Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,388 ✭✭✭ofcork

Had to laugh yesterday at the story of the parking space in ikea.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

ofcork wrote: »
    Had to laugh yesterday at the story of the parking space in ikea.

The image of foley sitting in his car with the doors locked and then moving was hilarious. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19 jaydeep

It amazes me...

The people that seem to hate Foley are the ones that listen to him most ? You get a buzz from running on here hiding behind your fake names to giving him ****, because that makes you feel better about yourself?

If you hate him ...f*ck off and find a show you like.

Too many cowardly bully arseholes on this site.

I for one like the fact that he has the balls to be different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

jaydeep wrote: »
    It amazes me...

The people that seem to hate Foley are the ones that listen to him most ? You get a buzz from running on here hiding behind your fake names to giving him ****, because that makes you feel better about yourself?

If you hate him ...f*ck off and find a show you like.

Too many cowardly bully arseholes on this site.

I for one like the fact that he has the balls to be different.

ok ray calm down you should stop hiding behind this

• Registered Users Posts: 19 jaydeep

jjll wrote: »
    ok ray calm down you should stop hiding behind this

Im not Foley u egit :)

• Advertisement

Today's show was great imo.

Surprised they managed to get through the question of JP's most embarrassing moment without mentioning the time he called a child a bastard. :pac:

What annoys me is that literally two minutes after that, he had already received a complaint. I wonder sometimes about these ****ing parents who think if their child hears the word "bastard" they'll immediately become drug taking alcoholic prostitutes or something... *mini-rant over*

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Today's show was great imo.

Surprised they managed to get through the question of JP's most embarrassing moment without mentioning the time he called a child a bastard. :pac:

Any idea where I could find that?
    What annoys me is that literally two minutes after that, he had already received a complaint. I wonder sometimes about these ****ing parents who think if their child hears the word "bastard" they'll immediately become drug taking alcoholic prostitutes or something... *mini-rant over*

Seriously? Was is an official complaint or just a pissy text?

Any idea where I could find that?

Seriously? Was is an official complaint or just a pissy text?

If you download the podcast, it's 44minutes in. + you get the backstory at the start. If you don't use Itunes, go to www.todayfm.com and go through the links to find the podcast.

Twas just a pissy text, handled very well by Foley.
    "To the ONE person that complained about that: You're the parent, not me."

Also, another good quote from today, (as I'm at it. :P )
    "No matter what you do in radio, there will always be someone who doesn't like it."

EDIT: Just read your post again, and if you were asking if I knew where to get a clip of JP calling the child a bastard, then sorry, I've no idea. It was the days of The Blast, so it's probably not even in the TodayFM archives anymore.

EDIT: Just read your post again, and if you were asking if I knew where to get a clip of JP calling the child a bastard, then sorry, I've no idea. It was the days of The Blast, so it's probably not even in the TodayFM archives anymore.

Yep, that's what I was asking. Thanks anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Bell X 1 sound like hard work. They have a better atmosphere with themselves in studio, there's more than thirty at least there and it is tough going!

• Advertisement

The Live Lunch was very....awkward...sounding today. Sounded as though Bell X1 were nervous or shy or something... good music performance though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,388 ✭✭✭ofcork

Some people ask questions and the band respond with a few words and foley had to fill the blanks as such.

ofcork wrote: »
    Some people ask questions and the band respond with a few words and foley had to fill the blanks as such.

Yeah, he seemed to have to work very hard to get much out of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,613 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Is he the guy that does the whole "... love the show" carry-on?

Been doing that for far too long now. Wasn't that funny to start with.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Is he the guy that does the whole "... love the show" carry-on?

Been doing that for far too long now. Wasn't that funny to start with.

If I remember right, Ray said that exact thing about a year or two back, but listeners kept saying it. Plus, it's not meant to be funny.

i love the way they say they are the most listened to station and successful as well when all djs had to take a 20per cent wage cut even foley said it on radio they had to take cut

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

i love the way they say they are the most listened to station and successful as well when all djs had to take a 20per cent wage cut even foley said it on radio they had to take cut

everyone across communicorp took a pay cut AFAIK. and its still proportional to other stations, revenue is down in practically EVERY business everywhere. less businesses to advertise means less money

Just because they are the most listened to station (I don't know if they are or not, I haven't seen the latest JNLR figures) doesn't mean that ad revenues haven't fallen.

Ireland's been in recession for the past few years in case you hadn't realised.

Less advertising revenue = Less money = Pay cuts.

Pretty sure most RTE emplloyees had pay cuts as well, making your point mute.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Ireland's been in recession for the past few years in case you hadn't realised.

Less advertising revenue = Less money = Pay cuts.

Pretty sure most RTE emplloyees had pay cuts as well, making your point mute.

RTÉ could do with another cut in wages, perhaps invest the savings in content, competent employees...

2FM's stock must be at an all time low...

• Advertisement

foley must find it hard not to talk about this thread saying he is posting on it behind a certain name....... ;););););) hey foley

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

foley must find it hard not to talk about this thread saying he is posting on it behind a certain name....... ;););););) hey foley

This is amazing stuff. A complete new concept to boards.

Somebody praised him, so it must be Foley. How has nobody thought of this stuff before?? :eek:

This is amazing stuff. A complete new concept to boards.

Somebody praised him, so it must be Foley. How has nobody thought of this stuff before?? :eek:

off course foley begging for votes to win meteor for 3 years has your head up his ass (sorry your head up his ass as you same person as foley)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I've actually heard the opposite is sometimes true.

Not naming names, but one guy in the public eye once set up a troll account to start **** about himself in his own megathread. Therefore people ended up checking out what the fuss was about and a cross section of THEM ended up enjoying it.

When you get to a certain level, I think most people understand that there's no point in arguing with people on boards. They win by default because THEY'RE the people being bitched about, so they've done something worthwhile to even be provoking that reaction. If people need to 'take you down a peg', they've obviously put you on a pedestal to begin with.

How original. He must have a lot of accounts set up on boards, seeing as I counted at least four posters challenging you point (including myself in that number) + all the people who praise him when he actually does something good.
    Deedsie wrote: »
    RTÉ could do with another cut in wages, perhaps invest the savings in content, competent employees...

2FM's stock must be at an all time low...

Yeah, if I'd a choice, I know which station I'd like to be funded by the licence fee....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Anybody know what Foley's listening figures are?

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭vince

151000 i think

Yeah, if I'd a choice, I know which station I'd like to be funded by the licence fee....

To be fair to them, 2fm is entirely commercially funded. The only commercial RTE station afaik. They don't receive any of the license fee.

To be fair to them, 2fm is entirely commercially funded. The only commercial RTE station afaik. They don't receive any of the license fee.

Oh you're right actually. I had forgotten that's how it's funded.

Any confirmations on Foley's latest listnership figures? Weren't his last figures 166k? (at least that's the last lot of figures he announced on air) if it is as one poster says , down to 151k that would be very surprising. Or did i get the 166k thing wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Aren't his listnership figures 156,000 ?

Advertisement