Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jackmcc

Perhaps the podcasting (NTN and the intro stuff) was an accidental experiment to see if people would like Ray's non-templated, fun, chatty, broadcasting style. Imagine trying to sell those old podcasts to conservative radio executives. I doubt anyone would be brave enough to do something like that... unless someone in the UK or US had proven it could work already.

I'd only love to hear an update on Ray's farty knees :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭jezzer

still no word on JP?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

jezzer wrote: »
    still no word on JP?

Let it go friend :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭soc160

jackmcc wrote: »
    Perhaps the podcasting (NTN and the intro stuff) was an accidental experiment to see if people would like Ray's non-templated, fun, chatty, broadcasting style. Imagine trying to sell those old podcasts to conservative radio executives. I doubt anyone would be brave enough to do something like that... unless someone in the UK or US had proven it could work already.

I'd only love to hear an update on Ray's farty knees :D

Isn't that exactly what Hamish and Andy do in Australia? Syndicate a show which has no really structure, the show is based on their personality.

There's a time and place for that kind of show, it's not breakfast on a commercial Dublin station though.

If they where smart they would do some podcast stuff, even just to remain relevant. If you're out of the game for a while people will forget about you and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭IUA14

Rumour posted on boards today that Foley is becoming a part of 2FM's weekend schedule from June 11th...not so sure on the legitimacy of this but would be an interesting move...would JP follow? Doubtful...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

IUA14 wrote: »
    Rumour posted on boards today that Foley is becoming a part of 2FM's weekend schedule from June 11th...not so sure on the legitimacy of this but would be an interesting move...would JP follow? Doubtful...

Would be a logical move for Foley and 2FM tbh. Hope it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Impossible to know if there is any truth in it alright, why do you think it would be doubtful JP would follow him. Depends what he's up to at the moment I guess. You can be sure rte pay will be a lot better than 98fm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Would be a logical move for Foley and 2FM tbh. Hope it happens.

Please say he is replacing Ruth Scott.... Although that time of the day on a Saturday is a real no mans land.

The dry banter between Rick oshea and Cormac battle works well for a conservative station like 2fm, the "zany" breakfast republic is just awfully forced fun in my opinion so hopefully foley would have something in between. Maybe jp and Foley need a break for him to find his feet and a different format that will work.

His head will probably be wrecked at rte....

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Impossible to know if there is any truth in it alright, why do you think it would be doubtful JP would follow him. Depends what he's up to at the moment I guess. You can be sure rte pay will be a lot better than 98fm.

I just don't think RTE would pay for "The Ray Foley Show", meaning himself and JP as a package, and then stick it on weekends which is, as someone else said, no man's land essentially. But if it will end up being a springboard to weekdays it would be a great move...I honestly cannot see Nicky Byrne hanging around for a long time especially with him supposedly going touring later this year with his new album. Could work out that Foley and his show come in and cover when he's off also.

Don't know why but just can't see him at 2FM...

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I just don't think RTE would pay for "The Ray Foley Show", meaning himself and JP as a package, and then stick it on weekends which is, as someone else said, no man's land essentially. But if it will end up being a springboard to weekdays it would be a great move...I honestly cannot see Nicky Byrne hanging around for a long time especially with him supposedly going touring later this year with his new album. Could work out that Foley and his show come in and cover when he's off also.

Don't know why but just can't see him at 2FM...

I think 2fm is a logical step for Ray personally. I mean for all the issues with it? It's still a national radio station.

• Advertisement

Has there even been a sighting of JP?

Has there even been a sighting of JP?

Yes.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Yes.

where? is he ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

JP is fine I'm sure. We don't need to know what he's at.

Anyway, if the Ray to 2FM rumour turns out to be true I think it's a good move. I've said it on here before - a weekend slot on 2FM gets his name back out there on national radio and allows him to continue with other work/study etc so it makes sense. He'd fit in well on 2FM and tbh it'd be mad to turn down a foot in the door at RTE. Just look at Darcy's wages!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Sure he'd be mad to turn down that Darcy money.

where? is he ok?

On Twitter and he looked grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Whose Twitter?

Synode wrote: »
    Whose Twitter?

Raymond's

what was he doing?

JP is fine I'm sure. We don't need to know what he's at.

Anyway, if the Ray to 2FM rumour turns out to be true I think it's a good move. I've said it on here before - a weekend slot on 2FM gets his name back out there on national radio and allows him to continue with other work/study etc so it makes sense. He'd fit in well on 2FM and tbh it'd be mad to turn down a foot in the door at RTE. Just look at Darcy's wages!!

i'm sure the weekend staff in 2fm dont get a colour of what darcy is on

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Raymond's

I follow @rayfoleyshow and don't remember seeing JP. Does Ray have his own too?

Synode wrote: »
    I follow @rayfoleyshow and don't remember seeing JP. Does Ray have his own too?

It was a picture of the two of them. He looked fine as far as I could see. I really don't get the need to know what JP is up to. It was on the rayfoleyshow account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Yeah the "where is JP" stuff was funny the first few times but it's a bit overdone now.

Yeah the "where is JP" stuff was funny the first few times but it's a bit overdone now.

its not meant to be funny, its genuine concern, it must be a big life change for him

Well Louise Duffy is moving to 7-9 but her afternoon show is being taken over by Fegal D'arcy...shame, would have loved to see Ray and JP back there...wonder what Ann will do now actually...

http://www.independent.ie/style/celebrity/celebrity-features/exclusive-today-fm-star-louise-duffy-on-marriage-to-paul-galvin-and-her-latest-career-move-34731442.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Well Louise Duffy is moving to 7-9 but her afternoon show is being taken over by Fegal D'arcy...shame, would have loved to see Ray and JP back there...wonder what Ann will do now actually...

http://www.independent.ie/style/celebrity/celebrity-features/exclusive-today-fm-star-louise-duffy-on-marriage-to-paul-galvin-and-her-latest-career-move-34731442.html
    Ann will just hang around in the background and be labelled as some form of "researcher" like they did with Lenny after KC left. You still hear him every now and again in the background on Dermot & Dave.
    Today Fm seems like a really nice place to work.

Foley really making the best of his time off, fair play to him!

https://www.facebook.com/sevenoclockshow/videos/1701906083411256/

• Registered Users Posts: 33 corcaigh_abu

He seems content at the moment.
    http://s32.postimg.org/mhi9gewed/Capture.jpg
    Still can't imagine he's not dying to get back into a good radio slot. Listened to a little bit of Fergal Darcy - sounds a bit D&D. Think Today FM would get a bit saturated with humour style shows if Foley was to get the drivetime show when MC moves to NT as previously suggested here....

• Advertisement

He seems content at the moment.
    http://s32.postimg.org/mhi9gewed/Capture.jpg
    Still can't imagine he's not dying to get back into a good radio slot. Listened to a little bit of Fergal Darcy - sounds a bit D&D. Think Today FM would get a bit saturated with humour style shows if Foley was to get the drivetime show when MC moves to NT as previously suggested here....

Yeah I hope he will be back on the air soon, really miss the show, don't really have any appointment listening anymore...if TodayFM is on I'll listen to it but wouldn't go out of my way to make sure I listen to anything these days.

Fergal Darcy is a bit hyper for me, forced fun kind of thing. Would have loved to see Foley and JP get that slot. Have to say it now seems like Today FM weekends or 2FM is most likely destination.

Advertisement