Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,388 ✭✭✭ofcork

KC said today they were off together id say they are doing something for the show down the line,i miss the guy when hes off no laughs on the radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 jaydeep

ofcork wrote: »
    KC said today they were off together id say they are doing something for the show down the line,i miss the guy when hes off no laughs on the radio.

Foley has a team of 4 people in studio with him every day of the week, yet KC is on his own. I was watching on web cam, Ann and Adel are popping in and out but not doing anything live with him ???

In fairness to KC, he's holding the show really well, and doing just as good on his own. Has anybody noticed how good the music is , lots of rock !

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I like KC.

He plays the forbidden music it would seem. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

jaydeep wrote: »
    Foley has a team of 4 people in studio with him every day of the week, yet KC is on his own. I was watching on web cam, Ann and Adel are popping in and out but not doing anything live with him ???

In fairness to KC, he's holding the show really well, and doing just as good on his own. Has anybody noticed how good the music is , lots of rock !
    well kc does his own show at night at nighttime on his tod. Sometimes the webcam is on during his own show.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

KC is doing a great job imho. Will definitely be one of the big presenters on the stations when people like D'Arcy and Fenton move on (even though that won't be for a good long while I'd say).

Though I wonder why Foley never said he was going off? I think I heard KC say at the start of Monday's show that he was off for two weeks, yet at the end of last Fridays show, Ray said "We're back on Monday" as normal....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭ste88m

Conspiracy theory.... Things are changing in Today FM?

Maybe I'm just reading too much into this Ian Dempsey breakfast show survey thing though. Actually, I probably am, just you'd usually expect Foley to mention he'd be off for two weeks...

ste88m wrote: »
    Conspiracy theory.... Things are changing in Today FM?

Maybe I'm just reading too much into this Ian Dempsey breakfast show survey thing though. Actually, I probably am, just you'd usually expect Foley to mention he'd be off for two weeks...

What survey was that? Any online results?

Yeah, usually he'll say when he's taking time off, but I can't see Today FM dropping him from that slot, he's too successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 jaydeep

He's back Monday week, was mentioned loads that they are off on holidays.

The thing is he never said as he usually does that he would be off,he hardly got suspended did he,i seem to remember him saying a few weeks ago they would be in trouble for broadcasting something or other on the show.Kc played some great music today,stilskin inside what a tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Getonwithit

We can only hope....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

The thing is he never said as he usually does that he would be off,he hardly got suspended did he,i seem to remember him saying a few weeks ago they would be in trouble for broadcasting something or other on the show.Kc played some great music today,stilskin inside what a tune.

I doubt they would. I think the incident your referring to was JP`s sexy freshers ( hilarious) piece on the gauntlet. The ad featured some pretty risque backround noise eg. moans of a sexual nature :D .

Very much doubt he was suspended for it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

nah, that was an accidental curse, JP said the other day that he tried to swing the holidays around his birthday which was tuesday or wednesday. Might have just been a late confirmation of if they could take the time off or not.

So are ray and the lads back today or where they back yesterday ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I presume today. Bank holiday Mondays are usually all music and pre recorded.

I presume today. Bank holiday Mondays are usually all music and pre recorded.

That's true but most of the presenters weren't off for two weeks before yesterday. Let's hope we get a podcast and hopefully some podcast only stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Fran1985

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    That's true but most of the presenters weren't off for two weeks before yesterday.

Did you never work your holidays around a bank holiday? 11 days for the price of 10! You're still entitled to a bank holiday even if you were on maternity leave for 6 months before it! Anyway here's hopin he's back. I like his show

Fran1985 wrote: »
    Did you never work your holidays around a bank holiday? 11 days for the price of 10! You're still entitled to a bank holiday even if you were on maternity leave for 6 months before it! Anyway here's hopin he's back. I like his show
    Of course it has happened but 156,000 people don't tune into to listen to me on the radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Fran1985

Of course it has happened but 156,000 people don't tune into to listen to me on the radio.

so, what's the figures got to do with someone taking a 2 week holiday which just happens to fall before a bank holiday?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Fran1985 wrote: »
    so, what's the figures got to do with someone taking a 2 week holiday which just happens to fall before a bank holiday?

ha ha ha. Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!

Maybe not, but Foley's entitled to the same workers rights as everyone else.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Is he back yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Yes, since tuesday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Sweet. Must start listening again. Haven't listened in a few months.

If anyone's interested, here's The Wanted's performance from the show on Monday the 27th of June.

Foley off again the show is just not the same without him.

Foley off again the show is just not the same without him.

Seriously??!! (missed the show today)
    I'd love to see the contracts of Today FM presenters, they must have some serious holiday time! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Think Foley was just gone for today. Some of the other presenters gone on their summer holidays.

Great 'work' if you can get it.

Clanket wrote: »
    Think Foley was just gone for today. Some of the other presenters gone on their summer holidays.

Great 'work' if you can get it.

To be fair, most of them do work fairly hard. A lot of prep goes into the shows behind the scenes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    To be fair, most of them do work fairly hard. A lot of prep goes into the shows behind the scenes.

Ah I know. Was only kidding. Although it does seem like Foley leaves most of the prep work to JP and the girls.

• Advertisement

Clanket wrote: »
    Ah I know. Was only kidding. Although it does seem like Foley leaves most of the prep work to JP and the girls.

Haha, yeah, it does com across like that alright. :)

Random thought: Would love if some Friday night JP were to do his show entirely as DJ J-Oh. :P

Advertisement