Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    JP is the brains of the operation lads.

Have often thought this myself

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭yosemite_sam

Today fm used to be good, but the addition of Foley is a new low in Irish radio. His show is utter muck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

I am ambivalent about RF in that I think he seems like a sound fellah and a nice guy, but I actually can't listen to his show. I just can't stand it. It actually gives me anxiety and makes me extremely unhappy when it is on to the point where I will actually leave a room if I can't change station.

Here's how to replicate the ray Foley radio experience at any time. You'll need a few radios lined up beside each other.

Tune the first two radios to different talk stations and leave them beside each other. Turn up the volume. Now take another radio and program it to jump between different music channels, playing a 5 second snippet of music from each station. Voila. Instant RF show.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Sorry for the bump. Did anyone catch the 'Beat the Intro' song?

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Pivot Eoin

Did my ears just deceive me or did he just say ****ing prick live on air, beeping out the ****ing but leaving the prick????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Did my ears just deceive me or did he just say ****ing prick live on air, beeping out the ****ing but leaving the prick????

He always does stuff like that, once it's censored, it should be ok.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Damnit the one time I wasn't listening and actually wanted to enter the competition :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Prick isn't considered to be an offensive/banned word on radio, and neither should it be.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Loving the mock college ads.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Loving the mock college ads.

I can get plenty of work, even with a pass degree!

• Advertisement

In stitches here listening to them.

In stitches here listening to them.

Same here, funniest thing I've heard from them in ages!

Same here, funniest thing I've heard from them in ages!

Did you not hear the perfume ads they did before Christmas?

Did you not hear the perfume ads they did before Christmas?

I don't remember that at all no. Must have been a busy period at work :pac:

I don't remember that at all no. Must have been a busy period at work :pac:

It was very very funny. I've tried to find a podcast of it but can't. Will keep searching though. If I find it I'll post it up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭jrochie

wow all the negativity!

I personally think foley is great craic and one of the best things on the radio. Its exactly what lunch time radio should be, a good laugh! Been listening to him since he was on at night, its just an absolute piss take 95% of the time and I personally think he's hilarious! I would love to go on a session with the whole lot of em!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

sexy freshers... freshers, that are sexy:cool:

lol

What's the hold up? I wanna hear the other two. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭sonic85

used to listen to him most days but the sheen has long worn off. cant stand him now to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

jrochie wrote: »
    wow all the negativity!

I personally think foley is great craic and one of the best things on the radio. Its exactly what lunch time radio should be, a good laugh! Been listening to him since he was on at night, its just an absolute piss take 95% of the time and I personally think he's hilarious! I would love to go on a session with the whole lot of em!

Easily pleased

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Easily pleased

Yeah...you really want to have to WORK to enjoy yourself after all...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

I'm a general fan of the show, but one thing that's been getting on my nerves recently is Ann Gleeson's continuous fake laugh at everything Foley says :rolleyes:

She's always doing it, and it's getting very annoying.

I'm at the stage where I'm cringing everytime she does it :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

The way it is, is if you don't like it, don't listen!! When I first started listening I wasn't too sure but once I got the sense of humour I'm regularly laughing out loud at my desk in work! The lazy radio thing did grate on me but they got rid which shows they do listen to feedback! Speaking of which, JP was out last week and Ray did Feedback, anyone else think it was very funny considering JP wasn't doing it? The Perfume and College ads were a definite highlight for sure.

When you listen to the radio in work (as I do) it's helpful to know what you're getting every day as if you were to really having to concentrate on it you'd get nothin' done! Love nearly all the segments, 'feedback, gauntlet, foley's friday face-off etc. DJ Jayo can be well hit and miss however! Love the show!! ...but which show? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

Col200sx wrote: »
    I'm a general fan of the show, but one thing that's been getting on my nerves recently is Ann Gleeson's continuous fake laugh at everything Foley says :rolleyes:

She's always doing it, and it's getting very annoying.

I'm at the stage where I'm cringing everytime she does it :o

I know where you're coming from but I think because she's not as naturally funny as the rest she makes up for it by laughing all the time. When Ann first joined I didn't like her but I'd put that down to her early nerves. Herself and Adelle are the straight (wo)men to Ray and JP's funny double act so I don't expect too much from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭bytheglass

He has made me laugh out loud at least once a day, I only really listen because he's on after the D'arcy show but jeez Foley can be sooooo damned repetitive!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Listening back to the student ads from tuesday now. Have heard Adelles and JP's :D:D:D. JPIT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 romeoandleia

funny alright
    pod cast is a bit much with no music for a break

funny alright
    pod cast is a bit much with no music for a break

You mean it's been updated?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Ye spent the last 15 minutes rambling on about mini discs...I dunno how he gets away with it.

Advertisement