Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,388 ✭✭✭ofcork

Mairead Farrell has been on the 7 o clock show and working for rte as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

ofcork wrote: »
    Mairead Farrell has been on the 7 o clock show and working for rte as well.

Thought she was dempseys producer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

She does TV work as well as producing on today fm.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭IUA14

Looks like Muireann and Foley made national media after last nights show...both of them came off well taking the piss out of people!

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/tv-news/everyone-was-distracted-by-muireann-oconnells-legs-on-the-seven-oclock-show-last-night-34632765.html

In other news, JP got a mention and Foley mentioned his life is boring at the top of the show, hopefully he gets the radio or podcast itch soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I know it's not the NTN podcast thread but I've listened back to a feck load of episodes and its just so good and funny.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Really want to listen to them but the Sundcloud app is a pain in the ass. Can they be downloaded anywhere else?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Synode wrote: »
    Really want to listen to them but the Sundcloud app is a pain in the ass. Can they be downloaded anywhere else?

There's NTN episodes on iTunes.

I use downcast.

Loughc wrote: »
    There's NTN episodes on iTunes.

Can they be taken out of iTunes? Want to listen on an android phone

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

That I'm not sure of. I have an iPhone.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I use downcast.

Can't see on play store

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I use an app called Podcast Addict that comes with an option to search the iTunes library to subscribe to podcasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Your friendly neighbourhood Podcasts moderator to the rescue!

You certainly can get them out of iTunes. Once you download them, right click on an episode and you'll see an option to "Show in Windows Explorer". That'll take you to the .mp3 file wherever it's stored on your PC. Then just copy it across to your phone.

Bit of a faff, but it you can't get any of the other apps working then it's an option.

flazio wrote: »
    I use an app called Podcast Addict that comes with an option to search the iTunes library to subscribe to podcasts.

Only goes back to episode 28

Only goes back to episode 28

Looks like that's as far back as they go on iTunes

Right I've done what any self respecting Foley fan would do - downloaded the missing ones from Soundcloud using http://scdownloader.net/

If anyone else wants them PM and I'll send you a link

Looks like that's as far back as they go on iTunes

Yeah when he switched over from using podbean there was an issue if I remember correctly and he had to set up a new podcast feed on iTunes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭jezzer

any word on JP?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Watching the Seven O'Clock Show, Foley looks like he wants to punch Twink the whole time :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭jezzer

still no word on JP

• Advertisement

About 10 episodes into the NTN podcasts. They're fecking gas

About 10 episodes into the NTN podcasts. They're fecking gas

Yes. yes they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Nordy Eoghan is on The Seven O'Clock show on tv3!

98FM breakfast show down 3,000 listeners since Foley left, sinking ship...

IUA14 wrote: »
    98FM breakfast show down 3,000 listeners since Foley left, sinking ship...

They need to decide what type of station they are or it will continue. There's just no continuity throughout the day. A regular breakfast show followed by a phone in show followed by a long music only show just doesn't hold listeners

They need to decide what type of station they are or it will continue. There's just no continuity throughout the day. A regular breakfast show followed by a phone in show followed by a long music only show just doesn't hold listeners

Completely agree!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jackmcc

They should have left Ray and JP do what they like and get rid of all the "must haves" on morning radio. There's dozens of stations doing news, traffic, Maroon 5, kids stuff, give away stuff at traffic lights, Ellie Goulding, front pages, Adele, etc. every 30mins... DOZENS!

That's where 98 failed with the Ray Foley Show, Foley's strengths are when he goes off script and just has the chats and bants. It's funny and the audience feels inclusive.

A more non-structured show would have been ideal, putting him in a segment heavy show was never gonna work and it's still never gonna work now for 98.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

Just heard an ad for hosting a HB Ice Cream party with Pierce Brosnan. Made me smile!

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    That's where 98 failed with the Ray Foley Show, Foley's strengths are when he goes off script and just has the chats and bants. It's funny and the audience feels inclusive.

A more non-structured show would have been ideal, putting him in a segment heavy show was never gonna work and it's still never gonna work now for 98.

Yeah hit the nail on the head there, and there are so many of the same, inoffensive, safe, and frankly boring, breakfast shows on Dublin radio that it would have been nice to try something different instead of trying to fit the mould...98FM are in a place where they need to do something...

Interesting to see if any moves are made soon on schedules at 2FM and TodayFM to arrest the slides...hopefully Foley will be back on air soon.

Advertisement