Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Random thought: Would love if some Friday night JP were to do his show entirely as DJ J-Oh. :P

As funny as it is, I don't know if he'd have enough material to go for a whole show with it.

A lot of prep work DOES go into Radio Shows but I think why Foley is as good as he is, is because even if he doesn't have it done from time to time he has the ability to knock out a good show.

When Foley does miss a show I'd prefer JP and to girls to fill in rather then Phil Cawley or whoever. He should be back today anyway, think he mentioned something on Twitter about a London Airport last night so he was probably on the way home.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

batm!ke wrote: »
    As funny as it is, I don't know if he'd have enough material to go for a whole show with it.

A lot of prep work DOES go into Radio Shows but I think why Foley is as good as he is, is because even if he doesn't have it done from time to time he has the ability to knock out a good show.

When Foley does miss a show I'd prefer JP and to girls to fill in rather then Phil Cawley or whoever. He should be back today anyway, think he mentioned something on Twitter about a London Airport last night so he was probably on the way home.

Yeah you're right on all counts here.
    I reckon whenever Foley's off for a week or two at a time, that JP and the girls should do the show with KC (similar to the way the regular D'Arcy team works with Anton when Ray's off). I spose why they don't is because they usually take holidays at the the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Listened to the podcast of fridays show and JP showing the love for Will "big willy style" Leahy during feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,388 ✭✭✭ofcork

I think will leahy is similar to foley in some ways he has the crack as well,i used to love his banter with eamon horan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Im now suffering from hoodie envy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭jonniebgood1

Just looking through the last couple of pages on this thread and I don't understand why people like this show. Its good to see some positive feedback but alas Im tryin to burst that bubble! I've listened to it on occasions although probably not for the past year. Yes- in the past year I have got the position of station controller!!!

Can someone tell me has the show improved recently cause I always found it irritating. It always reminded me of being stuck with a group of idiots who spent their whole time talking about how much they could drink and how 'mad' they all were. I must be missing something! Or do people like to hear about how 'mad' they think they are???

Just looking through the last couple of pages on this thread and I don't understand why people like this show. Its good to see some positive feedback but alas Im tryin to burst that bubble! I've listened to it on occasions although probably not for the past year. Yes- in the past year I have got the position of station controller!!!

Can someone tell me has the show improved recently cause I always found it irritating. It always reminded me of being stuck with a group of idiots who spent their whole time talking about how much they could drink and how 'mad' they all were. I must be missing something! Or do people like to hear about how 'mad' they think they are???

I assume what you mean by that is when Ray tells stories from what he's done over the weekend etc,
    You've got to it at face value, it's meant to be light hearted, and most of what he talks about is funny. Granted there are days when he's irritating, condescending anda general arsehole, but the good far out-weighs the bad imho, and when you compare the show to others on at that time of day, it is by far and away the best.

And it's hard to say whether it's improved... in ways, it has, such as new features like the Gauntlet, the "Entertainment" slot with Adele, and the strong long running features like J-Oh and Feedback.
    In other ways it's gotten worse, such as the sheer volume of ad breaks and other general irritations.

But I don't really think it's possible to convert people to liking the show if they already don't like it, whereas most of us that "Love the show Ray!" will not be convinced otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Well he hasn't changed much so if you found him irritating before I'd hazard a guess and say you'll still find him irritating.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

He mentioned Boards today.

• Advertisement

I love it when he mentions boards :D

He said something along the lines that he might go on boards and have a rant about himself :D

deisemum wrote: »
    He said something along the lines that he might go on boards and have a rant about himself :D

I knew as soon as he said that there'd be a few posts about it straight away. Haha. :pac:

im just surprised the "He was slagging boards the prick!" merchants arent out in force! :pac:

Waves to Ray, love the show :D

he says he doesnt look on here anymore, he did turn up lurking on our poker forum for a bit though, after one of the guys on there cheated at a table quiz in the woolshed against him :p

zuroph wrote: »
    im just surprised the "He was slagging boards the prick!" merchants arent out in force! :pac:

Give 'em time ... their nought if not predictable. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Lazy radio makes me a sad panda.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I love Lazy Radio :o

What freaky ass version of animaniacs did they play on lazy radio?

THIS is now, and forever shall be the definitive version!

• Advertisement

The gauntlet was good today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 268 ✭✭overthenest

that ray foley lad is an awful eejit, it makes me puke when people go oh hey foley....love the show, he is so bad that he has to have three other gob****es in studio with him....having said that some of his stuff is funny by times, if only he wasnt so fond of himself, he maight be bearable, in fairness to i radios fergal darcy the self depreciation thing works even if his show is unmerciful ****e

Ray, go home, ur drunk.

I love the song parodies. :P
    Ray Foley and the Ray Foley Singers. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Ray, go home, ur drunk.

Was he drunk? What day?

Fago! wrote: »
    Was he drunk? What day?

It was a joke about the post above mine...

To all the people who liked the live lunch. It's back this day week.It's bellx1

he announced it and I was gutted. thats a whole hour of bell x1 with "superfans" blowing smoke up their holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Dub Ste

he announced it and I was gutted. thats a whole hour of bell x1 with "superfans" blowing smoke up their holes.

Ah well,at least it be a "once in a lifetime" experience for their fans.......

Hang on,wrong band or is it ???:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Dub Ste wrote: »
    Ah well,at least it be a "once in a lifetime" experience for their fans.......

Hang on,wrong band or is it ???:D:D

I can see what road you are going down there...

The road to nowhere

Advertisement