Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭adr_sullivan

I put the link below into beyond pod and it worked for me

http://www.redfm.ie/on-air/podcasts/945142.xml

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭smallfridge

I got most of it this morning in and out of the car and as 1st shows go it was good fun. With obvious nerves and still getting to know the run of the place there were mistakes but nothing the average person wouldn't do in any other job on day one. Very easy listening. I wish them luck I think it'll be great for red.

On the flip side I think KC is excellent at breakfast radio and he'll crack 96 too. One thing is for certain there will be some great radio in the coming months

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭IUA14

They mentioned on Twitter they will have it on iTunes soon too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Thanks for posting that - have it all set up in Podcast Addict now! Looking forward to listening.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jackmcc

I remember many moons ago when the "king of the afternoons" hyped up KC when KC got a slot on daytime Today FM. It was like they already knew each other and they were genuinely excited that KC was finally getting a shot at a national radio station.
    They seemed to be mates when passing from one show to the other too, unless they were really good at faking it.
    And now, in a few weeks they be duking it out for audience numbers in Cork. 
    It's great to have him on on the radio though. And hopefully with all his spare time in the evenings he'll give Al and Ann a call and podcast it #BringBackNightTimeNetwork

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

jackmcc wrote: »
    I remember many moons ago when the "king of the afternoons" hyped up KC when KC got a slot on daytime Today FM. It was like they already knew each other and they were genuinely excited that KC was finally getting a shot at a national radio station.
    They seemed to be mates when passing from one show to the other too, unless they were really good at faking it.
    And now, in a few weeks they be duking it out for audience numbers in Cork. 
    It's great to have him on on the radio though. And hopefully with all his spare time in the evenings he'll give Al and Ann a call and podcast it #BringBackNightTimeNetwork

They still are great mates. This "slagging" is only mates banter! I'm sure there will be rivalry between them but not a hatred. Sure KC originally got Foley into Red and vice versa I'm sure Foley played a part getting KC to Marconi house a few years back

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭adr_sullivan

IUA14 wrote: »
    They mentioned on Twitter they will have it on iTunes soon too.

In iTunes if you go to File -> Subscribe to Podcast, then paste the link above it will set it up in iTunes as well

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Ron Scott

Any date for KC's new show ?

Ron Scott wrote: »
    Any date for KC's new show ?

There's a thread set up for it.

Anyways, heard Foley call Jay JP this morning, was bound to happen. Think he could use that training on the Red FM desk he's getting today, bit clunky this morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Listening to the first show and delighted - Welcome back to the airwaves Ray. Will be throwing it on every day from 12pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Howard100

Cork is where Radio seems to have the only bit of excitement going on. Dublin is dull. You can hear the love is gone from the medium in the Dublin market.

Best of luck to Ray. My prediction is Foley is doing this short term. He won't be able to stay away from his family and live in a flat on his own in a place where he knows nobody.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Haven't chuckled to myself on the walk to work like I did this morning in a long time.

They're doing a really great job and it's only getting better and more natural by the day.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Yea it's great to hear Ray back on daily radio. Love the podcasts short and snappy.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I've listened to the first few podcasts and it's lovely to hear the jingles and beds we all know and love. Jay and ray seem to get on very well which always helps.

It can't be a Long term gig for ray as it's going to be hard on his family life.

But first week it seems to be going well.

I've listened to the first few podcasts and it's lovely to hear the jingles and beds we all know and love. Jay and ray seem to get on very well which always helps.

It can't be a Long term gig for ray as it's going to be hard on his family life.

2 questions lads...

question A. Name a good app for downloading podcasts and listening to at anytime later on

Question B. Link to where I download the podcasts? I normally only get around 35/40 mins of the show would like to hear it all

MrMac84 wrote: »
    2 questions lads...

question A. Name a good app for downloading podcasts and listening to at anytime later on

Question B. Link to where I download the podcasts? I normally only get around 35/40 mins of the show would like to hear it all

I use downcast which is a great app.

The podcast is only 40 minutes long anyway.

Itssoeasy wrote: »

The one for 2.99?

Edit im using iOS aswell

The one for 2.99?

Edit im using iOS aswell
    It's gone up in price since I bought it then. Red and white colour app ?

The fact I'm on iOS aswell is the reason I'm using downcast.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

2 questions lads...

I use overcast podcast player. It's free on iOS just click add URL and paste this link;

Download and enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Thanks for posting that - have it all set up in Podcast Addict now! Looking forward to listening.

Same, thank f*ck. Red FM app kept stopping playback for me.

Testament1 wrote: »
    Same, thank f*ck. Red FM app kept stopping playback for me.

Since yesterday the Red Fm stream is broken on tunein radio so I've been listening on the Red Fm App in the mornings and it stops every 5 minutes and completely pisses me off.

Going to try the Irish radio player app in the morning.

Since yesterday the Red Fm stream is broken on tunein radio so I've been listening on the Red Fm App in the mornings and it stops every 5 minutes and completely pisses me off.

I use the Irish Radio Player app to listen to the show in Dublin on the drive to work and it works perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭garbeth

Have listened to the podcast twice this week. Great that ray is back on the radio. Their off the cuff remarks are great, J's incessant laughter can get a bit annoying but I'll put it down to nervousness and hopefully it'll lesson with time also like that jay doesn't have one of those annoying cork accents and I say that as someone born and bred in cork

I love how Ray is using the old jingles he always used.

I have noticed how Jay is doing an awful amount of laughing. I imagine that'll settle down in the next few weeks. I love how Ray keeps slagging him that it's Jay's show now.

Jay is very much in the JP role. And does anyone else find it strange how Jay shows up late every morning and it's not Ray being late?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

If you are on android, try this. I was having the same problems with radio and podcast apps on mobile data and this sorted it.

_feedback_ wrote: »
    If you are on android, try this. I was having the same problems with radio and podcast apps on mobile data and this sorted it.

Cheers but I'm Just listening on the Irish Radioplayer App now like was suggested above and its flawless.

For anyone hoping Jays constant laughing to stop, it won't and that's from someone who listened to KC and Jay for the last three years, you'll get used to it though and you'll actually miss it when Ray broadcasts on his own, it will be like watching Frasier without the canned laughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

Ah I love the bed that, for some reason reminds me of the old tv cartoon Animals of Farthing Wood ...its at 3 mins on Thursdays show.. and you'll know the one I'm on about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 jackmcc

Ah I love the bed that, for some reason reminds me of the old tv cartoon Animals of Farthing Wood ...its at 3 mins on Thursdays show.. and you'll know the one I'm on about
    That and the one from Gay Byrne's old radio show #MemberBerries

Advertisement