Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭IUA14

Doubt Foley will be headin back to TodayFM...they just appointed the 98FM CEO who joined there on 2014 as their new CEO...horrible appointment given his reign would be hard to spin as a success at 98FM...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Wow. 98fm has been a mess for years. Very strange appointment

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭chilloutrelax

IUA14 wrote: »
    Doubt Foley will be headin back to TodayFM...they just appointed the 98FM CEO who joined there on 2014 as their new CEO...horrible appointment given his reign would be hard to spin as a success at 98FM...https://twitter.com/todayfmnews/status/735060296369209344

Thats just utterly bizarre!

98fm is an absolute mess and it's a pure management issue.

Decision making in Communicorp is very strange! Obviously they want TodayFm to also go down hill further…

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Thats just utterly bizarre!

98fm is an absolute mess and it's a pure management issue.

Decision making in Communicorp is very strange! Obviously they want TodayFm to also go down hill further…

Communicorp hardly want todayfm to go down hill. It's a very successful national radio station.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭chilloutrelax

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Communicorp hardly want todayfm to go down hill. It's a very successful national radio station.

I was being facetious to highlight the bizarre decision making.

ommenting on the appointment, Gervaise Slowey, Chief Executive of Communicorp, said: “I am delighted to announce Keith McCormack as the new CEO for Today FM. Keith is a true leader and has built a phenomenal team in 98FM. The station has enjoyed both commercial and market share growth under his stewardship. He has a strong track record in commercial development, sales and marketing and I know his expertise will be invaluable to the future growth of Today FM.”

What increase in share?
    What phenomenal team? What have they delivered?

This is spin at its best..

Good luck to all involved.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭jezzer

Looks like fergal darcy is getting louise duffys slot, wonder will that open up darcys current slot for foley or is it just a straight swap with duffy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

jezzer wrote: »
    Looks like fergal darcy is getting louise duffys slot, wonder will that open up darcys current slot for foley or is it just a straight swap with duffy?

Straight swap - Louise said it'll give her more wiggle room with the type of music she wants to play and more time off for her website

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

jezzer wrote: »

Have you been out of the country for the last week or have you just woke from a coma?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Have you been out of the country for the last week or have you just woke from a coma?

Well the news didn't involve Paula mcsweeney so jeezer has no interest.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well the news didn't involve Paula mcsweeney so jeezer has no interest.

exactly, keeping a good eye on what Paula is up to consumes most of my time ;)

• Advertisement

Utah wrote: »
    Straight swap - Louise said it'll give her more wiggle room with the type of music she wants to play and more time off for her website

Time off for her website? dont tell me its a fashion website? she is on the national airwaves and she wants most time off for her website??!!! anyhow, i think that slot will suit her better and darcy would be a good follow on after d&d, continuous messing....ironically darcy seems to have taken foleys former position as the next big thing!

It would appear from her Twitter that Adelle is back at Today FM in some capacity...

Yeah the "where is JP" stuff was funny the first few times but it's a bit overdone now.

As a follow up to the "Where is JP" thing that just wouldn't die...he has been spotted...in France...on Off The Ball with Newstalk...

https://twitter.com/offtheball/status/740975838246674432

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

IUA14 wrote:
    As a follow up to the "Where is JP" thing that just wouldn't die...he has been spotted...in France...on Off The Ball with Newstalk...

On the other thread (Ray to 2fm rumour one), a poster said they were referring to him as "Producer JP", and I remember hearing that the previous OTB producer had left recently. So I'm guessing JP's after getting a big new job! Good for him, I might have to give it a listen now.

I'd say that's it regards to a possible reunion though I imagine.

On the other thread (Ray to 2fm rumour one), a poster said they were referring to him as "Producer JP", and I remember hearing that the previous OTB producer had left recently. So I'm guessing JP's after getting a big new job! Good for him, I might have to give it a listen now.

I'd say that's it regards to a possible reunion though I imagine.

Yeah I had a listen to yesterdays Off The Ball and he was on air with the lads for the roundup of the week at the end of the show. Adrian Barry has christened him PJP (Producer JP). He has replaced Producer Mick who left a couple of weeks back. Delighted for him, he was always a bit of a Newstalk lover and he's back in Marconi House too so alongside his Today FM mates.

Interesting that he has popped up 6 months after leaving 98...and still in the Communicorp group...hopefully Foley wont be too long behind him. No reunion for them on air for the foreseeable future anyway so hopefully they do start to podcast again as Foley said they would!

I'm coming towards the end of the NTN podcasts. Don't know what I'm gonna do when I'm finished them :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Synode wrote: »
    I'm coming towards the end of the NTN podcasts. Don't know what I'm gonna do when I'm finished them :(

I've finished all mine too, I really wish he'd do a new one sometime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

It's been a year since the last NTN as of today. I think it's safe to say it's dead.

I mean, with JP now working (I would assume) 5pm-11pm (or similar), you'd imagine opportunities to record a podcast with the two of them would be rather limited...

Be nice to hear what he's up to though. If Ray was on six months gardening leave (very, very unlikely, but still a possibility), that would up be on Friday...

• Advertisement

Is JP working full time on Off the ball or just during the Euros?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Synode wrote: »
    Is JP working full time on Off the ball or just during the Euros?

If it's full time I would imagine that's the end of Ray on radio for the few years at least. If i had to guess I'd say it's just for the Euros tho

MrMac84 wrote: »
    If it's full time I would imagine that's the end of Ray on radio for the few years at least. If i had to guess I'd say it's just for the Euros tho

I wouldn't say that tbh. The times I've heard Ray present on his own he's been decent. Who knows, with whatever course he was doing in college towards the end of 98FM, perhaps he'll move towards a show similar to Neil Delamare, Dave Fanning, Tom Dunne, etc, a more talk focused show with music interspersed?

He's never been a great interviewer (IMO), but he's always been pretty good at relaxed chats...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I wouldn't say that tbh. The times I've heard Ray present on his own he's been decent. Who knows, with whatever course he was doing in college towards the end of 98FM, perhaps he'll move towards a show similar to Neil Delamare, Dave Fanning, Tom Dunne, etc, a more talk focused show with music interspersed?

He's never been a great interviewer (IMO), but he's always been pretty good at relaxed chats...

Yeah, I'd like to hear ray take on a more mature role. Must be ten years since the hey day of afternoons on today fm? ( but I enjoyed it right until the end). He had a lot more to offer than just just being a mad yoke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

I believe JP has been referred to as their new producer on air, so I'm guessing it's more than just the Euros.
    Yeah, I'd like to hear ray take on a more mature role. Must be ten years since the hey day of afternoons on today fm? ( but I enjoyed it right until the end). He had a lot more to offer than just just being a mad yoke

They were still doing the Blast 10 years ago. Think they moved to lunchtimes in early 07? I know it was during the year I did my leaving cert anyway.

I'd love if Ray even did a podcast by himself tbh. Or him and Nordy Eoghan would be great. Maybe a film/TV review one or something like that.

This may just be a bit of a mad suggestion...I know in here we have always said 2FM or Today FM would be the most likely destination for Foley, and 2FM probably is most likely now...but Newstalk anyone? They are losing Yates and Hook and they are aiming to be "a little bit different" come the Autumn with a "banter-filled line up"...and though that quote makes me hate life, it will be interesting to see what they do.

I don't see Today FM losing Cooper to Newstalk this year anyways, think that would be too many changes for them to cope with. And while I don't see how Foley would fit in at Newstalk in its current form, the reference the boss there makes in the below article wishing they could rebrand from "Newstalk" would indicate the station is certainly evolving...into what, who knows!?

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/media-and-marketing/newstalk-prepares-for-banter-filled-autumn-schedule-revamp-1.2661906

Suffice to say, we need a podcast!

Foley is right on the bandwagon over at TV3 anyway!

https://twitter.com/rayfoleyshow/status/746033598701117441

Jesus, is it me or is he looking like he's lost a pile of weight?

The time off must be doing him good!

Yeah he looks great. Fair play to him

• Advertisement

From the other thread. Ray is doing a 12 week stint on Cork's Red FM

http://www.redfm.ie/news/cork/dj-ray-foley-makes-a-return-to-the-airwaves-with-corks-red-fm/

Advertisement