Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

MrMac is that confirmed about Brian Maher and Luke Ó Faoláin?

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭IUA14

What are we all hoping for from tomorrow's show, well other than a little clarity on JP and what's next for them?

Personally hoping for an appearance from Adelle, a little Don't Forget The Ham Mam, maybe some lazy radio, and the lads cutting loose a bit since it's their last show, so why not!

How long do we reckon before Deeno is nicked by Today FM or Newstalk? Best newsreader out there!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Pity deeno couldn't have been there for Rays last day. Unless she is going to turn up in studio and thats why shes not there.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Obrieski

Won't know what to listen to in the morning's now. Always been a station flicker just to hear music, never loyal until I first heard Ray and JP on today fm and have been a fan since. Commute to work will be back to the flicking stage by the looks of it!

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Pity deeno couldn't have been there for Rays last day. Unless she is going to turn up in studio and thats why shes not there.

I imagine that will be the case...well hopefully

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

MrMac is that confirmed about Brian Maher and Luke Ó Faoláin?

Yes

Prodigy on Christmas Eve. Love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭chilloutrelax

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Yes

Strange selection...98fm is gradually morphing into spin.

My guess is that the new breasjfast show will be more music orientated.

Just played We'll Be Coming Back there...serious flashbacks to the last day in today fm. Remember actually watching that live on the today fm website

Obrieski wrote: »
    Just played We'll Be Coming Back there...serious flashbacks to the last day in today fm. Remember actually watching that live on the today fm website

Oasis...he's won the day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Don't look back in anger.

Muireann never showed up!

Obrieski wrote: »
    Muireann never showed up!

Yeah not sure why that was. I mean it was nice that like the blast started the just the two the show ended with just the two of them. Well I don't know if this thread will be closed now that the show is over. It was a pleasure to be on this thread. Had some laughs.

I knew he'd play the Peter Kay song.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

This morning I only caught the end of Ray's goodbye statement. I just listened to the whole thing on the podcast there - wow. Totally teared up. When he broke at the end when he was talking about JP, it was heartbreaking. They obviously won't be working together for the foreseeable future, because he wasn't lilke that when they left Today FM.

The only odd thing was that when he was listing the people to thank, there was no mention of Adele...

I started listening to Ray and JP back in the days of The Blast, and I never left them. And now they're leaving me. I'll really miss them from the airwaves. :(

When into the podcast does he make the statement? Have to have a listen.

Loughc wrote: »
    When into the podcast does he make the statement? Have to have a listen.

Very start. It's actually really nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

I started listening to JP & Foley towards the end of the blast days, and was mainly a podcast listener for the past six or so years (holy crap I've been listening to them for ages!) so hearing that they're going off the air with no new show lined up, and possibly not working together in future is actually fairly sad.

Not sure of the whys and hows of it but hopefully there'll be something like a weekend show or an NTN podcast reappearance in the New Year. As for what to actually listen to on the radio now I have no idea!!

Best of luck the whole team though. Hopefully they'll have a good 2016!

Didn't get a chance to listen live unfortunately. Is JP staying at 98?

I hope the NTN podcast makes a return now.

Just finished listening to today's podcast. It was nice. A very relaxed last day of school kinda feel to it. Some classics from the "sound lab" too. No real word on the future, but hopefully we will be hearing from the lads again soon. After all, if the Chris Moyles Show can come back on the air, then the Ray Foley Show most definitely can.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Chris Moyles was very successful though. As much as I loved listening to Ray his numbers were very poor.

Loughc wrote: »
    Chris Moyles was very successful though. As much as I loved listening to Ray his numbers were very poor.

Not at night or at lunchtime on the biggest national station out there but very poor only on a regional brekkie show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Steve King wrote: »
    The only logical move I can see for him outside of a return to Today FM is Breakfast on 2FM. Now that would be interesting!

As great as some regionals like iRadio and Red are it could be a step backwards after been on two major Dublin stations back to back. And I dont think FM104 and him would really gel together.

Over the years he has put effort into every link, bed, interview and bit. I hope he's back soon. Best of luck Ray.

Honestly, I can't see 2FM as an option for them right now. Breakfast Republic has been gaining figures. Even before the extra hour, back when they actually had 15 minutes less (ending at 8:45) they were gaining. I personally think it'd be silly to turf out BR to bring in Foley, who's first breakfast show outing has ended like this, before we at least see another 2-4 sets of figures for them.

An afternoon show possibly, but even at that 2FM's afternoon shows are all fairly new, and in the case of Nicky Byrne are doing OK.

I hate to be pessimistic, but right now I just can't see where there's an opening for Foley in radio right now. Maybe weekend breakfast on 2FM to replace Colm Hayes for a while? I dunno.

Listened back to the whole show from today on the app and loved it. Seriously ripped up the playlist and played some absolute tunes! Loved DJ Jayo and the little blasts from the past. Have to say I thought on EH Yeah Ok they were just going to give the money to the three of them!

As for what next, I think todays show seemed to indicate that both of them are leaving the station, and Adrian and Jeremy's little tribute at the start of their show indicated such. I think they will both take a well needed break for a while so I think its good they are not going straight to another station, openings would be limited right now as mentioned anyways, but down the road who knows...Cooper, Dempsey, Duffy or others could move around at TodayFM. The lads still have a lot of friends there with Ann, Shauna, Phil, Cooper, Dempsey, Mairead, Duffy, Cawley and others so I really would not be surprised if they ended up back there down the road!

I honestly cannot see them doing any form of breakfast show anywhere any time soon since Ray mentioned that the mornings had taken its toll on him the last 6 months. I hope during the break we get an NTN return every now and again, and it would be nice to have an update on what they are up to or thinking moving forward.

Anyways, 11 years later...love the show still.

I actually get giddy at the thoughts of them back on national radio (preferably today fm) lazy radio on a Friday, Dj Jay'o, the gauntlet with Ann, feedback (imagine the ammo now with darcey at RTE) , newsbusters, ah ya ok, and all the little stupid things they used do ripping the piss or even ringing random people too say gooooooooooo and kick off the show, the Friday afternoon mix just after the news at 2, I'd like too see some new features then maybe a beat the sports guy feat between Phil and jp with Ray playing up how stupid he is when it comes too sport, and maybe open the Friday mix bit up too guest djs too send in entry's or even on a Friday during the mix have Dj Jay'o (ala Dj Gary) doing 21st birthday, stag, hen, wedding, road trip shout outs
    I'm open too job offers lads ;) we know you read here. And too kick off the first show back you HAVE too play Calvin Harris We Be Coming Back

Oh and Ray

Love the show!!!

Someone tweeted him saying devastated he has quit the radio and he replied "I'm not" so let your imagination run wild.

IUA14 wrote: »
    Someone tweeted him saying devastated he has quit the radio and he replied "I haven't" so let your imagination run wild.

Link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Gutted. I've been away the last while so haven't been able to listen or use Boards. Only hearing the news now. Really sad to see them off the airwaves. Only a fan since TodayFM but been hooked since.

Thanks for all the laughs lads. Hope it works out for both of you. No idea what I'm gonna listen to in the morning.

Synode wrote: »
    Gutted. I've been away the last while so haven't been able to listen or use Boards. Only hearing the news now. Really sad to see them off the airwaves. Only a fan since TodayFM but been hooked since.

Thanks for all the laughs lads. Hope it works out for both of you. No idea what I'm gonna listen to in the morning.

Sure they only "made" them selfs on today fm

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Sure they only "made" them selfs on today fm

They seem to have a good few followers from tbe Blast days. Ive never heard anything befofe TodayFm.

There show was the only time I ever change over from TodayFm

• Advertisement

Synode wrote: »
    They seem to have a good few followers from tbe Blast days. Ive never heard anything befofe TodayFm.

The blast was today fm tho!!???????

Advertisement