Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭dorito92

what are ray and JP doing now? gah good memories used to listen to them on their night show on today fm back in the day cant remember the name of it! wasn't able to tune into them when they switched to daytime radio :(

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭garbeth

The night time show was The Blast. Great show. JP is now a producer on Newstalk for Off the Ball, Ray is on the Seven O Clock show on a Friday and Ann is a producer on Today FM

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭dorito92

ahh ok so really theres no place to hear them now other than ray on tv. yes the blast such a good show, remember listening to it on the radio on my portable cassette player lol big changes since then

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭IUA14

How great would it be to hear these again from 9-12 in 2017?

http://www.music4.com/music/catalogue/537/today-fm/the-ray-foley-show-jingles.html#

If they are looking at going after a younger audience in that time slot it could be perfect for Foley and Muireann with Ann producing...nice follow on from Dempsey and nice lead in to D&D...only blight on the schedule then would be Fergal Darcy. If it were to happen I would be surprised given Today FM's current management! Bring back Willie I say!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭iseegirls

IUA14 wrote: »

http://www.music4.com/music/catalogue/537/today-fm/the-ray-foley-show-jingles.html#

Wow! Those jingles. Love them. Brings back great memories

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

dorito92 wrote: »
    ahh ok so really theres no place to hear them now other than ray on tv. yes the blast such a good show, remember listening to it on the radio on my portable cassette player lol big changes since then

Ray is on RED FM on Saturday and Sunday mornings too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Ray and Muireann doing that 9-12 slot would be fab. Seriously doubt it will happen though. The current today fm CEO clearly doesn't think much of Ray after the stint at 98. And Muireann will prob be covering for Lucy Kennedy on the 6 o clock show when she goes on maternity leave.

The lads all alive and well...figured I would kick off Brian Maher's prediction:

https://twitter.com/rayfoleyshow/status/806603421021327364

https://twitter.com/MrBrianMaher/status/806604090037927936

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Brian has us pegged. This one's for you Brian.

Everyone calm down but Ray and JP are back together!!! The show is coming back!!!!!

(Disclaimer: show is not coming back)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I actually miss their 98fm show. There's nothing decent on in the morning at all since it went. My kids loved it too. We've been listening to Spotify since (XMas FM the last few weeks).

As constrained as the show was, it was still goid craic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭DopeTech

post-27738-Jonah-Hill-screaming-gif-Imgur-d7V1.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 33 corcaigh_abu

iseegirls wrote: »

Wow! Those jingles. Love them. Brings back great memories

http://www.music4.com/music/catalogue/563/today-fm/ray-foley-show-jingles-today-fm.html
    http://www.music4.com/music/catalogue/694/98fm-dublin/the-ray-foley-show-98fm-november-2012.html

The 98FM theme was pretty good in fairness. Remember he used to just let it run for about a minute at the start of the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

Jesus listening to those jingles made me realise how much I loved listening to Foley.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Synode wrote: »
    I actually miss their 98fm show. There's nothing decent on in the morning at all since it went.

It's unreal, there actually isn't. Highly recommend Chris Moyles on Radio X (available through the app) in the mornings.. great craic.

Was looking at my YouTube uploads this evening. This still amuses me to a great degree.

I just love the "Shave or dyyyyyeeeeeee!" at the end.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Was looking at my YouTube uploads this evening. This still amuses me to a great degree.

I just love the "Shave or dyyyyyeeeeeee!" at the end.

Haha ah jaysus I wish they would get back to doing what they do best...ripping the piss and having a laugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

The main voiceover for today fm was a girl with a dublin accent a few years ago. It was out of the norm but very distinct. Foley used to take the piss out of it all the time on the show

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

Just heard the original Don't forget the ham mam song.

I felt sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Feeling a bit nostalgic tonight and as it's a friday what better way to remember the best show on irish radio at the time with some lazy radio.

JUICE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Deedsie wrote: »
    Where did you hear it? Would love to hear it again. Did some laughing in work that day.

Tin of roses, turkey ham
    Don't forget the ham mam
    (Repeat last line)..

We're they all the lyrics lads?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Tin of roses, turkey ham
    Don't forget the ham mam
    (Repeat last line)..

We're they all the lyrics lads?

It was 'tin of roses, turkey bags' wasn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

Here it is Ladies and Gentlemen,

https://soundcloud.com/rayfoleyshow/not-the-podcast-dont-forget

Happy Christmas y'all

I wonder if Foley has something lined up...neither he nor Red FM have been promoting his show on Saturdays on social media the past few weeks which may mean its drawing to a close soon...and I wonder if there is more to the NTN absence than laziness...

I wonder if Foley has something lined up...neither he nor Red FM have been promoting his show on Saturdays on social media the past few weeks which may mean its drawing to a close soon...and I wonder if there is more to the NTN absence than laziness...

I choose to believe it's a mix of laziness and scheduling conflicts.

Believing anything else gets my hopes up too much. :P

On a serous note though, I think people on the thread need to prepare for the fact that when/if he returns to a prominent slot, it's not going to be the same. The chance of him finding someone to pair up with who'd gel as well with him as JP did are next to nil. Al would be the only other person i could think of, but he's very unlikely to his position at RB you'd imagine.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I choose to believe it's a mix of laziness and scheduling conflicts.

Believing anything else gets my hopes up too much. :P

On a serous note though, I think people on the thread need to prepare for the fact that when/if he returns to a prominent slot, it's not going to be the same. The chance of him finding someone to pair up with who'd gel as well with him as JP did are next to nil. Al would be the only other person i could think of, but he's very unlikely to his position at RB you'd imagine.

Ah maybe...but it is the season of perpetual hope ha!

I don't think what was the old show at lunchtimes will be seen again, but I think most accept that...Foley working with Muireann (which I think is highly likely at some point) or Ann again would suffice for me...I think if its someone Foley is comfortable with it will make great radio regardless! I think he is a piss taker by nature so whatever show he does that will feature I'm sure if its with someone he's comfortable with.

JP...I know he's been at Newstalk as the Off The Ball producer only about 6 months now but it would be, and will be, interesting to see if they get back together somewhere down the line, its been a year for them...and unlike other duos they are best mates so they probably miss working together one would think...especially given JP only got into radio through Ray at Spin. And the break seemed unintentional given Ray said to Anton they had planned a return to Today FM after they finished at 98FM! JP is far too good on air to be hidden away behind the glass so maybe some day!

Ah maybe...but it is the season of perpetual hope ha!

I don't think what was the old show at lunchtimes will be seen again, but I think most accept that...Foley working with Muireann (which I think is highly likely at some point) or Ann again would suffice for me...I think if its someone Foley is comfortable with it will make great radio regardless! I think he is a piss taker by nature so whatever show he does that will feature I'm sure if its with someone he's comfortable with.

JP...I know he's been at Newstalk as the Off The Ball producer only about 6 months now but it would be, and will be, interesting to see if they get back together somewhere down the line, its been a year for them...and unlike other duos they are best mates so they probably miss working together one would think...especially given JP only got into radio through Ray at Spin. And the break seemed unintentional given Ray said to Anton they had planned a return to Today FM after they finished at 98FM! JP is far too good on air to be hidden away behind the glass so maybe some day!

Right so firstly I'd agree that the lightning in a bottle that we had with ray,JP, Adele/Ann, nordy eoghan 12-2:30 Monday to Friday ain't happening again. So good point well made IUA14.

Also ray and muireann(one of the best female presenters in the parish IMO) would work well and maybe even very well on the radio. Also if Ann being on board meant we got an occasional visit from una saturdays I'd be happy. The thing is where would you slot them in ?

The today fm top brass have said there will be big changes(hyperbole I think myself) but IMO they'll also just jigg the timeslots around while keeping the same presenters.

Is that the interview that's up there with the third secret of Fatima amongst foley fans ?

Anyway let's hope it's something national but given today Fm's actions recently I've no confidence they'd let ray do with made him a sucess in the first place.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Right so firstly I'd agree that the lightning in a bottle that we had with ray,JP, Adele/Ann, nordy eoghan 12-2:30 Monday to Friday ain't happening again. So good point well made IUA14.

Also ray and muireann(one of the best female presenters in the parish IMO) would work well and maybe even very well on the radio. Also if Ann being on board meant we got an occasional visit from una saturdays I'd be happy. The thing is where would you slot them in ?

The today fm top brass have said there will be big changes(hyperbole I think myself) but IMO they'll also just jigg the timeslots around while keeping the same presenters.

Is that the interview that's up there with the third secret of Fatima amongst foley fans ?

Anyway let's hope it's something national but given today Fm's actions recently I've no confidence they'd let ray do with made him a sucess in the first place.

Thanks. And I would 100% agree with you there on Muireann, far too good to be acting as cover between 98 and Today FM! Ah Una from The Saturdays...god I miss that! I would slot them straight in to 9-12 to be honest...I think it would be a much better flow to the schedule...Dempsey to Foley and Muireann to Dermot and Dave...not too shabby IMO. I also think the changes to Today FM will be limited to mid-mornings and maybe a time slot rejig.

I was lucky to catch that interview live actually, radio was on in the office and just caught it. I'd love it to be Today FM...I don't know if it will be or what the relationship is like with the new CEO...they decided long before they left 98 that they would be leaving and let them carry on with the show until Christmas so can't have been that bad! If Today FM are looking to skew ever so slightly younger in that slot and have it be more light entertainment and music than serious topics then I don't think they have a better option than Foley and Muireann...time will tell...

Thanks. And I would 100% agree with you there on Muireann, far too good to be acting as cover between 98 and Today FM! Ah Una from The Saturdays...god I miss that! I would slot them straight in to 9-12 to be honest...I think it would be a much better flow to the schedule...Dempsey to Foley and Muireann to Dermot and Dave...not too shabby IMO.I also think the changes to Today FM will be limited to mid-mornings and maybe a time slot rejig.

I was lucky to catch that interview live actually, radio was on in the office and just caught it. I'd love it to be Today FM...I don't know if it will be or what the relationship is like with the new CEO...they decided long before they left 98 that they would be leaving and let them carry on with the show until Christmas so can't have been that bad! If Today FM are looking to skew ever so slightly younger in that slot and have it be more light entertainment and music than serious topics then I don't think they have a better option than Foley and Muireann...time will tell...

Definitely she should have her own show and looking at the 98fm and todayfm and her own snapchat she seems to never be out of the malt house and Marconi house this year.

No not shabby at all to be fair. But it'll never be the Dempsey,Darcy(when he wasn't sucking the utter joy out of life),foley, the late great T-bone Fenton, Matt cooper. Solid a line up as you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

If he got Anton's slot, I could see him running a similar kinda ship to Anton and Darcy before him as a lone anchor who's rarely actually alone, so loads of regular contributors (like Muireann and Ann along with weekly slots like Anton had) and a slightly more serious chat show vibe in keeping with the slot, to make use of his current affairs training. Could be brilliant, or it may not work, who knows? But I'd definitely be optimistic and listen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

New NTN podcast up!!!

Advertisement