Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭aroundthehouse

MrMac84 wrote: »
    He’s only managing it the last few years... Cork to Dublin can be done comfortably in 2&1/2 hours now

For a 6 am start? presumably he needs to be there for at least 5:30am at the latest so your telling me he leaves for work at 3 in the morning every day?

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Sparkles27

Is Ray Foley now on breakfast on Red FM? how does he manage the commute from Dublin? then back on a friday evening for the 6 o clock show, sure he'll never stick that

He's renting a place in Cork during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭IUA14

For a 6 am start? presumably he needs to be there for at least 5:30am at the latest so your telling me he leaves for work at 3 in the morning every day?

He lives in Cork Monday to Friday.

Sparkles27 wrote: »
    He's renting a place in Cork during the week.

Really? and him with a young family, not sure how thats going to work long term unless its a stepping stone back to the big smoke?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Howard100

IUA14 wrote: »
    He lives in Cork Monday to Friday.

I heard that Foley is doing the show from his Dublin home most of the week over ISDN. He comes down mid week for a day or two and is gone again.

He'll be back on national soon, Red is a filler.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Fair play to red for giving him a chance and thinking outside the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭gamecube

Howard100 wrote: »
    I heard that Foley is doing the show from his Dublin home most of the week over ISDN. He comes down mid week for a day or two and is gone again.

Where can he go?

He burned his bridges to Today fm & 2fm seems unlikely but is the only national station that he has left.

I'd like to see him take Nicky's slot and keep Jenny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Really? and him with a young family, not sure how thats going to work long term unless its a stepping stone back to the big smoke?

Well he has been doing it long term as things stand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Most of the week? So he’s at home in Dublin 3/4 days of the week! Highly doubt its that much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

gamecube wrote: »
    Where can he go?

He burned his bridges to Today fm & 2fm seems unlikely but is the only national station that he has left.

What bridge has he burned in 2fm exactly ? He's never worked there and TodayFM well given what's happened/is happening to that radio station. Rays account of how his issues with management happened after 98fm, it's a more believable now. It sounded very personal and given what Ray had done at a TodayFM on the lunchtime show, it was petty.

I actually don't know when I last listened to the podcast or live of the breakfast show. It's not an issue with ray or jay in the slightest. It's me souring on Irish radio as a whole and also I've no time for redfm as a station. The imaging used to be woeful and too much. Also some of the radio presenters aren't good imo and my time where I'd listen to an Irish station just because are gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭gamecube

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    What bridge has he burned in 2fm exactly ? He's never worked there and TodayFM well given what's happened/is happening to that radio station. Rays account of how his issues with management happened after 98fm, it's a more believable now. It sounded very personal and given what Ray had done at a TodayFM on the lunchtime show, it was petty.

He never burned any bridges at 2fm cause as you said he never worked there

I remember after he left 98fm Dan Healy said he would not be bringing him to 2fm, but never say never I suppose!

interesting.....that makes more sense.... I agree, RED is only a filler to get him back on the bigtime

He would be a good addition to 2fm but he slagged the absolute sh1te out of that station for years so not sure they would want him

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭IUA14

He has done the odd time, but no he’s not doing it ‘most of the week’. Generally it’s when he’s needed for TV3 it seems. It’s done well but you can still tell with the mic quality/caller interaction. From what I can tell from listening he’s been in Cork 5 days a week the past few months.

As for filling time, Foley has said countless times on air the last year he didn’t want to do radio anymore when RedFM came up and offered him the chance...he took it and has said he’s loving in and loves working there so I don’t know if he’s in a rush to leave...long-term I’d say back to nationals maybe but for now seems happy enough.

IUA14 wrote: »
    He has done the odd time, but no he’s not doing it ‘most of the week’. Generally it’s when he’s needed for TV3 it seems. It’s done well but you can still tell with the mic quality/caller interaction. From what I can tell from listening he’s been in Cork 5 days a week the past few months.

As for filling time, Foley has said countless times on air the last year he didn’t want to do radio anymore when RedFM came up and offered him the chance...he took it and has said he’s loving in and loves working there so I don’t know if he’s in a rush to leave...long-term I’d say back to nationals maybe but for now seems happy enough.

its really hard to see how he can keep that up for long, young family in dublin and he up in the middle of the night in cork for breakfast radio

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

He’s down in the studio every day. Mostly because Jay is always late. That and he’s always putting up live Instagrams, FB live and tweets from the studio.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

its really hard to see how he can keep that up for long, young family in dublin and he up in the middle of the night in cork for breakfast radio

He lives in Cork Monday to Friday so there’s no up in the middle of the night. Except for a Sunday’s if he heads back late.

Are the lads on holidays this week? No podcasts.

i'd say foley has a year long plan to get back to a dublin station, he will never stick living in cork

• Advertisement

i'd say foley has a year long plan to get back to a dublin station, he will never stick living in cork

Year long? He’s been doing it for about a year and a half already now.

He really seems to be enjoying it. Dublin audiences don’t get him, todayfm won’t touch him again, so his only hope is 2fm who seem to want to go in a different direction.

Loughc wrote: »
    Year long? He’s been doing it for about a year and a half already now.

He really seems to be enjoying it. Dublin audiences don’t get him, todayfm won’t touch him again, so his only hope is 2fm who seem to want to go in a different direction.

i thought he was only on Saturdays until recently? when he moved to breakfast on 98fm he said it allowed him more time with his young family and now hes not even living with them!
    i do agree though, dublin audiences dont get him at all

i thought he was only on Saturdays until recently? when he moved to breakfast on 98fm he said it allowed him more time with his young family and now hes not even living with them!
    i do agree though, dublin audiences dont get him at all

He’s been doing the breakfast show in cork for over a year and a 4 months now. He’s been doing Saturdays before that.

any account of JP these days?

any account of JP these days?

Producer on off the ball still I think?

Doesn't look like Ann will be back in radio.

https://mymind.org/team/ann-gleeson/

Sir Dosser wrote: »

the old dream team is no more

Sir Dosser wrote: »

Fair play to her.

Foley is on the 6 o clock show all week so presumably he is doing the breakfast show via ISDN?

Foley is on the 6 o clock show all week so presumably he is doing the breakfast show via ISDN?

Presumably yes but the sound quality and lack of gaps in interaction with Jay and guests would make you believe he is in studio.

• Advertisement

Are the lads off again this week? No podcasts so far.

Would make sense to be off the week before the schools start going back, get some time in with the kids before they go back to school.

Advertisement