Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Glad to hear on the podcast that he was contractually obliged to stay off the air/podcast for six months. I had thought that he possibly was taking an extended break or focusing on TV, and it may have been the end of Foley on radio.

Have just listened to the podcast and they sound great. By the sound of things, they plan on doing it every Thursday

Best of luck to him on Red FM. I wonder what way he will go with the show. Always preferred Foley as part of a duo with JP, so will be interested to see how he works on his own. It seems that is how he will proceed (on his own) if he carries on working in radio after his upcoming start with Red FM

• Registered Users Posts: 5,388 ✭✭✭ofcork

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I'm thinking KC'll be in Cork, with Foley on via IPDTL or something...

But seriously, KC used to pop into Ray's podcast only bits back on Today FM days, and the two worked really well together.

I suppose they are 2 mayomen!!

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭IUA14

Just heard Foley's promo for the show on Red FM...was actually brilliant..."you might know me from...*plays Today FM show ident*...or maybe *plays Take Me Out music*...ah Cork I missed your face"

No idea how this will work cause Foley thrives on listener interaction but it should be noted he has no TV show tonight so may be live tomorrow...we shall see!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

IUA14 wrote: »
    Just heard Foley's promo for the show on Red FM...was actually brilliant..."you might know me from...*plays Today FM show ident*...or maybe *plays Take Me Out music*...ah Cork I missed your face"

No idea how this will work cause Foley thrives on listener interaction but it should be noted he has no TV show tonight so may be live tomorrow...we shall see!

The impression I got from NTN was that it was going to be live. He mentioned being down in Cork the day before and doing warmups and stuff... Now, maybe he was just down doing business stuff, but I'm hopeful that it'll be live.

Also, I love how he straight up just said "Yeah, KC gave me a dig out." :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

NTN was sooooo good! It's great that it's back.

Does Red FM generally podcast shows?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

NTN was amazingly good. The Accountant part was hilarious as was the Muireann impression that will never get old.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Contractual gardening leave re: radio.
    Loughc wrote: »
    3 mins in and Ray said the reason why they haven't done a podcast sooner as it was in his contract he couldn't do radio or podcast for 6 months after leaving 98.

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I still have 2 or 3 of the old ones to go but I'm going to skip them and listen to the new one. So good to know they're back. Hopefully they're more consistent this time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Wont be waking up at 7am to listen in :D

Will be grabbing some much needed ZZZZ's.

Interesting to hear Ann will be heading over to The Anton Savage Show from Monday. All change these days!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭garbeth

NTN podcast was brilliant. The accountant bit was very funny. Hopefully his red fm show is podcasted even if red fm don't do it normally as it was ray who started doing them and other djs followed. Other than that he can do five NTN podcasts a week and it would keep me happy while out walking the dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Can't ****ing wait to listen to both his first Red show and the NTN Podcast! Will be Monday before I get a chance though. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Can't ****ing wait to listen to both his first Red show and the NTN Podcast! Will be Monday before I get a chance though. :(

For anyone that wants to listen to his show but won't be up at that hour on a weekend, get the tunein app for your phone and schedule a recording. Just remember to turn the media volume down to 0% before going to bed on a Friday night unless you want a Ray Foley alarm clock!

Pretty sure it's VT'd unfortunately.

Either that, or I'm just not used to the compression of RED FM's mics having not listened to the station in ages.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Pretty sure it's VT'd unfortunately.

Either that, or I'm just not used to the compression of RED FM's mics having not listened to the station in ages.

Yeah he hasn't given out a text number either which I would have thought he would have if the show was live. KC answered very quickly and sounded very fresh on that call too.

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Yeah he hasn't given out a text number either which I would have thought he would have if the show was live. KC answered very quickly and sounded very fresh on that call too.

Yeah, no timechecks either.

Bit of a shame, but I understand why.it is prerecorded.

TBH, I probably won't be sacrificing my lie in on a Saturday to listen to the show after this morning because there'll be very little substance to it, but I'm glad he's back on air, and hopefully this leads to something more permanent.

Side note: It's really nice to be able to listen to Foley by just turning on my radio as opposed to having to go that extra step of turning on my laptop. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭smallfridge

He did tweet a pic this am in studio at red. Now granted that could've been taken during the week but I think the bits I heard sounded live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

He did tweet a pic this am in studio at red. Now granted that could've been taken during the week but I think the bits I heard sounded live.

It's wasn't live! It's pre recorded lads come on ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Noahboah2014

MrMac84 wrote: »
    It's wasn't live! It's pre recorded lads come on ffs!

Think it was pretty recorded for sure.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 190 ✭✭baldtooyoung

It could've been live.he gave out his twitter and he gave out the text number, and had 2 women on air talking on the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭Horse84

Is there a podcast of foley's first show on red? Doesn't seem to be on the app

Horse84 wrote: »
    Is there a podcast of foley's first show on red? Doesn't seem to be on the app

Doubt there will be, was a very music driven show with a couple of links but nothing too long.

It could've been live.he gave out his twitter and he gave out the text number, and had 2 women on air talking on the phone.

It's PRE RECORDED lads!!! You can tell by missing time checks etc!!

MrMac84 wrote: »
    It's PRE RECORDED lads!!! You can tell by missing time checks etc!!

Yeah its deffo pre recorded but made to sound live with him giving out text number and talking to people on the phone etc. He did say when he gave out the email address that he would get to look at any emails before next weeks show. Thought that was a bit of a giveaway.

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Yeah its deffo pre recorded but made to sound live with him giving out text number and talking to people on the phone etc. He did say when he gave out the email address that he would get to look at any emails before next weeks show. Thought that was a bit of a giveaway.

Yes no doubt they are attempting too make it seem live

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Sierra 117

Ray uploaded a 2 minute podcast this week to explain that there won't be a proper NTN podcast this week. They did record one but the file got lost.

Anyone tune in this morning? Wasn't in Cork so didn't feel like going to the effort of firing up the laptop when I woke around 8...

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭stannis

I'm coming to the end of 5 years in China and like a lot of other expats that used to contact his Today FM show, he and JP kept me sane and smiling while i tried to adapt to this strange and maddening land! When i get back to Cork i hope to hear his show though i'm not sure 7AM on a Saturday is the best time really... at least there's the old podcasts and NTN to keep me going. I wonder what his next move will be? There was talk of 2FM earlier in the thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Ha ha ha, there's an ad on today fm for a new lion in fota wildlife park. "The King has arrived in cork, all hail the king" actually thought it was an ad for foleys new slot on red!

• Advertisement

Ha ha ha, there's an ad on today fm for a new lion in fota wildlife park. "The King has arrived in cork, all hail the king" actually thought it was an ad for foleys new slot on red!

Ha, red FM do actually have a jingles referring to him as the king of the afternoons has arrived in cork.!

Advertisement