Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Meemzie

Great to hear him on NTN again, I miss the 15 minute links that could go in any direction from the Today FM days. Hopefully he'll be back regularly on the wireless!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The latest NTN podcast is up. It's so funny. Great to have it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭IUA14

Great podcast with just Ray and Al! Glad to hear they plan on getting settled and promoting it when they do.

Foley has nothing in the pipeline for full time return to the radio but said he'll have to get a job once he finishes up college in September, so seems Red FM really was the perfect solution for him until then!

IUA14 wrote: »
    Great podcast with just Ray and Al! Glad to hear they plan on getting settled and promoting it when they do.

Foley has nothing in the pipeline for full time return to the radio but said he'll have to get a job once he finishes up college in September, so seems Red FM really was the perfect solution for him until then!

What is he doing in college?,learning how to present radio?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Masters in journalism I think or something similar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 jackmcc

oh snap!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Corcaigh23

Hey bit of a long shot but does anyone know anywhere on the internet where I might be able to get or stream the podcasts from the todayfm days

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Howard100

HOW DID YOU ALL MISS THIS?

Foley presented the weekend breakfast show on Virgin Radio in the UK last weekend

Just playing music and doing short links

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Link?

Synode wrote: »
    Link?

http://virginradio.co.uk/radio/listen-again/1468645200

<snip>

Well spotted Howard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Mod: Sorry FrostyJim, had to edit your post there. Discussion of circumventing geo-blocking isn't allowed on Boards. /mod

Cheers for the heads up Howard. Did Foley himself promote it via Twitter or anything?

Edit: Really interesting that it seemed to actually be live. Wonder was he doing it from a studio in Ireland or the UK?

Regardless, it's good to see him branching out. He does sound a bit lost on his own tbh, but getting a few shows under his belt after such a long absence can only be a good thing. :)

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Mod: Sorry FrostyJim, had to edit your post there. Discussion of circumventing geo-blocking isn't allowed on Boards. /mod

Cheers for the heads up Howard. Did Foley himself promote it via Twitter or anything?

Don't think so, also just giving out the @virginradiouk twitter on air. Sounding good though and it would appear to be live. Regular time checks!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Ah now that's interesting to hear. On the NTN podcast he said he wasn't don't the seven o clock show on Friday and when al asked him why he said he was taking a weekend off.

Well that might explain it.

Ah now that's interesting to hear. On the NTN podcast he said he wasn't don't the seven o clock show on Friday and when al asked him why he said he was taking a weekend off.

Well that might explain it.

So he's on the Virgin Radio UK schedule every Sunday 6-10 now...interesting move! Having a listen to the Listen Back there now!

So he's on the Virgin Radio UK schedule every Sunday 6-10 now...interesting move! Having a listen to the Listen Back there now!

Doesn't look to be permanent. He was just filling in for 1 week. The schedule says Christian Williams is back this weekend.

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Doesn't look to be permanent. He was just filling in for 1 week. The schedule says Christian Williams is back this weekend.

Interesting that he has a connection there...foot in the door...wouldn't be a bad fit for a station of that ilk.

Makes sense he didn't promote it since he's meant to be on Red FM on Saturday morning....would ruin the illusion!

I see Edith bowman formally on the BBC radio 1 parish is the weekday breakfast DJ.

Makes sense he didn't promote it since he's meant to be on Red FM on Saturday morning....would ruin the illusion!

That'll tell you how fried my brain is right now that I didn't make that connection at all. :pac:

Hmmm Virgin bought TV3...now UTV Ireland...could they maybe enter the Irish radio market at some stage?

Also, Foley's TV work later in the year that he mentioned on the podcast...GoggleBox voiceover for TV3 perhaps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭eiresandra

The link here is Virgin PD Liam Thompson, former Group PD of Communicorp and essentially PD of Today in Ray's time.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 corcaigh_abu

Definitely not his strongest opening link. Don't think he works particularly well on his own. He needs someone to bounce off. Still nice to hear him back on the airwaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jackmcc

Ah he's great, that opening link was real, authentic and so Ray.

Definitely not his strongest opening link. Don't think he works particularly well on his own. He needs someone to bounce off. Still nice to hear him back on the airwaves.

I thought the same but then when you listen to Later on in the show or Sunday mornings opener he sounded much more slick I guess.

If he is going to go it alone, it's obviously going to take him a bit of time to adjust. I mean, he's been presenting with someone for like the past 13-14 years (Spin, Blast, afternoons and Breakfast), plus he hasn't presented since December, so I think we're just going to have to accept that any shows he does over the next few months are mostly just going to be him trying to find his feet again.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Obrieski

Listened to the NTN podcast last night as I went for a walk (exciting life I know!), but found it excellent. The lads humour is fantastic and something I really miss on Irish radio. Hopefully they sort out out a time for JP that suits better as he is very witty and it's clear after all these years that himself and Ray still bounce off each other so well and bring out the best of each other too!

the King is live on Virgin Radio now. I believe he's filling in at this time all this week.

Unfortunately, it's UK only. When you try and listen, they ask for a postcode to prove that you're in the UK, a system which is impossible to abuse.

virginradio.co.uk for anyone lucky enough to be across the pond. :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

And for even more Ray, NTN have just uploaded a second podcast this week they're recording on a Sunday night so JP can continue to take part.

Loughc wrote: »
    And for even more Ray, NTN have just uploaded a second podcast this week they're recording on a Sunday night so JP can continue to take part.

I can't keep up at all, still only half way through Fridays! Plenty of listening tonight so!

• Advertisement

I'm loving it. Each episode has made me properly laugh out loud. Most of the time I'm out and about when listening to it so I imagine some people might think I'm a bit nuts. Haha.

Advertisement