Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

ofcork wrote: »
    How can he be live in cork when he's in Dublin on a Friday night for the 7 o clock show.
    I think he might be using a new invention I heard of lately called a car?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,388 ✭✭✭ofcork

Very witty would he travel to cork for a 3 hour show starting at 7am.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭DopeTech

ofcork wrote: »
    Very witty would he travel to cork for a 3 hour show starting at 7am.

He was traveling down on Thursday or Friday and recording the links from what I could gather from the ntn podcast. Though if he is in and out of news talk it may have changed since then. I'd imagine if it's actually live he's definitely doing the show from Dublin. I wonder would the people of cork mind the show being broadcast from the big smoke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

KC tweeted a while ago that the show is now live on Sat mornings

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭IUA14

Didn't realise Foley was live on Red FM on both Saturday and Sunday mornings now. He's on too early for me Saturdays but just listening to him there now doing "Decades" this morning...seems to be getting the hang of the solo thing anyways, much more polished than the first few shows I heard him do alone on Virgin anyway. Definitely broadcasting out of a Dublin studio so I think that solves the Newstalk mystery.

In other news, I saw Adelle was in studio with Muireann on Friday when she was covering for Fergal Darcy (for once that show was listenable)...wonder if she is back as Assistant PD or taking the PD spot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

He has gone into obscurity since leaving today fm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

IUA14 wrote: »
    Didn't realise Foley was live on Red FM on both Saturday and Sunday mornings now. He's on too early for me Saturdays but just listening to him there now doing "Decades" this morning...seems to be getting the hang of the solo thing anyways, much more polished than the first few shows I heard him do alone on Virgin anyway. Definitely broadcasting out of a Dublin studio so I think that solves the Newstalk mystery.

In other news, I saw Adelle was in studio with Muireann on Friday when she was covering for Fergal Darcy (for once that show was listenable)...wonder if she is back as Assistant PD or taking the PD spot.

If Adele is back in Today FM in that role hopefully she gets Ray back full time

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Listening to the podcast only bit from the old today fm show from 2011 and 2012. Jesus so funny. So very funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Flange/Flanders

Where'd you get that podcast?!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Where'd you get that podcast?!

There's old ones up on SoundCloud under Ray Foley's account.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Listening to the podcast only bit from the old today fm show from 2011 and 2012. Jesus so funny. So very funny.

Yeah really missing the lads at the moment, just passed the 4 year mark since they left Today FM...can't believe its been that long actually! Serious lack of personality on Irish radio at the moment...doubt the old team would ever get back together in full but wouldn't be surprised if Foley and Muireann ended up doing a radio show together...not like Today FM has been a runaway success without him...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Imagine a Ray and Muireann breakfast show, with Shauna doing showbiz (she fills in for Paula every now and then and tbh I prefer her to Paula), Ann popping in every now and then, annoying Adele at every opportunity, Nordy back on movies...

A man can dream... :o

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Imagine a Ray and Muireann breakfast show, with Shauna doing showbiz (she fills in for Paula every now and then and tbh I prefer her to Paula), Ann popping in every now and then, annoying Adele at every opportunity, Nordy back on movies...

A man can dream... :o

JP would be missed tho, he added so much to the show. I am really surprised Deeno hasn't moved on from 98FM yet to Today FM or Newstalk...and herself and Phil were great on the 98FM show...Ding Dong...

Loughc wrote: »
    There's old ones up on SoundCloud under Ray Foley's account.

That's the 98fm ones though. I'm talking about the today fm ones.

IUA14 wrote: »
    JP would be missed tho, he added so much to the show. I am really surprised Deeno hasn't moved on from 98FM yet to Today FM or Newstalk...and herself and Phil were great on the 98FM show...Ding Dong...

Yep I listened to a few of the 98fm ones last weekend and yep ray, JP, Deeno and phil worked so so well together. bouncing off each other and having the banter.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

That's the 98fm ones though. I'm talking about the today fm ones.

So are some of the old today FM ones. I got ones on there from 2011.

So are some of the old today FM ones. I got ones on there from 2011.

On right okay. so what do I search for as searching for ray foley just brings up the 98fm show.

On right okay. so what do I search for as searching for ray foley just brings up the 98fm show.

I just checked there. They're gone :(

SoundCloud must delete old file after a set time. Either that or Foley didn't splash out for a premium account haha.

I just checked there. They're gone :(

SoundCloud must delete old file after a set time. Either that or Foley didn't splash out for a premium account haha.

Oh right as I had wondered as I'd never seen any today fm ones on there.

I have some of the old Today FM ones on a hard drive. There the podcasts I kept at the time because they had some really good stuff in them. Have few Gauntlets and a few full podcasts.

Listened to one a few weeks ago where JP just said he was "checked out" at the start of the podcast only bit, and they spent like five minutes taking the piss and even rang the Shelbourne to see if JP was checked in.

TBH, it's the messing I miss most. They were always at their best when they were just faffing about. It's why I really wish they'd stick with NTN or move back to Today FM where they'd have that degree of freedom again.

If that's not what they're into anymore, then I'm a sad little panda.

• Advertisement

Any chance of putting them on Dropbox for us wnolan1992? I'm having serious withdrawl symptoms with the lack of new NTN podcasts. I'm already singing "Don't forget the Ham Mam" to myself far more than I should, who knows where I'll be if I don't get a fix soon :pac:

Oh right as I had wondered as I'd never seen any today fm ones on there.

I was listening back to some 98FM podcasts on Soundcloud yesterday and there are a few TodayFM show clips up there but not from Foley, some guy put them up on his own account. Here is one so you can locate the others: https://soundcloud.com/kenbay-e-bikes/today-fm-ray-foley-show-8th

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I have some of the old Today FM ones on a hard drive. There the podcasts I kept at the time because they had some really good stuff in them. Have few Gauntlets and a few full podcasts.

Listened to one a few weeks ago where JP just said he was "checked out" at the start of the podcast only bit, and they spent like five minutes taking the piss and even rang the Shelbourne to see if JP was checked in.

TBH, it's the messing I miss most. They were always at their best when they were just faffing about. It's why I really wish they'd stick with NTN or move back to Today FM where they'd have that degree of freedom again.

If that's not what they're into anymore, then I'm a sad little panda.

And yeah I agree, I miss them and their faffing about. Anytime I say that people respond with "Dermot and Dave"...and while I can and sometimes do listen to their show its a far cry from the just a bit of fun for my lunchtimes days...

With NTN...Ray/JP/Alan..they work great as a group but JP seems like he is busy a lot so didn't appear that much the last while they were doing it...maybe rotate in Deeno/Muireann/Ann/Shauna/Nordy Eoghan so it keeps it fresh and from Ray thinking its crap with just him and Al talking. Also maybe chuck in a few bits from the old show to keep things interesting and maybe have them look forward to doing a podcast regularly like the gauntlet...he doesn't have a radio show so why not use the podcast as a testing ground and keep his fans engaged for when he does eventually get a gig...

TBH I think NTN is dead. With Ray working Friday, Saturday and Sunday, JP working late enough Sunday to Thursday, and Alan working full-time and planning a wedding, I just don't think they're going to be able to work around that.

I should try unsubbing from the feed again. Last time I did there was an episode the next day. :pac:

I'll try and put some of those Today FM ones up over the weekend if I get a chance btw.

Anton gone. Ray Foley Show crew assemble :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

That might not be a bad idea

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I don't isn't this the same management that backed out of a deal with him earlier this year.

Would be gas to have linking into Dermot & Dave though

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I don't isn't this the same management that backed out of a deal with him earlier this year.

Yes I think it's the same guy that was boss while he was on 98FM and ruined his show by not allowing more freedom to Ray & JP. Giving a show to Fergal Darcy will go down as a massive blunder i.m.o. (for the first time ever I turn off TodayFM and lately I haven't been going back for Cooper). Add all that to not taking Foley back and now driving Anton out and you'd have to wonder what the hell he's at

Yeah as much as I'd love foley back on todayfm I think the current management direction seems to be of tight lease on presenters and each show being unique is a big no no. Christ today fm used to be such a good radio station but ray was right when he said the "station isn't the same place"

Anton's statement about him leaving sounded very similar to the same complaints Ray had at 98 towards the end. I don't think he'll be in a rush to go to todayfm any time soon.

• Advertisement

Anyone statement about him leaving sounded very similar to the same complaints Ray had at 98 towards the end. I don't think he'll be in a rush to go to todayfm any time soon.

I liked Anton and judging by the outrage on Twitter his audience are not happy! So 98FM struggle for 2/3 years under Keith McCormacks stewardship and he gets the job at Today FM...suddenly 98FM are on the rise...he comes in and cancels Friday Night 80's and 90's which pissed off a lot of people at the station it seemed...brings in Fergal Darcy and his disaster of a show...and boots Anton...he doesn't have a clue!

I'd echo the sentiments here, as much as I would like to see Foley back there and it would be the perfect slot for him with Ann and maybe Muireann...I'm not optimistic! In the Irish Times piece they say the station want to attract a slightly younger demographic, Antons average was 37. Seems a strange decision to me...

Advertisement