Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭annetted

love the show!! its always a bit of fun - he doesn't himself too seriously at all. so many radio shows are boring..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Separated at birth?

144125.JPG

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Have to say I hate the show! Can't stand it, when I hear it comming on I have to switch off the radio and change channels straight away. The show irritates me ot a deep level. It is not funny and seems to be aimed at cretins. Sorry but thats just me:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

Beeker wrote: »
    Have to say I hate the show! Can't stand it, when I hear it comming on I have to switch off the radio and change channels straight away. The show irritates me ot a deep level. It is not funny and seems to be aimed at cretins. Sorry but thats just me:(

What would you consider a funny radio show then?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Beeker wrote: »

How would you know, apparently you're not listening ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

salonfire wrote: »
    It's a long shot i know, but possibly a funny radio show...:rolleyes:

I quite like Ray but the show is just not funny....at least not on an intelligent level.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

zuroph wrote: »
    How would you know, apparently you're not listening ;)
    :)Yeah but I have heard it before and sometimes you cannot avoid it if it is on in a shop etc.

Quite like Ian Dempsy but other than that it not funny radio I am after. Everyone to his or her own:)

JP is really closing a few doors in his radio career with his onslaught against 2FM!

Today's weekly dig against Will Leahy was 'Where there's a Will, there's another reason to emigrate!" :D

Good man JP :D

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Sierra 117

Brilliant moment yesterday with JP talking up Meteor because they sponsored the station. Only for Ray to remind him that 3 are the ones who sponsor Today FM these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

JP is really closing a few doors in his radio career with his onslaught against 2FM!

Today's weekly dig against Will Leahy was 'Where there's a Will, there's another reason to emigrate!" :D

Good man JP :D

There was one a while back where it was Will" its only 120 minutes till Dave fanning" Leahy. haha

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    There was one a while back where it was Will" its only 120 minutes till Dave fanning" Leahy. haha

He had one as well 'Where there is a Will, there is an overly sensitive producer calling Today FM to complain'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Jinxi

It would be interesting to know the ages of the people who hate the Foley show or think its not funny!
    They may be just too old to GET it(of course there are always going to be DJ that just irk you no matter what age you are)
    personally, I think its way past Dempsey time to be sent out to pasture. he is holding on to the GG team to stay afloat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

The Ray Foley Funbus, The Ray Foley Funbus!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

How many presenters have you known to go from TodayFM to RTÉ though in fairness?..

I wouldn't say that's in JP's plans... particularly seeing as - if he ever does want to move - TodayFM's Communicorp overlords also own a plethora of other stations in Ireland .. Spin, 98, Phantom, Newstalk, etc. etc. etc.

The king is here.

Sport ain't foleys strong point at all at all. Fecking dubs mocking the people outside the M50

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Sport ain't foleys strong point at all at all. Fecking dubs mocking the people outside the M50

Hang on, are you calling Foley a Dub?

He's from Castlebar in Mayo. JP is from Dundalk, Co. Louth.

Bard wrote: »
    Hang on, are you calling Foley a Dub?

He's from Castlebar in Mayo. JP is from Dundalk, Co. Louth.
    I know that and Ann is from nenagh, Co.Tipperary. Twas that fade street shower that were on with him there and they were taking the piss of of foleys accent. Had to rush my post as I was "working."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

foley down 16000 listeners in lastest jnlr figures...a 10% drop...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I blame the recession. Most businesses are down at 10%

• Registered Users Posts: 28 twomill

maybe all his listeners are leaving the country to find work and hopefully he'll follow them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

How many's he on now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Fago! wrote: »
    How many's he on now?

If 16000 = 10%...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

his listeneship was 160,000 but down to 144,000.

am I right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

SarahBM wrote: »
    his listeneship was 160,000 but down to 144,000.

am I right?

Yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Pastel_Princess

I can't listen to the show anymore, I got really tired of the format and he never seems to shut up talking about himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭freevoice

Compared to what's out there in Irish radio land ,he's good.Though I hate the break for news at 12.45.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I like the show and all but the show has gotten a bit stale. They seriously need to mix it up. Same format every day.

I rarely listen past half one or so these days.

I don't mind the chat they have at the start of the show but "Ah, yeah ok" really gets on my nerves now whenever they have it on. It's extremely lazy radio (god forbid they should bring that back).

I understand why he's down those listeners. The formula for me just doesn't seem to work anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭grrrrrrrrrr

Its ok the very first time you listen it. After that its so repetitive! The exact same thing everyday since it began. And he's such an arrogant *****!

No wonder his listenership plummeted!

Advertisement