Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Yerra I don't mind bressie being on often. Suppose it helps that I like his music. To be fair, he's only in when he's releasing new music, the last time he was in he was releasing the single "Good Intentions", today he was promoting the release of the album. He probably won't be in for a while now. Foley loves him more than Danny Corona though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

The only thing I'm a bit iffy about with Ray is him being very buddy-buddy with his celeb mates. Part of the reason I got into listening to him was because he was the one guy out there, in a high profile spot, who'd rip into them when they deserved it. In the maelstrom of TV3 arseholes patting themselves on the back for mediocrity, Foley would have the balls/bitchiness to say what the rest of the country was thinking.

Now that he's getting big TV gigs it feels very...I dunno...false. Like he spent weeks (deservedly) slagging off Fade Street and was the girls' BFF when they came on.

Sometimes it can be great, when the celebs have something to say, but when they just have them in for the sake of it it can feel like "Oh yeah, Ray's mates with them. I feel like I'm creepy now for listening to a private conversation..."

Love the show, otherwise, best thing on Irish radio by a country mile. But not really looking forward to the podcast in work tomorrow now I know that's going to be on it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Must agree. I like Bressie and Foley, but he over-does it. I realise Bressie is on a massive promo buzz for his album, but it's overkill when you are on with Foley too often.

Liked his cover of Tiny Dancer, and wish him well!

leggo wrote: »
    The only thing I'm a bit iffy about with Ray is him being very buddy-buddy with his celeb mates. Part of the reason I got into listening to him was because he was the one guy out there, in a high profile spot, who'd rip into them when they deserved it. In the maelstrom of TV3 arseholes patting themselves on the back for mediocrity, Foley would have the balls/bitchiness to say what the rest of the country was thinking.

Now that he's getting big TV gigs it feels very...I dunno...false. Like he spent weeks (deservedly) slagging off Fade Street and was the girls' BFF when they came on.

Sometimes it can be great, when the celebs have something to say, but when they just have them in for the sake of it it can feel like "Oh yeah, Ray's mates with them. I feel like I'm creepy now for listening to a private conversation..."

Love the show, otherwise, best thing on Irish radio by a country mile. But not really looking forward to the podcast in work tomorrow now I know that's going to be on it. :(

Have to agree with you here. He still does tear into some people, like coming up to Oxegen he was ripping the absolute ****e out of Amanda Brunker, but as you said, he can't really go and insult TV3 that much anymore seeing as he's presenting for them more regularly now.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭smaoifs

Not a fan of Ann Gleeson at all but today's interview with "Una Healy" on her pregnancy was hilarious. "I'm only doing it for the time off". And talking about Ben (Foden?) fainting when she told him the news over skype.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The college adds they made for the gauntlet a while back were played today due to a member of the team going back to college. JPIT would be a brilliant college to go to.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    The college adds they made for the gauntlet a while back were played today due to a member of the team going back to college. JPIT would be a brilliant college to go to.

Sexy Freshers, sexy freshers!
    With courses like I.T., as in IT. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Foley is giving up the "King of the Afternoon" and "Oh and Ray?...Wha?....Love the show!...Eeeeeeeey!" stuff.

I wonder how long that will last.

Foley is giving up the "King of the Afternoon" and "Oh and Ray?...Wha?....Love the show!...Eeeeeeeey!" stuff.

It probably won't last, he tried to give up the "Oh and Ray?...Wha?....Love the show!...Eeeeeeeey!" thing a few years back and it didn't work. At the end of the day if listeners keep doing it on the phones he'll roll with it, even if he'd prefer to stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

wnolan1992 wrote: »

It probably won't last, he tried to give up the "Oh and Ray?...Wha?....Love the show!...Eeeeeeeey!" thing a few years back and it didn't work. At the end of the day if listeners keep doing it on the phones he'll roll with it, even if he'd prefer to stop.

I think most times Ray wants to pack in a feature he can't as callers keep it going. I heard him say a few times he was bored of "Eh, Yeah, OK!" until they finally gave it up.., and now they've brought it back?? Also he got bored of people asking for the same tunes on Lazy Radio which I'd assume is one of the reasons it's only on every now and again. The Gauntlet is far and away the best feature they've had but the stupid scores people were calling in with were ruining it, no wonder they're going back to scoring themselves. When Feedback is good it's really really good but some weeks it can be poor. Would hate to see it go though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I usually listen to the podcast when I'm home from work. The Gauntlet and Feedback are the only two stand out things for me although Feedback has been awful these last few weeks.

The show has become quite stale and needs some new features. Most of the show is filled with some dreadful crap. "Can you guess what cheesy songs made it into the top ten?" type segments make for terrible listening.

batm!ke wrote: »
    I think most times Ray wants to pack in a feature he can't as callers keep it going. I heard him say a few times he was bored of "Eh, Yeah, OK!" until they finally gave it up.., and now they've brought it back?? Also he got bored of people asking for the same tunes on Lazy Radio which I'd assume is one of the reasons it's only on every now and again. The Gauntlet is far and away the best feature they've had but the stupid scores people were calling in with were ruining it, no wonder they're going back to scoring themselves. When Feedback is good it's really really good but some weeks it can be poor. Would hate to see it go though.

It was always the dickhead callers that seemed to get through that would just vote Foley down for no reason. It was way funnier when they gave scores to each other and the tactical voting came out. :pac:

Agree that Feedback can be hit and miss, but really they can't be blamed that much for it, they've made it a weekly segment, some weeks DJ's say stupid crap (EG. George Hook "I AM NOW GOING OFF TO FLASH!!" :P ) other weeks they don't.

Same with DJ J-Oh! really, sometimes JP gets some really good stuff into that segment, other times it's poor.

Another cool thing is when the outros ("There's so much we didn't get to do on Today's show...") are awful, and Ray just sighs and leaves long pauses. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Radiotower

I must have missed something while i was away from the desk...
    did someone ring in giving out to him? Rachel from Donegal of something...

Want to hear it now - prob be used as a promo for the show tomorrow if it was any good i suppose..

Radiotower wrote: »

Want to hear it now - prob be used as a promo for the show tomorrow if it was any good i suppose..
    It was about trains and the fact that Donegal doesnt have any railways in if. That person emailed in saying it wasn't funny but if was a pisstake by the lads.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Radiotower wrote: »

Just listen to the podcast :) or listen back on the website

I really love it when they take on stupid complaints. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,388 ✭✭✭ofcork

Loved the bit on tuesday just before they did the gauntlet and ray singing to himself and he comes out with the shamone motherf......!

The Gauntlet yesterday was brilliant.

Anne's was the best.

The Gauntlet yesterday was brilliant.

Anne's was the best.

The Gauntlet is gold!! The only thing wrong is the voting, granted, I took part yesterday(I was the first lad on who gave JP a nine....jus' sayin'...*comedy sniff) but they have to go back to voting for each other again. Opening it up to the listeners is too risky....
    Loved the way they kept onto the guy who rang in for Ann's and ray was like "I have your number you know?" :pac:

Ray had a little pal, who helped him with his show. And everyday to get things going JP shouted GO.

• Advertisement

Ray had a little pal, who helped him with his show. And everyday to get things going JP shouted GO.

That guy is a hero. :D

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    That guy is a hero. :D
    i wonder what he'll do tomorrow ? Can't really go back to saying go.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 erinp

Such a great show! Studying for exams at the moment but I still have to listen to it on the internet, tho I somehow end up listening to ones from ages ago until I realise that I've heard it before and the news and weather is well out of date. My friend has the biggest crush on JP, she's googled him a worrying amount of times :D

It appear that JPs Voiceover work was not a once off. He got the apprentice behind the scences gig which will be a good few weeks work.

It appear that JPs Voiceover work was not a once off. He got the apprentice behind the scences gig which will be a good few weeks work.

And a couple of months content for Ray :pac:

Jesus. The ominous whispering was really freaky. :eek:

The show is up for two awards at the PPIs on friday night.

Ray himself for music broadcaster of the year.
    And the gauntlet itself is up for an award.

Was this on today's show ?

Was this on today's show ?

Yarp. Nordy Eoin/Eoghan/however he spells his name's movie review.

• Advertisement

Yarp. Nordy Eoin/Eoghan/however he spells his name's movie review.

fixed.

Advertisement