Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭IUA14

Loughc wrote: »
    A lot of rumour of Muireann could get it, I'd be happy enough if Muireann gets her own show.

I would too but I think lunchtime, if they want to keep the same feel to it, works better with a team sort of show...Foley&Co/KC&Co/D&D...don't know if Muireann on her own would suit but would be delighted for her!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

IUA14 wrote: »
    I would too but I think lunchtime, if they want to keep the same feel to it, works better with a team sort of show...Foley&Co/KC&Co/D&D...don't know if Muireann on her own would suit but would be delighted for her!

I thought that Muireann would have been good for antons show. Having an interactive team she can bounce off would suit her. I imagine she would be able to do well with more serious stuff too

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭MentalMario

Got around to listening to the NTN podcast. Well worth checking out.

You'd miss Foley on the radio.

I'd love if he did a weekly 30 minute podcast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Got around to listening to the NTN podcast. Well worth checking out.

You'd miss Foley on the radio.

I'd love if he did a weekly 30 minute podcast.

Caught a bit of him on Red fm at the weekend... miss having him on lunchtimes still even all these years later

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭jezzer

any chance of foley jp and muireann getting the lunch time gig? you would imagine with all the difficulty in getting good on air talent that tofayfm mgnt would just give in to popular demand and get foley back, too much messing about over the past few years, time to set it right...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

jezzer wrote: »
    any chance of foley jp and muireann getting the lunch time gig? you would imagine with all the difficulty in getting good on air talent that tofayfm mgnt would just give in to popular demand and get foley back, too much messing about over the past few years, time to set it right...

JP has a new job so at best you'd get Foley and Muireann which is highly unlikely as management don't rate Foley, there is no high demand for Foley and Muireann seems to be just filing the spot until the permanent presenters come along.

Which is a shame as I'd love to have Foley back.

JP has a new job so at best you'd get Foley and Muireann which is highly unlikely as management don't rate Foley, there is no high demand for Foley and Muireann seems to be just filing the spot until the permanent presenters come along.

why do mgnt not rate foley? is this the same mgnt that hired "ferg"?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

why do mgnt not rate foley? is this the same mgnt that hired "ferg"?

I don't know why they don't rate him but the current head guy there nixed the idea of Foley coming back, and Foley went and mentioned that story live on air on Anton Savage's show which really pissed them off.

I don't know if they don't rate him...he didn't work in Dublin but you would like to think someone in such a position would operate with a business mind and do what's best for business (clearly not the case given the NTN podcast)...which would be that lineup.

I wonder how JP is finding Off The Ball, seems to be way more intense of a role than he has had previously.

I do think that lineup is unfortunately a pipe dream...if they were looking for an appointment that would get the publicity and those ever important 'hits' I think it would be Foley...guaranteed to be in all national papers and kick off plenty of arguments online...and they could create a bit of fanfare about it! Wishful thinking...

seems to be big issues with that management team, antoine mcsavage had an issue with them plus they hired hector o hucklebuck as the head guy is mates with him....dubious stuff

• Advertisement

New NTN up now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Wanted to listen to some of the old Today FM shows (Alison Curtis is dire) and went to his Soundcloud page (below) thinking they're there but can't find any? Did he save them under a different account?

https://soundcloud.com/rayfoleyshow

Synode wrote: »
    Wanted to listen to some of the old Today FM shows (Alison Curtis is dire) and went to his Soundcloud page (below) thinking they're there but can't find any? Did he save them under a different account?

https://soundcloud.com/rayfoleyshow

He only started the SoundCloud at 98FM, you won't get the old Today FM shows anywhere except for bits and pieces and the full last show on YouTube as far as I am aware

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

He only started the SoundCloud at 98FM, you won't get the old Today FM shows anywhere except for bits and pieces and the full last show on YouTube as far as I am aware

Ah crap. Off to Spotify so

i wonder do ray and jp still hang out together? such a shame to see the partnership gone

i wonder do ray and jp still hang out together? such a shame to see the partnership gone

You should listen to NTN Podcast, Ray often mentions JP on it. They seemed to have last met up for drinks just before Christmas, and they are constantly Whatsapping each other it seems.

They're like any two friends who no longer work together, try to keep in touch with each other as much as you can without life and work schedules getting in the way.

You should listen to NTN Podcast, Ray often mentions JP on it. They seemed to have last met up for drinks just before Christmas, and they are constantly Whatsapping each other it seems.

They're like any two friends who no longer work together, try to keep in touch with each other as much as you can without life and work schedules getting in the way.

thats good it much be tough for JP so its good Ray hasnt cast him adrift

thats good it much be tough for JP so its good Ray hasnt cast him adrift

Whys it's tough for JP he's got a good job where Ray only has bits and pieces of work.

Whys it's tough for JP he's got a good job where Ray only has bits and pieces of work.

but Ray was his mentor and now ray is married with kids and JP hasnt found that special someone yet, their lives had already moved in different directions, now professionally also....

but Ray was his mentor and now ray is married with kids and JP hasnt found that special someone yet, their lives had already moved in different directions, now professionally also....

Ah jaysus, he's a grown man. They are best mates and worked together, I don't think Ray was his mentor. And I'm sure JP is fine living his own life back working in Marconi House.

• Advertisement

Ah jaysus, he's a grown man. They are best mates and worked together, I don't think Ray was his mentor. And I'm sure JP is fine living his own life back working in Marconi House.

must be tough without his pal of many years all the same, can you imagine ant working in UTV without Dec, its the same here, i wonder does JP pause for thought throughout they day thinking about all the laughs they used to have, watching other broadcasters live on air thinking, that used to be me and Ray whilst he does the off air work that never gets the plaudits he was used to...

I don't think JP ever got any plaudits even for his on air work. Foley got most if not all of the credit. I'm sure he's ok. And I imagine working as a producer isn't as tasking as being an on air talent.

New NTN up now!

Did you listen to the emails part? Someone sent Ray an extract from this thread. Oh dear haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Did you listen to the emails part? Someone sent Ray an extract from this thread. Oh dear haha.

Saying what exactly?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Saying what exactly?

Some clever person called Sean copied all the negative comments of Ray from Dec 20th and asked for his opinion of them.

Ray did not take it well and he rised to the bait to most of the comments. Which is a shame as most of the people on this thread are legitimate fans of his and NTN.

I don't think JP ever got any plaudits even for his on air work. Foley got most if not all of the credit. I'm sure he's ok. And I imagine working as a producer isn't as tasking as being an on air talent.

hes a great little guy, i always enjoyed his additions to the show

I think it was from the Today FM Major Changes thread not this one. Mostly very positive on here but bloody Sean...sent Foley only VERY negative comments about him asking what he thought of then and it kind of sucked the life out of the podcast towards the end...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,226 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Ray has been married for years though. How do we know he hasn't ? Jesus a few months ago posters here we're all for putting JPs picture on milk cartons because he handnt been heard from in months.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Ray has been married for years though. How do we know he hasn't ? Jesus a few months ago posters here we're all for putting JPs picture on milk cartons because he handnt been heard from in months.

well its important not to forget about him, he was part of the duo, its not all about Ray

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

I don't think it was nice that those comments were sent to Ray. That person must have had a bit of a trolly agenda because any actual fan of Ray/his work would know that it wouldn't go down well.

Advertisement