Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,388 ✭✭✭ofcork

That show is class there is no other radio show that entertains like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭SparklersJo

Living in Vancouver, I download Foley's podcast everyday, and I know I look like an absolute lunatic walking around the streets or being on the train laughing away to myself and having a stupid big grin on my face, but what can I say?! It's a huge taste of home! I love the craic and banter that Ray and JP come out with all the time! The have such good chemistry on air.

I feel like the people who say he is full of himself really don't listen to him enough. First of all, it clearly just is a character/persona he is playing, and also, he is is own biggest critic. Not only his tv performance, but often the first thing he will say on his 'podcast only' bit is how it was a bad show that day or he was disappointed with something. He doesn't actually think he can do no wrong. And as was pointed out ages ago, he came into all this fame from his early 20's. I'd like to see how well some of his critics would deal with the amount of pressure and attention he would have gotten from then. But fair play to him, he has turned it into a bit. He pretends to sit back and lap it up (because he knows he's going to get love and/or criticism either way), while really he puts a lot of work and planning into all he does, and he's always talking about ways to improve the show.

"The only thing worse than being talked about, is not being talked about" - Oscar Wilde, Irish Dramatist, Novelist and Poet (1854-1900)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

anyone know why there was no podcast yesterday? missed most of the gauntlet due to a Lecture, and was really hoping to catch it..... hope it goes up with todays one...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

LOL. I loved how they didn't get to do the "There's so much we didn't get to do on today's show" bit today. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

This is the worst show on Irish daytime radio.

• Advertisement

This is the worst show on Irish daytime radio.

Worse than Tubridy, Colm Hayes and whoever's on 4FM?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Worse than Tubridy, Colm Hayes and whoever's on 4FM?

Can't stand Tubridy but he's 1 big asshole versus 3 idiots on the RAYFOLEY show. Colm Hayes is just bland and 4fm can be quite good at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

Can't stand Tubridy but he's 1 big asshole versus 3 idiots on the RAYFOLEY show. Colm Hayes is just bland and 4fm can be quite good at times.

I think Ray Foley's show is the most unique show on Irish radio at the moment. I like how so much work has to be done to create a lazy sounding show!

Yeah Ok, I shouldn't have included 4fm in my list as I don't listen to it often enough to form a valid opinion.
    One thing I will say is though, that even if you think they're assholes, and you're quiet entitled to think this, they do at least inject their personalities into their show. As was said above, it is a unique show. In my view this is better than a by the books radio show such as Colm Hayes which is the radio equivilent of rice. :)

EDIT: I misread the above and interpreted it as praise. My bad. :)

Anyone else having trouble with the podcasts? I clicked refresh and nothing happened, went into the iTunes store and went to the podcast page and all it brings up is three old podcasts from 2007.... :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Yeah Ok, I shouldn't have included 4fm in my list as I don't listen to it often enough to form a valid opinion.
    One thing I will say is though, that even if you think they're assholes, and you're quiet entitled to think this, they do at least inject their personalities into their show. As was said above, it is a unique show. In my view this is better than a by the books radio show such as Colm Hayes which is the radio equivilent of rice. :)

EDIT: I misread the above and interpreted it as praise. My bad. :)

Anyone else having trouble with the podcasts? I clicked refresh and nothing happened, went into the iTunes store and went to the podcast page and all it brings up is three old podcasts from 2007.... :confused::confused:

Yes the most recent one is the 5th of September. And you clicked on the podcast with the cartoon drawing of the three lads. There should be two when you search ray foley show.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Yes the most recent one is the 5th of September. And you clicked on the podcast with the cartoon drawing of the three lads. There should be two when you search ray foley show.

Cheers, at least I know it's not just me so. :) Yeah clicked on the wrong one.
    Hope they go up soon.... heard Ray's gauntlet piece and thought it was funny, but they said that was the worst one so really want to hear the rest...especially Jarleth's....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Foley caught wind of all the bitchin' :pac:

From Twitter;
    Sorry about the podcast ****ehawking lads. Change of system to "make life better". We're on it.

I like to think i had a small part to play in getting that response by asking him wtf was going on. (I'm wrong, but i like to think it :pac: )

Foley caught wind of all the bitchin' :pac:

From Twitter;

Change of system is it ? I assumed it was because Ann"what have we got on the podcast today?" Gleeson was on holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

I genuinely can't believe all the positive comments about this show. I think it's the worst show by far out there on main stream radio. I have given the show a chance too, more than once but i honestly think it's a pile of crap and the presenters are rubbush too.

Are yesterdays one and todays one up? With Ann off, Adelle should be doing them. She did them before she went on maternity leave and before Ann's time :)

Are yesterdays one and todays one up? With Ann off, Adelle should be doing them. She did them before she went on maternity leave and before Ann's time :)

No dont think so. Go back a page foley explains why it's not up.

Oh boo :( My week is always so dull without the Foley show to laugh at :(

AFAIK Adelle is back editing them full time, I emailed once a while back cos i was having trouble wiht the podcast and it was her that replied, + i remember her saying in a recent podcast (maybe it was monday's and she has just taken over from Ann) that it was her wonderful editing that got them to number one.

Podcasts from the 6th and 7th are now up. The world has returned to normality. :)

• Advertisement

AFAIK Adelle is back editing them full time, I emailed once a while back cos i was having trouble wiht the podcast and it was her that replied, + i remember her saying in a recent podcast (maybe it was monday's and she has just taken over from Ann) that it was her wonderful editing that got them to number one.
    so if Ann is no longer doing editing he podcasts she is doing what now ?

so if Ann is no longer doing editing he podcasts she is doing what now ?

She might still be doing the editing, I'm not sure.
    And I'd assume she does most of the research for the show. I doubt they'd be paying her if she was contributing nothing. :)

She might still be doing the editing, I'm not sure.
    And I'd assume she does most of the research for the show. I doubt they'd be paying her if she was contributing nothing. :)
    Research you say ? DART stands for what ?

Research you say ? DART stands for what ?

Do I detect a less than favourable view on Gleeson? :pac:
    I know she does the questions for quizzes, finds a lot of the news stories they talk about on air, and writes the briefs Ray reads whenever they're doing a promo. I'm sure she does more, but this is all I know from listening to the show.

Will leahy mentioned ray and jp yesterday,he met them at the awards on sat night said they were from the other side!

Loved Monday's podcast only bit, thought the rambling story was very funny. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Anyone know who performed live in the studio today?

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭kellso81

Bresie

Im a fan of foleys but he overdoes it with bressie,the guy was on a few weeks ago again and imo he should have stayed with his group.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

group were ****e, they split to get real jobs.

Advertisement