Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭IUA14

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    the King is live on Virgin Radio now. I believe he's filling in at this time all this week.

Unfortunately, it's UK only. When you try and listen, they ask for a postcode to prove that you're in the UK, a system which is impossible to abuse.

virginradio.co.uk for anyone lucky enough to be across the pond. :)

If it's the same as RadioX's website just put in a UK postcode for Belfast and it should work. Listen back is available for all Virgin Radio shows in Ireland on the site tho.

A week covering 7-11 live on Virgin after a weekend covering mornings...easing him into people's lives across the pond? Great for him!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

IUA14 wrote: »
    If it's the same as RadioX's website just put in a UK postcode for Belfast and it should work. Listen back is available for all Virgin Radio shows in Ireland on the site tho.

A week covering 7-11 live on Virgin after a weekend covering mornings...easing him into people's lives across the pond? Great for him!

Did anyone listen last night? How did he get on?

Loughc wrote: »
    Did anyone listen last night? How did he get on?

Listened to the first hour on the way in in the car, was pretty good actually and quite funny in parts...you can tell he's trying to rein it in a bit but I think that's a mix of nerves and a new thing he's not quite sure what's okay and not okay. Quite like Virgin's playlist too actually, quite a mix of stuff on there!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I listened to the first hour or so while making and eating dinner. He sounded nervous at first but seemed to get going properly as the hour went on.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I listened to the first hour or so while making and eating dinner. He sounded nervous at first but seemed to get going properly as the hour went on.

Link brother nolan ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I got a link. He sounds like ray foley anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Wonder is he eyeing up a full time move over to the UK? God knows there's not many jobs going in Irish radio at the min.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Wonder is he eyeing up a full time move over to the UK? God knows there's not many jobs going in Irish radio at the min.

I dunno, you'd think given he has regular enough work on TV3, plus a wife who's got job in RTE and two young kids it'd be a big move for him to go to the UK.. He mentioned on NTN that he knows the PD at Virgin, so I'd say it's probably just a favour to get himself back in the swing of things.

It'd be an interesting move if it were to happen though.

I dunno, you'd think given he has regular enough work on TV3, plus a wife who's got job in RTE and two young kids it'd be a big move for him to go to the UK.. He mentioned on NTN that he knows the PD at Virgin, so I'd say it's probably just a favour to get himself back in the swing of things.

It'd be an interesting move if it were to happen though.

Part of me is wondering whether a Virgin Radio branded station might pop up here now the Virgin brand have a significant presence in the Irish market after taking over UPC, TV3 and UTV Ireland also...

I just listened back to Thursday evenings show...the difference to the first hour on Monday is huge, he has certainly settled into it as the week has gone on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Obrieski

Interesting in the latest NTN podcast how he opens up a bit more about his time on 98fm.

Mentions how they were very restrictive as we mentioned on these pages

Obrieski wrote: »
    Interesting in the latest NTN podcast how he opens up a bit more about his time on 98fm.

Mentions how they were very restrictive as we mentioned on these pages

Here's that article he was talking about:
    http://www.thesun.ie/irishsol/homepage/showbiz/7234638/Tellys-Ray-Foley-tells-how-he-dramatically-porked-up-to-seventeen-and-a-half-stone.html?CMP=spklr-_-Editorial-_-TWITTER-_-IrishSunOnline-_-20160911-_-News-_-579867048

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭jezzer

can someone update me, is ray now working on radio in london?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

jezzer wrote:
    can someone update me, is ray now working on radio in london?

He did do a stint on Virgin Radio butvi thought he was just filling in for a week.

FunLover18 wrote: »
    He did do a stint on Virgin Radio butvi thought he was just filling in for a week.

ah right cheers, when you look at the current line up in today fm, they really could do with him back, i think having him in the old tony fenton slot would work well or replace antoine mcsavage with foley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Did Ray just say on Anton Savage show that they were gearing up to come back to TodayFM but 2 weeks out it was cancelled?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Foley just said on Today FM everything was agreed to come to Today fm but he got a call 2 weeks before saying it wasn't happening and that he's signed upto a new station again!

Was interesting to hear Foley on TodayFM with Anton! Talking about everything...including how they had an agreement to come back to TodayFM after 98FM and two weeks before that was due to happen they got a call and said it's not happening! Interesting...the new boss at Today FM being the old 98FM boss may have been the deal breaker...

He said he has signed up with another radio station now tho...didn't sound like he meant RedFM but we shall see. Was great to hear him back on TodayFM tho...if you want to listen back it was from about 11:35 to 11:50

The TodayFM Twitter had an old pic of Foley up and a line promoting his appearance ahead of the Anton interview saying looks who's back in Marconi House...they deleted it after...doubt he was meant to say he was meant to go back there and they pulled it...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Foley just said on Today FM everything was agreed to come to Today fm but he got a call 2 weeks before saying it wasn't happening and that he's signed upto a new station again!

Wow, such a shame he was 2 weeks away from coming back. I really hope he announces something new shortly.

Wow, such a shame he was 2 weeks away from coming back. I really hope he announces something new shortly.

Hopefully. So JP is at Newstalk, Ann, and now Adelle back at Today FM, Foley the only one outside the Communicorp group...I don't think the bosses there would have been too happy with him bringing up what he talked about in the interview.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I haven't heard the interview yet, why did they have him on? Is he promoting something?

JP is at news talk? what is he doing there? the old gang has been broken up :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I haven't heard the interview yet, why did they have him on? Is he promoting something?

Think it was the 'dare to' thing TodayFM are doing. Foley mentioned he has some announcement on the 7 o clock show on Friday (though could have been Friday week).

I don't know if you will...they haven't put up Part 3 of Anton's show on Listen Back and have put up the first part of D&D.

He was on I think about the IFTA nomination for the Seven O'Clock Show and Dare To Care, they are doing a segment for that on TV3...he kinda ripped the piss a little saying it's essentially Shave or Dye and TodayFM was ripping off itself.

JP is on Off The Ball as their producer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Oh he's really burnt that Today fm bridge now! I'm not surprised that he mentioned it though as I can only imagine how frustrating that was for him. I wonder were they going to be taking what's now Fergal Darcy's slot. Looking forward to the next NTN to see if he talks more about what happened.

So let's start the speculation - what station do you think he has signed up with?? I'm thinking a 2FM weekend slot.

why do today fm hate him so much?

it was funny to see him sit face to face with ruth scott on the 7 o clock show last week after the slagging he used to give her!!!

jezzer wrote: »
    why do today fm hate him so much?

it was funny to see him sit face to face with ruth scott on the 7 o clock show last week after the slagging he used to give her!!!

They don't hate him, they invited him in as a guest sure! It was a really good interview actually, himself and Anton had a good humoured chat and Foley came across as honest...the plan to come back was something that was said in passing but he didn't sound annoyed or bitter it was more like a 'these things happen and now I'm moving on' kind of thing. I definitely think the new boss there coming from 98 led to the plan of them coming back being dropped.

I reckon 2FM to take over from Nicky Byrne...

i wonder would ray and jp still chat much? meet for a pint maybe

jezzer wrote: »
    i wonder would ray and jp still chat much? meet for a pint maybe

They regularly chat and often do the NTN podcast although JP has been slacking for the past month...
    IUA14 wrote: »

I reckon 2FM to take over from Nicky Byrne...

Is that a pure guess or do you think 2fm will turf out Byrne?

• Advertisement

Is that a pure guess or do you think 2fm will turf out Byrne?

imagine ray on 2fm after all the slagging he gave them! if the do get rid of byrne an announcement will be made by byrne that he wants to leave to further his music career then he will do some interviews with some womens magazines saying that a day job was holding back his artistic talent and he is now delighted that he gets to spend more time with georgina and the kids and work on his music and he is working on an upcoming solo album and he has a load of "projects" in the pipeline....you know the usual sh1te

Advertisement