Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

jjll wrote: »
    he is in the public eye he doesnt like to critisised he thinks he is the best thing on radio and tv which he aint shave or dye was a radio station thing not his and the charity record remind me how much did that make was it ever annouced

A few points:
    • Do you like to be criticised? If someone was writing ****e about you online and you had a forum in which to address it would you not use it?
    • Just because he's in the public eye doesn't mean he has to accept unwarranted criticism.
    • I won't argue his arrogance on the radio can be irritating at times, but a lot of it is a deliberate act. The whole "King of the Afternoons" thing is mostly a character he plays up to.
    • He doesn't think he's the best thing on TV. Do you actually listen to the show at all? He criticises his TV hosting more than anyone. He mocked himself doing the Head Chef presenting when it took him about 40 takes to get a simple thing right.
    • When did he take credit for Shave or Dye? If I recall correctly, he played up the so called rivalry between him and Matt Cooper to try and raise more money. If he took credit for the idea in any way could you tell me around what day it was so I can listen to the podcast?
    • And seeing as all the profits from the charity record went to CHARITY, I don't think it really matters whether it made 20,000euro or 20euro, it's still more than a lot of DJ's do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    A few points:
    • Do you like to be criticised? If someone was writing ****e about you online and you had a forum in which to address it would you not use it?
    • Just because he's in the public eye doesn't mean he has to accept unwarranted criticism.
    • I won't argue his arrogance on the radio can be irritating at times, but a lot of it is a deliberate act. The whole "King of the Afternoons" thing is mostly a character he plays up to.
    • He doesn't think he's the best thing on TV. Do you actually listen to the show at all? He criticises his TV hosting more than anyone. He mocked himself doing the Head Chef presenting when it took him about 40 takes to get a simple thing right.
    • When did he take credit for Shave or Dye? If I recall correctly, he played up the so called rivalry between him and Matt Cooper to try and raise more money. If he took credit for the idea in any way could you tell me around what day it was so I can listen to the podcast?
    • And seeing as all the profits from the charity record went to CHARITY, I don't think it really matters whether it made 20,000euro or 20euro, it's still more than a lot of DJ's do.

see i told people he is on this forum 2. i meant the person who wrote the comment he did shave or dye for charity i was commenting to.... idiot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 tigerrosie

Never heard of him but Garret O'Callaghan on 4fm does it for me !

jjll wrote: »
    see i told people he is on this forum 2. i meant the person who wrote the comment he did shave or dye for charity i was commenting to.... idiot

For the last time, I am not Ray. I am not connected in any way with him. I have no connections to Anne, JP, Adele, Nordy, Willie O'Reilly, Tom Hardy, or any other Today FM employee you'll say I'm related to just because you disagree with my view on the show.

And I'm sorry, I misunderstood you on the Shave or Dye point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

HA the charging people to play songs thing is brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

I'm Ray and so is my wife...

zuroph wrote: »
    I'm Ray and so is my wife...

Ah good, that should keep jjll happy now that you've admitted it. The speculation can end. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,388 ✭✭✭ofcork

I love the show as its the only radio show that can make me laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Majestic 12

Does anybody know if I was I imagining things or did Ray Foley say that the band 'One Direction' were coming into the studio today?

I've a very excited teenager standing outside the Today FM studios waiting to see them but she said that there's nobody else there. Whereas there's 100's of people outside the Spin103.8 & 98FM studios (they're doing a radio tour today).

She's going to kill me if I've given her the wrong information!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Does anybody know if I was I imagining things or did Ray Foley say that the band 'One Direction' were coming into the studio today?

I've a very excited teenager standing outside the Today FM studios waiting to see them but she said that there's nobody else there. Whereas there's 100's of people outside the Spin103.8 & 98FM studios (they're doing a radio tour today)

She's going to kill me if I've given her the wrong information!
    As far as I remember he said they were coming in to the stuido but I don't recall if he said when they were coming in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Majestic 12

Ok, just got confirmation that One Direction are not going to be there today. The people in Today FM were lovely to my daughter, she said 'some tall guy,off one of the shows' - (her words) came out to tell them that it's actually next month.

She gone to stand outside Spin 1038 now with all of the other screaming teens!

They are doing a come dine with me on the radio this week. I'd put my money on Foley to win.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    They are doing a come dine with me on the radio this week. I'd put my money on Foley to win.

I reckon Adele will score high, she seemed confident today. Ann might do well in the entertainment part. Though you might be right and Foley could be a dark horse, he does talk about cooking a fair bit.

Hope it's good. Should be funny if they get locked while doing it.
    Though when they first announced they were doing it I was under the impression that they were going to team up with TV3 and do a kind of a celebrity Come Dine With Me on the telly.

Well they said they were recording it all yesterday. And someone text in and said will they have video of it and ray said yes. JPs effort I'd say will be Bare bones and if I was a local food palace I'd be making a bit extra tomorrow afternoon.

Night number 1

I'd say JP was fairly far along giving the scores. :pac:

Night 2

Who knew nordy Eoghan had musically skills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Good show today I think. I like the shows when they're hungover to bits.

Fago! wrote: »
    Good show today I think. I like the shows when they're hungover to bits.

Ya the shows where they are doing radio by numbers is fun because they are just in bits. Foley won the come dine with me.

Ya the shows where they are doing radio by numbers is fun because they are just in bits. Foley won the come dine with me.

Liked the come dine with me, though today's show was pretty poor in fairness, especially feedback. But that was due to them being ferociously hung over so I won't be too harsh. Love the videos of the nights, especially JP's night because Ray is LOCKED. :P

• Advertisement

Liked the come dine with me, though today's show was pretty poor in fairness, especially feedback. But that was due to them being ferociously hung over so I won't be too harsh. Love the videos of the nights, especially JP's night because Ray is LOCKED. :P
    One thing I was suprised with was on the wednesday show JP mentioned about the taking off of shoes I assumed that was a joke but apparently not. Btw Ann gleeson what a sax player.

One thing I was suprised with was on the wednesday show JP mentioned about the taking off of shoes I assumed that was a joke but apparently not. Btw Ann gleeson what a sax player.

My favourite entertainment had to be Nordy Eoin and the three girls in the string quartet. It's funny, when Nordy said he was a musician ages aog I always pictured him as a guitar player, not a flute player... the cover of Elbow was clas in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

My favourite entertainment had to be Nordy Eoin and the three girls in the string quartet. It's funny, when Nordy said he was a musician ages aog I always pictured him as a guitar player, not a flute player... the cover of Elbow was clas in fairness.

It was actually oboe he was playing, and violin. Maybe he plays the flute too. Didn't hear him mention it. They seem to be really good though.
    Love the videos of the nights, especially JP's night because Ray is LOCKED. :P

I was laughing at that too. His piece started out with him falling over the chair getting to the table, and then cut to him giving his points at home because "the battery died on the camera" - yeah sure Ray! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

He plays the Oboe, not the flute! But I do agree, that was the best entertainment of any night. One day like this is a great song.

An old show staple made a return today. Ah, yeah, okay was done today.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Foley's book was the best.

Foley's book was the best.

Didnt hear foleys but JPs was brilliant and Ann won with the "ah sure god love her." vote.

Didnt hear foleys but JPs was brilliant and Ann won with the "ah sure god love her." vote.

JP's was hilarious, I must go through the podcast and count the number of knob jokes and innuendos in it. :P
    Liked Ann's and Ray's too, I think a three way tie would have been fairer than Ann winning, but it's irrelevant really. :pav:

"He decided right then, that the lights weren't working." :pac:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Great show today. First time in a while that I was in stitches listening to them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

"He decided right then, that the lights weren't working." :pac:

"It was a dark and stormy night. Scattered showers were forecast along the Eastern coast...":pac:

Advertisement