Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Ray posted a soundcloud link to the end of his show in 2012 with tony fenton. It's a nice clip but sad at the same time. It shows what ray and the lads could do if let do his stuff, and it was nice to hear tony fenton's voice.
    https://soundcloud.com/rayfoleyshow/archive-the-ray-foley-show-may-1st-2012

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭soc160

buster180 wrote: »
    I remember the lads saying in a podcast that they pay really well. Ian Dempsey had paid for one of his kid’s college fees through the money he gets for the Lidl ads he does.

Dempsey is probably on a retainer with Lidl, so gets 5k a year say to do up to 100 ads maybe. Not paid regarding it's usage, might head to a studio once a month for 30 minutes and voice 10 ads and hes done, easy money of it's a major gig.

I have only heard Ray on an ad for Harvey Norman recently, is he doing more stuff?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭jezzer

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Muireann and Ray did the seven o'clock show again. Ray will have to get the band back together at some point.

https://twitter.com/rayfoleyshow/status/708364716696080384

Not being on mornings is REALLY suiting ray. Muireann is a stunner IMO.

ray went to sh*te there when they had the kids but he is starting to look his old self, that muireann is a grand bit of stuff but i prefer the blond bird that used to play camogie for cork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

jezzer wrote: »
    ray went to sh*te there when they had the kids but he is starting to look his old self, that muireann is a grand bit of stuff but i prefer the blond bird that used to play camogie for cork

Who's the blonde? Is it Ronan Keating's ex wife?

Synode wrote: »

shes a grand bit of stuff but no this is her http://www.tv3.ie/shows/sevenoclockshow/article/1.65.1323.1327/193394/Anna-Geary

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭SparklersJo

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    ... Muireann is a stunner IMO.

Well, at least we're staying on topic here and only judging people's presenting skills. And particularly on The Ray Foley Show.

Well done society.

Well, at least we're staying on topic here and only judging people's presenting skills. And particularly on The Ray Foley Show.

Well done society.

what has presenting skills got to do with anything?

what has presenting skills got to do with anything?

What have any of the above comments got to do with the Ray Foley Show?, which is what this thread is for?

What have any of the above comments got to do with the Ray Foley Show?, which is what this thread is for?

Don't take it so seriously. I was just wondering who jezzer was talking about. The World isn't ending or anything

Don't take it so seriously. I was just wondering who jezzer was talking about. The World isn't ending or anything

well said and the fact of the matter is there is no such thing as the ray foley show any more so we need to talk about other things happening in his life

• Advertisement

well said and the fact of the matter is there is no such thing as the ray foley show any more so we need to talk about other things happening in his life

Don't be so patronizing. I was simply making the point that it is irrelevant what Muireann looks like. And it is very condescending and disrespectful to speak of these women in their presenting roles as 'a grand bit of stuff' and 'the blond bird'. They are there to do a job after all.

Don't be so patronizing. I was simply making the point that it is irrelevant what Muireann looks like. And it is very condescending and disrespectful to speak of these women in their presenting roles as 'a grand bit of stuff' and 'the blond bird'. They are there to do a job after all.

:pac: You're calling me patronising? I hope you never call a good looking bloke a hunk. God forbid

Anyway, we'll leave it at that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭soc160

It's not really condescending and disrespectful to refer to someone as "the blonde bird" really. I mean if I referred to someone as a "bald bloke" or "tall guy" it's fine isn't it? Don't see the problems with that that phrasing.

"grand bit of stuff" is a step too far though.

Gosh, I really opened a can of worms here, didn't I? :o
    :pac: You're calling me patronising? I hope you never call a good looking bloke a hunk. God forbid

Anyway, we'll leave it at that

I meant you were being patronizing to me, by saying:

And no point did I ever say or imply the world was ending. You implied that I was overreacting, and that my opinion was to be dismissed as such. Your response there was patronizing.

But you're right. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

*Offers hand to shake*
    soc160 wrote: »
    It's not really condescending and disrespectful to refer to someone as "the blonde bird" really. I mean if I referred to someone as a "bald bloke" or "tall guy" it's fine isn't it? Don't see the problems with that that phrasing.

The problem isn't with the adjective 'blond'. Any feature such as 'blond', 'bald', 'tall' are used to distinguish people. But 'bloke' and 'guy' don't equate to 'bird'. If it was 'the blond woman/girl/lady', it would be different. :)

I'll shake and move on no problem Sparklers. My apologies for any offence caused.

The sooner Foley (and JP) are back on the air the better.

The sooner Foley (and JP) are back on the air the better.

You said it buddy! :) Can't wait for them to turn up somewhere again (hopefully Today FM!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 corcaigh_abu

You said it buddy! :) Can't wait for them to turn up somewhere again (hopefully Today FM!!)

I had a dream the other night that they were back on Today FM with an afternoon show. Had Craig Doyle in the TV ad for the show. Didn't manage to hear any of it but the TV ad suggested it'd more like the good old days.

but she is a serious bit of stuff

• Site Banned Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Martypants1

but she is a serious bit of stuff

She's alright. What's with the set on that programme. Everything looks fuzzy. Louise Duffy is a fine bird but her legs look terrible on it.

She's alright. What's with the set on that programme. Everything looks fuzzy. Louise Duffy is a fine bird but her legs look terrible on it.

yea i thought that too, what is going on there, is it the camera or what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭IUA14

Jesus Foley needs to get back on the air...3 months now...and what the hell is JP up to? Doubt he has just been sitting around, career outside radio or working elsewhere...so many questions!

IUA14 wrote: »
    Jesus Foley needs to get back on the air...3 months now...and what the hell is JP up to? Doubt he has just been sitting around, career outside radio or working elsewhere...so many questions!

i know, so many questions indeed, they need to make an official statement on JP

i know, so many questions indeed, they need to make an official statement on JP

Ha send Foley a tweet demanding an official statement on JP

Ha send Foley a tweet demanding an official statement on JP

i'm not on twitter, anyone on twitter who can do this? we need to know about JP

i'm not on twitter, anyone on twitter who can do this? we need to know about JP

He's on Facebook too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,388 ✭✭✭ofcork

Left a comment there maybe he might answer!!

ofcork wrote: »
    Left a comment there maybe he might answer!!

any luck?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,388 ✭✭✭ofcork

No nothing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭IUA14

Anyone watching Seven O'Clock show? Foley is looking fantastic, not a pick on him these days!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

IUA14 wrote: »
    Anyone watching Seven O'Clock show? Foley is looking fantastic, not a pick on him these days!

He has a double chin like Pat Rabbit. Who's your one with him? She's not really made for tv.

Advertisement