Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

He just said on air "you idiots on boards.ie have no idea about radio". In response to somebody criticising Phil Cawley I think. Not sure where the post he is talking about is.

Anyway, thanks Foley for branding us radio fans as idiots!

That's not what he said. He was pretending to be Phil Cawley when he said that.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Ponster wrote: »

'pretending'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Ponster wrote: »

He did say that. I only have radio on in background here so didn't get the full gist of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

totally taken out of context, jp said caps lock was left on on the studio keyboard, ray said it was probably phil cauley on shouting on boards sayin "YOU IDIOTS DON'T KNOW GOOD RADIO!" It was taking the piss out of phil, not boards. Well done on d attempt to twist it though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

zuroph wrote: »
    totally taken out of context, jp said caps lock was left on on the studio keyboard, ray said it was probably phil cauley on shouting on boards sayin "YOU IDIOTS DON'T KNOW GOOD RADIO!" It was taking the piss out of phil, not boards. Well done on d attempt to twist it though

As I said above, the radio is on in the background, so I heard it out of context rather than attempted to twist it.

• Advertisement

Well now you know, the edit option is always there for your original post :)

nice edit :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 alennon1

What local radio DJ is he talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

The Eurovision mock songs are hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Sierra 117

Good man Foley. What a sweet gesture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Sierra 117 wrote: »
    Good man Foley. What a sweet gesture.

What did foley do now ?

Its Laura's last day of work before she gets married so Ray read out a poem. The last line of the poem reveals that it was actually pre-recorded and while it was playing, Ray snuck down to her studio and surprised her with flowers and champagne.

d'awwwwwwwwwwwwww

I was watching on the webcams at the time so when I saw that Foley wasn't reading the poem out live I figured something was up. A really nice moment with a brilliant setup.

Just listened to it there, he ain't that bad after all. Shame about his attempt at jedwards song lyrics. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,388 ✭✭✭ofcork

That was hilarious he says kiss my c*** and quickly said cocktail.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Fair play to Foley today, that was really nice what he did for Laura.

Shame that the show will probably have two complaints upheld against because o over-sensitive people, but I suppose that's just the world today.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

no foley today :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

Is it just me or are the amount of ad breaks on the show gone to the dogs?? I only listen on my lunch-hour from 1-2, but listening last week i'd say there was up to 7 ad breaks in a half an hour:eek:Gettin sick of the show TBH!!

MIRMIR82 wrote: »
    Is it just me or are the amount of ad breaks on the show gone to the dogs?? I only listen on my lunch-hour from 1-2, but listening last week i'd say there was up to 7 ad breaks in a half an hour:eek:Gettin sick of the show TBH!!

It is definitely going up...but I don't think that's anything to do with Foley, ou can tell at times that he's getting pissed off with them as well.

I reckon it's got to do with the fact he's one of the most listened to DJ's in the country, everyone wants to advertise with him, and TodayFM would be studpid to waste the opportunity of getting a lot of ad revenue while Foley is hot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I just caught 5 mins of this, I'd sooner have caught flu. Some asshole cook on the line with a giggling laugh suitable to a baby faced killer. Loads of "banter" and "craic".

I need some crack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Holy shít. 65,000 posts.

That has to be a record

An idle observation or an attempt to distract from the matter at hand? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Matter at hand - Foley is fluff. If he annoys you, either change channel or as you say, go get some crack :pac:

mike65 wrote: »
    I just caught 5 mins of this, I'd sooner have caught flu. Some asshole cook on the line with a giggling laugh suitable to a baby faced killer. Loads of "banter" and "craic".

I need some crack.

Most of the posts of people who don't like Foley, seem to listen very regularly to the show to have something to bitch about. If you know you don't like him, don't turn to TodayFM between 12:00pm-2:30pm Weekdays. Simple really.

And judging an entire show by a five minute snippet you caught is a little harsh.

True and God knows media "gives the people what they want". That I heard that few minutes was just one of those things, it won't happen again.

mike65 wrote: »
    True and God knows media "gives the people what they want". That I heard that few minutes was just one of those things, it won't happen again.

Yeah, like, I'll admit, quality has dropped dramatically in the past year/year and a half. But I remember the days of The Blast, and the early afternoon show slot, so I stay loyal because I know he can still produce a cracking segment, "The Gauntlet" is a prime example of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,388 ✭✭✭ofcork

Foley off on holidays was listening on friday and never heard him say he would be off although kc is not a bad replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

I have to say, I'm really enjoying KC in the afternoons - I like listening to the Ray D'arcy Show and turn off the radio as soon as the self promoting Foley comes on - haven't had to this week.

And how did he win some "sexy tv presenter" award? In my eyes he really does have a face for radio.

• Advertisement

Is it just ray gone or have the others been given time off aswell ?

Advertisement