Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭IUA14

He has a double chin like Pat Rabbit. Who's your one with him? She's not really made for tv.

He's lost 3 stone so don't be a dick. And that's Muireann...think she's quite good actually, two of them work well together.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Sono

IUA14 wrote: »
    He's lost 3 stone so don't be a dick. And that's Muireann...think she's quite good actually, two of them work well together.

Where did you see he lost 3 stone? He still looks very heavy to me.

Sono wrote: »
    Where did you see he lost 3 stone? He still looks very heavy to me.

At his heaviest he was 17.2, before he left 98 had lost a stone and he has dropped a lot since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Sono

At his heaviest he was 17.2, before he left 98 had lost a stone and he has dropped a lot since then.

We must have very different vision then.

Guess so. You must be in tip top shape if you think he's "very heavy"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Look dude I can tell from your last few posts that you have a serious crush on Foley.
    One of your last posts on this thread was also complementing Ray on his weight loss and you're slagging off the new breakfast show on that thread too as in some desperate attempt that 98fm will read the thread and think they've made a mistake and reinstall Ray and JP, well the only place that's going to happen is in your dreams so keep it there.
    Anyway back to Ray, it looks like the only thing he's lost is his credibility.

Look dude I can tell from your last few posts that you have a serious crush on Foley.
    One of your last posts on this thread was also complementing Ray on his weight loss and you're slagging off the new breakfast show on that thread too as in some desperate attempt that 98fm will read the thread and think they've made a mistake and reinstall Ray and JP, well the only place that's going to happen is in your dreams so keep it there.
    Anyway back to Ray, it looks like the only thing he's lost is his credibility.

Haha pathetic. I think Foley has worked hard to lose the massive amount of weight he put on last few years and credit to him, thats all, I know its a bitch to do. As for the rest of your s****, no I don't want Foley back on 98FM at all, completely wrong station for them and wrong market... didn't realise I couldn't air my opinion on a forum...how stupid of me. The new 98FM breakfast show I dislike purely as I don't like the presenters and I find it boring...as a lot of people on that thread would agree by the way. Didn't slag it off actually, said don't like it and commented the reason they are trending daily is because 98FM tweet the hashtag constantly.

Anyways, nice to know a comment that Foley was looking well led you to slag off his weight, credibility and try to start a row with me...slow Friday night?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Haha pathetic. I think Foley has worked hard to lose the massive amount of weight he put on last few years and credit to him, thats all, I know its a bitch to do. As for the rest of your s****, no I don't want Foley back on 98FM at all, completely wrong station for them and wrong market... didn't realise I couldn't air my opinion on a forum...how stupid of me. The new 98FM breakfast show I dislike purely as I don't like the presenters and I find it boring...as a lot of people on that thread would agree by the way. Didn't slag it off actually, said don't like it and commented the reason they are trending daily is because 98FM tweet the hashtag constantly.

Anyways, nice to know a comment that Foley was looking well led you to slag off his weight, credibility and try to start a row with me...slow Friday night?

Well I honestly don't think he's looking well but I'm comparing him to the take me out days.
    I also don't think he's sounding well, seems to have lost his spark and bit of craic.

Well I honestly don't think he's looking well but I'm comparing him to the take me out days.
    I also don't think he's sounding well, seems to have lost his spark and bit of craic.

Yeah fair enough, allowed your opinion and I won't cut ya down for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Foley needs to come back to radio...

We all got along in here by and large when he was on the radio...

:(

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

wnolan1992 wrote: »

All hail the king!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭jezzer

i watched foley and morreen on the 7 o clock show on friday, i thought they were quite good

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The MOC is doing the early breakfast on today FM all this week. I'm listening to the listen back now and I think it's the first time I've heard her on radio since the lads left. Muireann has a very easy voice to listen to.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    The MOC is doing the early breakfast on today FM all this week. I'm listening to the listen back now and I think it's the first time I've heard her on radio since the lads left. Muireann has a very easy voice to listen to.

She's filled in for Barry Dunne on 98fm a few times since the lads have left. She's far too good to be a sub. But 98's schedule is full and her old spot is gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭soc160

She was on 98fm on saturday morning anput 11, not sure if she's regular in that slot, might be worth giving her a regular weekend slot.

but what about JP? can anyone confirm what he is at?

jezzer wrote: »
    but what about JP? can anyone confirm what he is at?

Thats the big question. Tweeted Foley the other day saying it been 3 months, he's got to give us a bit of podcasting or something, he liked the tweet but no podcast so far.

Thats the big question. Tweeted Foley the other day saying it been 3 months, he's got to give us a bit of podcasting or something, he liked the tweet but no podcast so far.

yes i think we all need to know at this stage, what JP did next

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I'd love an NTN pod, it's weird they haven't done one because I got the impression that they enjoyed it and that they only stopped due to time constraints.

• Advertisement

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I'd love an NTN pod, it's weird they haven't done one because I got the impression that they enjoyed it and that they only stopped due to time constraints.

It could be a possibility that they're not doing one because there's stuff they can't talk about yet, or else JP is still contracted to 98 so it wouldn't be worth the hassle for him (similar to Shauna and Ann).

It could be a possibility that they're not doing one because there's stuff they can't talk about yet, or else JP is still contracted to 98 so it wouldn't be worth the hassle for him (similar to Shauna and Ann).

Seems like we all have so many questions...I would assume their contract with 98FM is long finished so its not a case of gardening leave. I would assume that they both had the same length contract so would be strange if they extended JP's and kept him on in some behind the scenes role?

I wouldn't mind if they weren't allowed talk about 98, I just miss their banter :(

I wouldn't mind if they weren't allowed talk about 98, I just miss their banter :(

Yeah same, I really don't care about the 98FM elephant in the room...I am sure at some stage they would explain it but more interested in hearing what they have been up to and whats next and just them waffling on.

All's I know is, Foley best get back on air pretty quick, because I'm coming for him!

http://www.oxygen.ie/smedias-nominations/ (Radio DJ) :pac: :pac: :pac:

All's I know is, Foley best get back on air pretty quick, because I'm coming for him!

http://www.oxygen.ie/smedias-nominations/ (Radio DJ) :pac: :pac: :pac:

Congratulations! Didn't he do some judging for the Smedias last year?

Congratulations! Didn't he do some judging for the Smedias last year?

Nope, he did one of the college specific awards (DIT I believe, but don't quote me on that).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Congrats wnolan1992 - best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Been listening to her since she had an afternoon show on phantom around 5 or 6 years ago. she deserves to be way further up the pecking order. She would kick Louise duffys ass on today fm if she had that slot imo

• Advertisement

Been listening to her since she had an afternoon show on phantom around 5 or 6 years ago. she deserves to be way further up the pecking order. She would kick Louise duffys ass on today fm if she had that slit imo

Completely agree!

Advertisement