Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭jezzer

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Dempsey too move too last word possibly also? Lots of re-shuffles

if sahurday cooper went to newstalk antoine could move to the last word with foley moving into antoines slot?

i think cooper likes afternoons though as he does a lot of activities during the day

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭IUA14

jezzer wrote: »
    if sahurday cooper went to newstalk antoine could move to the last word with foley moving into antoines slot?

i think cooper likes afternoons though as he does a lot of activities during the day

I would see that as the next step for Foley given he is doing his journalism masters...a part discussion/part music show...

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭reg114

IUA14 wrote: »
    I would see that as the next step for Foley given he is doing his journalism masters...a part discussion/part music show...

Not so sure. Ray's style is to talk 'at' people, never struck me as a great listener which is something you need, to be a good interviewer. Can an old dog learn new tricks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

reg114 wrote: »
    Not so sure. Ray's style is to talk 'at' people, never struck me as a great listener which is something you need, to be a good interviewer. Can an old dog learn new tricks?

Yeah he's a terrible interviewer. Especially when it's serious

Synode wrote: »
    Yeah he's a terrible interviewer. Especially when it's serious

oh he is an horrific interviewer, he is grand for light entertainment but never a serious interviewer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    All's I know is, Foley best get back on air pretty quick, because I'm coming for him!

http://www.oxygen.ie/smedias-nominations/ (Radio DJ) :pac: :pac: :pac:

Update: I only went and won the bloody thing. :pac: :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Update: I only went and won the bloody thing. :pac: :pac:

Congrats man!!! Great achievement :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Gwan the wnolan! I hear there's a few job openings in Newstalk, you better get those demos in asap.

oh he is an horrific interviewer, he is grand for light entertainment but never a serious interviewer

Oh I wouldn't see him in a full-on serious talk show role, definitely not a good fit for that, but a show like that which Anton does, and D'arcy did circa 2009...less annoying and a little more music perhaps...we shall see! Really needs to get back on the radio and podcasting...hopefully whatever he alluded to that was preventing them doing so until now passes!

https://twitter.com/rayfoleyshow/status/716531363185369088

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I think the only thing stopping them is time tbh. I think he has exams in May so that might be taking up his spare time at the moment.

• Advertisement

Little radio reunion today...but JP MIA

https://twitter.com/MuireannOConnel/status/720262148648255488

Little radio reunion today...but JP MIA

Is it safe to assume JP can be deemed to be a missing person at this stage :pac:

Loughc wrote: »
    Is it safe to assume JP can be deemed to be a missing person at this stage :pac:

this is serious, where is the little guy? we need to know

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

this is serious, where is the little guy? we need to know

Dublin ?

This has all the makings of a real life Where's Wally #FindJP

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Dublin ?

dundalk

This has all the makings of a real life Where's Wally #FindJP

it does, or its like the time the guy from the manic street preachers went missing... his fan base need to know #findJP

Word on the street is that all 2fm weekend contracts are up this summer... Ray to make an appearance in Montrose? It'd be a good way to get back on the national airwaves.

Word on the street is that all 2fm weekend contracts are up this summer... Ray to make an appearance in Montrose? It'd be a good way to get back on the national airwaves.

i cant see him doing weekends plus he has a long time spat with ruth scott

dundalk

He's from Dundalk(God love him) but I'm sure he lives in Dublin.
    Lads I don't understand the need to know where JP is or what he is doing. I'm sure he's grand and happy out. I mean do ye want him on a video showing a recent newspaper front page ?

• Advertisement

i cant see him doing weekends plus he has a long time spat with ruth scott

I don't think Foley will take up a weekend slot but with regards Ruth Scott, I don't think that was a serious spat at all...always piss taking it seemed, he had her on The Seven O'Clock Show couch a couple of months back sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I mean do ye want him on a video showing a recent newspaper front page ?

Yes. I mean is it too much to ask for? #wheresJP

He's from Dundalk(God love him) but I'm sure he lives in Dublin.
    Lads I don't understand the need to know where JP is or what he is doing. I'm sure he's grand and happy out. I mean do ye want him on a video showing a recent newspaper front page ?

i thought he commuted? I think we should know where JP is, i mean he was a long time side kick to foley and he suddenly vanishes, after all his struggles to find a bird and make his way in life, we were with him all the time, now he is gone, i'm concerned for him #wheresJP

i thought he commuted? I think we should know where JP is, i mean he was a long time side kick to foley and he suddenly vanishes, after all his struggles to find a bird and make his way in life, we were with him all the time, now he is gone, i'm concerned for him #wheresJP

Nope he lives in dublin I'm fairly certain.

Ruth Scott will be shown the door, if the rumours that abound on this forum are true (and tbh with the track record on 2fm rumours on here...).

I think a weekend spot on a national station would be a smart move for Ray. It'd get his name back out there and still allow him to focus on other media work.

Ruth Scott will be shown the door, if the rumours that abound on this forum are true (and tbh with the track record on 2fm rumours on here...).

I think a weekend spot on a national station would be a smart move for Ray. It'd get his name back out there and still allow him to focus on other media work.

Indeed. And getting a foot in the door at RTE is just a clever move all round. Plus, didn't he say before that they'd approached him about a job?

Honestly, I think he'd fit in very well on 2FM now, and having the week free to do TV work... could be a runner.

Though personally I don't buy the "wholesale clearout" rumour myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Yeah but...2FM. Ew.

leggo wrote: »
    Yeah but...2FM. Ew.

I've actually found myself really enjoying Eoghan McDermott's show recently. He's fun to listen to, and he provides a welcome oasis in the storm of talk radio at drivetime.

Can't speak for the rest of the station though.

Indeed. And getting a foot in the door at RTE is just a clever move all round. Plus, didn't he say before that they'd approached him about a job?

Honestly, I think he'd fit in very well on 2FM now, and having the week free to do TV work... could be a runner.

Yeah he mentioned they did in a podcast last year at some point, think the approach was 2010/2011 if I recall. It is worth remembering that his misses works there also so its not a ludicrous idea Foley ending up at 2FM despite him not exactly loving some people there...*breakfast republic*...we'll see I guess!

Nothing seems to be imminent unfortunately!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭soc160

I've actually found myself really enjoying Eoghan McDermott's show recently. He's fun to listen to, and he provides a welcome oasis in the storm of talk radio at drivetime.

Can't speak for the rest of the station though.

Does he play music at all? I usually only hear between 6-7 and anytime i flick on he's talking...

Would there be any conflict of interest if he stays at TV3 and works for 2FM. As much as he likes radio he's probably getting more money on TV for that. So unless it was a full time gig would he bother with it?

Advertisement