Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭IUA14

lambayire wrote: »
    New NTN podcast up!!!

A Christmas miracle...and nearly two hours long!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

lambayire wrote: »
    New NTN podcast up!!!

Yessssssss, this has made my day

He won't be back in Today FM anytime soon anyways...and explained the whole leaving Today FM thing and what happened in 98FM...and the Anton interview etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

It's a cracking listen alright and yep, safe to say that the Today FM ship has sailed.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jackmcc

IUA14 wrote: »
    I wonder if Foley has something lined up...neither he nor Red FM have been promoting his show on Saturdays on social media the past few weeks which may mean its drawing to a close soon...and I wonder if there is more to the NTN absence than laziness...

There's a new NTN podcast today! I hope he reveals all!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

He won't be back in Today FM anytime soon anyways...and explained the whole leaving Today FM thing and what happened in 98FM...and the Anton interview etc...

What exactly did he say/explain?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Just gotten to the part about the leaving today fm to 98fm and the whole situation with the anton interview. Some interesting insights I have to say. Maybe the anton leaving was in the works before it actually happened.

Well it seems that today fm are making ****e for themselves for no good reason.

Mrmac I'd listen back as its very interesting stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭The Parish priest

Why is Foley still showing off about "going on the piss" and being hung over as if he was an 19 yo student ? He is a 40 year old father of 2 ffs, it's no wonder that he is a failure

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

MrMac84 wrote: »
    What exactly did he say/explain?

TL;DL Version: Anton asked Ray how he felt after the 98 thing didn't work. Ray gave the standard "Ah, t'was sh*te it didn't work out, but hey, I've moved on." answer. Anton pressed the issue, so Ray essentially said:
    • Coming up to the end of his time in 98, he had numerous meetings with management in Today FM who told him they had a gig for him on weekends at first, and go from there then.
    • He had a meeting with a higher up in Today FM (he said level above management) and it was confirmed.
    • Two weeks before he was due to start, got a phone call to say it was off. Ray asked for a reason, was told they couldn't give a reason.

This apparently caused a bit of a sh*t-storm in Today FM after interview and Anton's team took a bit of flak.

As with anything though, we're only getting one side of the story, so y'know, don't necessarily take it as gospel.

• Advertisement

Why is Foley still showing off about "going on the piss" and being hung over as if he was an 19 yo student ? He is a 40 year old father of 2 ffs, it's no wonder that he is a failure

He's not forty.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    He's not forty.

Heh, that response is worthy of an Al response to Ray's self-deprecation. :pac:

Also I thought it was interesting that they talked about the vibe after Adelle went on maternity leave and Ann got sick. It seemed like the joy of doing the show went out of them and it's hardly surprising that happened and they got Alan on board and then Alan left.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Heh, that response is worthy of an Al response to Ray's self-deprecation. :pac:

Was it ? Oh good. I was just saying he wasn't actually 40.

So...this happened on Newstalk this evening...the first half hour of Off The Ball weirdly entertaining as always and "I Believe" got a play, on national radio and TV, with a subsequent discussion of JP's former life as the "beautiful assistant to Ray Foley...the talented one"!

https://twitter.com/offtheball/status/812013719223992320

Why did the lads make that? Don't remember it myself

Synode wrote: »
    Why did the lads make that? Don't remember it myself

Wasn't it a charity thing ? Didn't ray do one with a female singer that year or the year after ?

It's not a patch on Rays singing here

https://youtu.be/xlrCK5qLP3c

• Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I preferred JPs Christmas rendition of Swedish House Mafia - Don't you worry child.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jackmcc

They let JP speak on Off The Ball (20th I think) and give out to him about hanging up on Stephen Ward to quickly.

It was the first time I heard on their show and his levels were all over the place* but it was great to hear him, and to hear him be picked on again.

(Attempted radio speak)

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭DopeTech

the one and only una saturdays :D

"What ya laughin' at ?" :D:D

Hard to believe it was this time last year the show on 98 ended! Ah the Una Healy impressions were excellent!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRuFQnBAyYg

What a Gauntlet...Multi-Baby Max https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faCfiewtCuI
    and Justin Bieber https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4imRQFC32tw

Holy ****, that's mental. Great news.

Dempsey followed by D&D followed by Foley would be excellent! I'd put up with "Ferg" if that was the line up that preceded him!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Dempsey followed by D&D followed by Foley would be excellent! I'd put up with "Ferg" if that was the line up that preceded him!

That would be amazing but I sadly can't see Foley ever returning to TodayFM.

Loughc wrote: »
    That would be amazing but I sadly can't see Foley ever returning to TodayFM.

I would agree under current management at least but hey can always live in hope for a couple of weeks...only to be brought back down to earth when someone like "Ferg" gets it!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I would agree under current management at least but hey can always live in hope for a couple of weeks...only to be brought back down to earth when someone like "Ferg" gets it!

A lot of rumour of Muireann could get it, I'd be happy enough if Muireann gets her own show.

Advertisement