Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Yes. We all realise that. Including Ray.

Chris Moyles - "Ray Foley....God bless you!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Nula 19

Ah i see, so he actually does admit he's ripped off other DJ's shows, ideas, styles etc.;) Cant understand why he's so popular if people know that - would you not just listen to the originals!! As i say, never listened to him before this week and dont think i'd be making a point of listening to him again!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Nula 19 wrote: »
    Ah i see, so he actually does admit he's ripped off other DJ's shows, ideas, styles etc.;) !

all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Ah i see, so he actually does admit he's ripped off other DJ's shows, ideas, styles etc.;) Cant understand why he's so popular if people know that - would you not just listen to the originals!! As i say, never listened to him before this week and dont think i'd be making a point of listening to him again!!

How many Irish people listen to UK radio on average? I have never listened to Chris Moyles show. Used to tune into terry wogan occassionaly. Id prefer to be listening to an Irish accent, if i am being honest. What does it matter where the jingles come from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

Deedsie wrote: »
    How many Irish people listen to UK radio on average? I have never listened to Chris Moyles show. Used to tune into terry wogan occassionaly. Id prefer to be listening to an Irish accent, if i am being honest. What does it matter where the jingles come from?

exactly the point, ive never heard chris moyles show either, who cares what he has on his show. i listen to a bit of bbc 5live but thats for sport and general politics etc. as you say the majority of us dont listen to these uk shows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

nope I'd prefer to listne to a similar style show, but one thats more relevant to Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Nula 19

Completely get what you folks are saying, I love good Irish radio but it does just bother me that he has a whole show based around another DJ's ideas, work etc. I live near the border of Northern Ireland so i would listen to Chris Moyles the odd time (used to listen a lot more before working in Dub). He's just taken complete copycat ideas and run them here. I would assume safe in the knowledge that like yourselves a lot of people are hearing them for the first time and dont realise how ripped off his ideas are. But, i admit, people love him and he's obviously working for a lot of people out there!! Just not my cup of tea :rolleyes: P.S if you do like Ray Foley you should try listening to Chris Moyles, even if its just his podcast. He has a soft spot for Irish folk as his mams irish and he does give us a positive mention a lot of the time. He can be a bit opinionated sometimes and i dont always agree with him but he's good original entertainment ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Sierra 117

Completely get what you folks are saying, I love good Irish radio but it does just bother me that he has a whole show based around another DJ's ideas, work etc.

Care to tell us what Ray has taken from Moyle's show?

Sierra 117 wrote: »
    Care to tell us what Ray has taken from Moyle's show?

+1

Only the jingles was a bit of a copy, there isn't anything else reaaallly. cept he did celebrity two word tango recently. People complain because Foley is outspoken like moyles and they have similar styles. Obviously in this big wide world 2 radio DJs will have some similarities. and they're in different countries so, what's the big deal?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Ray is the King!!:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

Best part of the day 12.10pm, soon as I hear Foley's voice, bang, the radio station gets changed. Great therapy.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Rather enjoyed their perfume ad skit yesterday. Very funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Best part of the day 12.10pm, soon as I hear Foley's voice, bang, the radio station gets changed. Great therapy.

I feel sorry for you if that's the best part of your day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

That_Guy wrote: »
    Rather enjoyed their perfume ad skit yesterday. Very funny.

SMELL MY MANHOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!! *RAWR!!!!*

I was in the student's union, and nearly pissed myself in an attempt to stifle my laughter :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

The second he says good nafternoon it gets changed, hearing that is like nails on a chalk board to me as is the rest of his show.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Shekira

threein99 wrote: »
    The second he says good nafternoon it gets changed, hearing that is like nails on a chalk board to me as is the rest of his show.

Same here....can get to the radio quick enough to change the show! :eek:

SMELL MY MANHOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!! *RAWR!!!!*

I was in the student's union, and nearly pissed myself in an attempt to stifle my laughter :pac:

Hehe Pissy_girl08 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

The new webcams have been streaming some days and not others. Only seems to stream during Foleys show. (Don't think they've been launched yet?)

Anyway, they are streaming today - todayfm.com/tv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 IstaVala

The thing this guy fails to grasp is that his listenership figures continue to haemorrhage. People just don’t like him. He needs to take a long hard look at the pretty rubbish show he is producing, lose the flotsam of wannabes he uses as a crutch and actually try to present a show. I would actually like to see how he would fare actually presenting a show by himself – that would be the test of his mettle or more likely show his complete lack of talent. The way he is going he wont be long before they move him back to night time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

IstaVala wrote: »
    The thing this guy fails to grasp is that his listenership figures continue to haemorrhage. People just don’t like him. He needs to take a long hard look at the pretty rubbish show he is producing, lose the flotsam of wannabes he uses as a crutch and actually try to present a show. I would actually like to see how he would fare actually presenting a show by himself – that would be the test of his mettle or more likely show his complete lack of talent. The way he is going he wont be long before they move him back to night time.

Why would they move him back to night? What's the alternative?

It would be nice if there was a DJ with a likable personality on the radio here...oh well...

• Advertisement

who says they dont like him, i'll think you will find that quite a lot of people do like him. if he did the show on his own it wouldnt be the same craic as interacting with jp, ann and adelle. who wants to hear a 1 man boring dj show anyway. and id say today fm have absolutely no intention of moving him from the afternoon slot, why would they.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Shane10 wrote: »
    who says they dont like him

IstaVala said people don't like him right after he said " his listenership figures continue to haemorrhage". If that's true... then, eh... that's who says ;)
    who wants to hear a 1 man boring dj show anyway.

So are you saying that Foley is a boring DJ without Adele and JP?
    and id say today fm have absolutely no intention of moving him from the afternoon slot, why would they.

Radio stations shake things up every so often just to keep things fresh ... (although that said, TodayFM have been pretty-much the one station in Ireland who have kept their schedule fairly consistent and rigid over the last few years) so who knows? ...especially if he's "haemorrhaging" listeners in that time slot (I dunno if that's true...)

Anyway... What if HE himself doesn't find that slot challenging or exciting any more and wants to move?

Bard wrote: »
    IstaVala said people don't like him right after he said " his listenership figures continue to haemorrhage". If that's true... then, eh... that's who says ;)
    is it????? id say hes one of the most listened to at lunchtime...

So are you saying that Foley is a boring DJ without Adele and JP?
    no im saying he wouldnt be the same, im sure he would be the first to say that. id still listen to him though..

Radio stations shake things up every so often just to keep things fresh ... (although that said, TodayFM have been pretty-much the one station in Ireland who have kept their schedule fairly consistent and rigid over the last few years) so who knows? ...especially if he's "haemorrhaging" listeners in that time slot (I dunno if that's true...)

Anyway... What if HE himself doesn't find that slot challenging or exciting any more and wants to move?

well he did evenings and id say foley wouldnt like the morning starts and id say ian is fairly settled there..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

The thing this guy fails to grasp is that his listenership figures continue to haemorrhage

Linky?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Hey Ray, Love the Show!!:D

He has 160,000 odd listeners* That's fairly good in a non-primetime slot. If he were in breakfast I reckon he'd do well. I reckon if Ian Dempsey were to leave he'd get that slot. He says he wouldn't like to but if offered, he'd probably take it.

*Last time I checked, correct me sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mulner92

I like Foley and enjoy the show. Better than listening to recession depression eh? Him and Dempsey are probably my favourite djs on Today fm, used to like Ray D'arcy but i've gotten sick of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 IstaVala

He has lost 20,000 listeners this year - with the size of the audience he has I think thats what is called haemorrhaging...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

He has lost 20,000 listeners this year - with the size of the audience he has I think thats what is called haemorrhaging...

have you a link to these stats? I believe he gained a huge amount previous to this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

the queen of plagiarism has been rustled, listeners have cottoned on to the charlatan

it will be curtains soon enough.

perhaps there is a God....

Advertisement