irrigation treatment that she would never use. i think its called city something. i cant remember. anyone know?

tom thum wrote: »
    did anyone hear the show today. they were talking about a website where u can buy vouchers for things, but for the life of me i cant remember the name of the website. i think edel said she bought a colonic irrigation treatment that she would never use. i think its called city something. i cant remember. anyone know?

citydeal.ie
    pigsback.com mega deals
    boardsdeals.ie

all the same idea and service.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭tom thum

thanks zuroph. fair play

zuroph wrote: »
    well considering the previous ban on discussing Foley because of the LOVE/HATE debate that would break out, and the reasonable well behaved discussion of late, it'd seem foolish to ask people to sum up their feelings in a few words. the poll is small now, but once it builds in one way or another, things could get quite tense quite quickly. Just think you might be creating work for yourself!

I appreciate the concern... and not that I foresee it causing a major problem, ... if it does, we can quite easily and simply remove the poll later on.

There was no point in having a second thread regarding the show, hence the merge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Then don't tune in

God you'd swear you were forced to listen. Get over it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

I'm stuck in work with a radio station I can't change and if I hear him sign that song once more I'm going to explode. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Ear plugs for you in work so.

It's a 3 minute song, for a good cause, however bad a singer he might be it's hilarious how people turn a good deed into a negative.

At least they are trying. Put themselves out there for a tongue lashing but for a good cause so they don't mind. Selfless and a bit of craic.

I actually like them :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Ear plugs for you in work so.

It's a 3 minute song, for a good cause, however bad a singer he might be it's hilarious how people turn a good deed into a negative.

At least they are trying. Put themselves out there for a tongue lashing but for a good cause so they don't mind. Selfless and a bit of craic.

I have no problem with the song or the reason for the song. I have a problem with the fact that they play little snippets of it constantly. Still I'll just have to learn to turn off my ears for those parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

So that explains why i have heard the Six song all week on his show!!
    I dont know what all the fuss is bout, Its a good show

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Looking in your eyes..... has me in stiches everytime. class tune.

I can't help but imagine Ray pointing quite violently at the last line "There's a whole lot of lovin' just....*points* For you"

I can't help but imagine Ray pointing quite violently at the last line "There's a whole lot of lovin' just....*points* For you"

Busi and Foley sittin in a tree. K I S S I N G. First soms love,then comes marriage, then comes Foley in a horse and carraige <3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Pointing at himself? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Nula 19

I would normally only listen to Today FM in the morning, Ians show, but I happened to listen in on a shared radio a few days last week in the afternoon. Does anyone else think that Ray Foleys show - down to the format, exact jingles he uses (guy that sings them) is a complete rip off of the Chris Moyles Breakfast Show on BBC Radio 1?? I dont know how he gets away with it!!

Advertisement