Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

I love this thread howso many people have such a hatred towards him!!, well he is a lot better than some of the dry arses out there on radio stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Its ok the very first time you listen it. After that its so repetitive! The exact same thing everyday since it began. And he's such an arrogant *****!

No wonder his listenership plummeted!

2 day ban for offensive language towards radio presenter

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Auror

What kind of nonsense is this show, just over heard a small bit of it and due to his own figures falling he goes on about coopers figures, and a new type of show Matt in the Jacks!

Now that is just plain stupid! Who finds this stuff funny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Auror wrote: »
    What kind of nonsense is this show, just over heard a small bit of it and due to his own figures falling he goes on about coopers figures, and a new type of show Matt in the Jacks!

I do.

Joe Duffy is that way
    >

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Auror wrote: »

He was having a dig a Cooper because of bad sound quality on an outside broadcast. It sounded like he was in the jacks - he added a few sound effects in for good measure. Thought it was funny myself!

• Advertisement

None of these comments on here wouldnt put me off listening to the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

STIG83 wrote: »
    None of these comments on here wouldnt put me off listening to the show.

That's a double negative... So some of the comments WOULD put you off?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Auror

Clanket wrote: »
    I do.

Joe Duffy is that way
    >

No need for the directions, I was already there. Muh hahaha
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhaahahhah

Bard wrote: »
    That's a double negative... So some of the comments WOULD put you off?

None of the comments put me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Macca3000

Thought Fridays show was the best in a long time. Mainly because everything went tits up after he spilled coffee all over the system.

Good laughs but all unplanned. Not sure if thats a good or bad thing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

The Chris Brown bit was pretty good , good overall show I must say . The podcast has improved recently aswell IMO .

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well Adelle is leaving to go to the breakfast show, and lazy radio will be back as she has left.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Adelle never said the Rescue the show bit, and he may have been kidding about the lazy radio.

big loss to the show though, she keeps it moving.. will see how it goes over next few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Yeah, I reckon Foley was just as fed up of Lazy Radio. Although they may do a jokey "now that Adelle is gone...Sunday funday HAPPY DAYS... AAAAWWWWWW YEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!" one off bit.

EDIT - HOLY CRAP I JUST LISTENED TO THE PODCAST!! :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

EDIT - HOLY CRAP I JUST LISTENED TO THE PODCAST!! :O

:confused::confused::confused:

What's so shocking?

Clanket wrote: »
    :confused::confused::confused:

What's so shocking?
    Although they may do a jokey "now that Adelle is gone...Sunday funday HAPPY DAYS... AAAAWWWWWW YEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!" one off bit.

Because that basically happened.

I did get very excited to hear Lazy Radio again though. First time I've listened to the show or a podcast in aaaages and it's Lazy Radio :D

"Dashing and daring, courageous and caring...."

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Sierra 117

zuroph wrote: »
    Adelle never said the Rescue the show bit, and he may have been kidding about the lazy radio.

big loss to the show though, she keeps it moving.. will see how it goes over next few months.

It's only a temp move. She said she'll be back on the Foley show in three months.

I don't think the show will suffer too much without her. She was off for most of last year on maternity leave and the show stayed strong.

Sierra 117 wrote: »
    It's only a temp move. She said she'll be back on the Foley show in three months.

And only today did I find out the reason why she is getting up at stupid o clock for the next three months, is because Lia Murphy who works on the breakfast show has had a kidney transplant according to darcy this morning.

Anyone else listen to the podcast for today's show ? Im talking about the part before the actual content of the show. Foley ripped someone a new one who sent in a email taking a pop at him.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Anyone else listen to the podcast for today's show ? Im talking about the part before the actual content of the show. Foley ripped someone a new one who sent in a email taking a pop at him.

Oh he does that all the time. I remember a couple of years ago he did a podcast where this guy (Diarmuid I think his name was) e-mailed him giving out about how boring the previous day's podcast was.

They went on for ages giving out about (and to) him. I think the guy in question e-mailed back a couple of days later saying something along the lines of "woah woah! I was only messin' like"

• Advertisement

Sile Seoige was just on with the lads over her tweet at the kylie concert. And she got €100 from ray and JP for the Crumlin childrens hospital. Webcam showed it all.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

What did she do on the webcam?

What did she do on the webcam?

It showed the lads giving the money to her, and ray turned a camera around and pointed it at her "face" and she was oblivious to what was going on. Hope someone got a screen cap of that moment.

Whatever it was, it was so good that Foley actually tweeted about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

theres a video of the cam thing on his blog, worth a look if you like sile

patrickc wrote: »
    theres a video of the cam thing on his blog, worth a look if you like sile

Who doesn't like sile in all fairness ?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

http://bit.ly/gtVBMt

http://www.broadsheet.ie/2011/03/25/sile-takes-a-bow/

Now if this was Andy Gray or Richie Keyes what would happen.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

lordgoat wrote: »

I think its been blown outta proportion , Foley is friends with Seoighe , regular listeners will know this . I wouldn`t be surprised if little or no action was taken against him . Its completely different to the Sky Sports fiasco .

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

lordgoat wrote: »

If Prenderville can whack off on a plane and retain his job then surely Foley won't be punished. Much ado about nothing imo.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Ah man I'm in ****ters laughing atm!

Advertisement