Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭jezzer

Been listening to her since she had an afternoon show on phantom around 5 or 6 years ago. she deserves to be way further up the pecking order. She would kick Louise duffys ass on today fm if she had that slot imo

yes i agree, i always felt louise duffy got an easy ride in the door for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 33 corcaigh_abu

jezzer wrote: »
    yes i agree, i always felt louise duffy got an easy ride in the door for some reason

Probably just a 'right time right place'. KC didn't stick around that long and so she was clearly an interim solution at lunchtimes. Then T-bone needed cover so may as well put her in there and kinda hard to kick her out after he passed. The station needs a bit if female face too so another box ticked by default. Unless her numbers are taking a hit I can't see them making a change. Today FM is the station of consistency. Before Foley left there hadn't been a change in the main line-up (7-7) in how many years?

And i'd echo the NTN comments. Started listening to them again recently. Fcukn hilarious and no real mention of work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Is iTunes the only place to get the NTN podcasts? I use Beyond Pod on Android and can't figure out how to listen to them. Feedly don't have them at all

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭IUA14

Synode wrote: »
    Is iTunes the only place to get the NTN podcasts? I use Beyond Pod on Android and can't figure out how to listen to them. Feedly don't have them at all

As far as I remember they switched from PodBean to Soundcloud so you can get them on there too. Listening back to them myself, the last 7 were gold!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

LAZY RADIO NOSTALGIA !!!! Gummi bear juice JUICE.

• Advertisement

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW JP IS DOING???? JP I'm sure you read this, how are you doing? we are worried about you...

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW JP IS DOING???? JP I'm sure you read this, how are you doing? we are worried about you...

Some say he spends his days looking up on flames on Facebook...

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Going by ray's twitter account he was fine and well as of the 20th of February.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Certain posters on this thread are probably after getting a stirring in their loins as Foley just pulled his shirt up on the 7 o clock show to reveal a sprayed on 6 pack!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Certain posters on this thread are probably after getting a stirring in their loins as Foley just pulled his shirt up on the 7 o clock show to reveal a sprayed on 6 pack!

I knew there HAD to be a reason why I was so cheerful tonight. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Sono

That was some sight I'm sure, any pics!?

Really like Louise Duffy on The Seven O'Clock Show, much better setting for her than radio, comes across far more likeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Contractual gardening leave re: radio.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Fr_Dougal wrote: »

Really? I didn't think that counts if they sack you.

Loughc wrote: »
    Really? I didn't think that counts if they sack you.

They probably weren't "sacked". Think of it like when a football manager leaves a club "by mutual agreement". It's just a way of both parties saving face.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    They probably weren't "sacked". Think of it like when a football manager leaves a club "by mutual agreement". It's just a way of both parties saving face.

Yeah makes sense.

So are we thinking they had more than a 3 year contract then? If it was 4 then we may not be hearing them on the airwaves until November at the earliest if they are in fact on gardening leave...would be surprised if that was the case but would explain why no podcasts perhaps...

foley was class on the 7 o clock show last night, the sprayed on 6 pack was hilarious, great chemistry with louise duffy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

They're hardly on gardening leave. I'd say they had a 3 year contract which was up in November and they were given the boot then, but they and 98 decided they'd stay on until Christmas just for handiness.

I know this forum has a good record when it comes to "rumours", but I just can't believe this one tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

500k a year folks

not in on the story,please go on.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

Presumably they are talking about the 500k a year Darcy is on for switching to RTE, he was in the papers yesterday saying while he missed Today FM he made the right move to RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

wrong thread apologies

• Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Fr_Dougal wrote: »

Chance of that is zero. 3 year contract, expired, let go. Nobody else even vaguely willing to pay what they want. Their Dublin numbers were abysmal, and the national outlets won't want them either.

ray is class on the 7 o clock show, i thought i would miss juicy lucy and mad martin but i'm enjoying this week

L1011 wrote: »
    Chance of that is zero. 3 year contract, expired, let go. Nobody else even vaguely willing to pay what they want. Their Dublin numbers were abysmal, and the national outlets won't want them either.

Not sure if I posted this already, but I think they'd fit in well on 2FM now tbh. If they were to replace Breakfast Republic then I think 2FM would have a pretty strong line-up 7-7.

Though it's hard to gauge how well or bad BR has ben doing with all the slot changes, so if they really are doing well figures-wise, then this is unlikely, plus would Ray do another breakfast show...

L1011 wrote: »

Agree with the statement that they are most likely not on gardening leave. Dublin numbers were not good and that was not helped given that 98FM is in a state.

But as for the rest of it not so sure...they were on national radio at lunchtime for 6 very successful years and before that on The Blast in the evening and they were consistently beating expectations numbers-wise...nobody has gotten close to their numbers since! They tried local radio in Dublin and it didn't work out...took a chance on doing something different and had no joy. There are realistically two viable destinations for the lads, 2FM and Today FM, neither of which have space on their schedules right now as they both made changes in the last year or two on weekdays 5am-7pm...so wouldn't assume its a case of not being wanted, also a case of right opportunity coming along.

• Site Banned Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Martypants1

ray is class on the 7 o clock show, i thought i would miss juicy lucy and mad martin but i'm enjoying this week

How could you enjoy that show whoever is presenting it? Nobody guests, chefs do be like people they pull from catering courses. Set is an eyesore, fuzzy on camera.

How could you enjoy that show whoever is presenting it? Nobody guests, chefs do be like people they pull from catering courses. Set is an eyesore, fuzzy on camera.

well now that you say it, its true, ronan keatings ex missus was on one day and she said she does a bit of cooking, next thing she is on most days cooking....one day they were stuck and they got the consumer affairs lad that always wears pajamas to work in doing the cooking....

twink is always on, mammy o rourke as well....the set is atrocious, looks like it was thrown together using the bits left over from your ikea purchases and the camera quality is terrible, all the birds legs look terrible for some reason....however as bad as all that is, its still better than the late late show and the ray darcy show put together which says it all really... on the upside, the sports girl and ciara king are nice to look at

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

IUA14 wrote: »

But as for the rest of it not so sure...they were on national radio at lunchtime for 6 very successful years and before that on The Blast in the evening and they were consistently beating expectations numbers-wise...nobody has gotten close to their numbers since! They tried local radio in Dublin and it didn't work out...took a chance on doing something different and had no joy. There are realistically two viable destinations for the lads, 2FM and Today FM, neither of which have space on their schedules right now as they both made changes in the last year or two on weekdays 5am-7pm...so wouldn't assume its a case of not being wanted, also a case of right opportunity coming along.

There's three national stations - one won't have them back, one is a talk station and the other is 2FM and has a full new schedule with no openings right now.

Advertisement