Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Rookster

Clanket wrote: »
    That you're an idiot?

That is just the response I would expect from a brain-dead listener of the Ray Foley show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Rookster wrote: »
    That is just the response I would expect from a brain-dead listener of the Ray Foley show.

And this is just the response I would expect from someone who has too high an opinion of themself. I suggest you take your sweeping generalisations and go troll a different forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

both posters above warned of future conduct. Please keep sniping for another day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

It's an appalling show and testament to the low standards in the Irish media right now. However it obviously appeals to a demographic and radio stations in particular are finely attuned to this.
    I'm guessing the target audience is early to mid-twenties,don't read much,culturally not very aware and who spend all their cash on clothes and booze at the weekend.The boys like action flicks and premiership football and the girls like romantic comedies and whatever generic talent show/soap opera. Essentially consumers of tat that don't realise when they are being marketed to and will trot along whatever way they are pointed.These people do not vote and if they did they would vote for someone like Sean Gallagher.
    I could be totally wrong of course:)

It's an appalling show and testament to the low standards in the Irish media right now. However it obviously appeals to a demographic and radio stations in particular are finely attuned to this.
    I'm guessing the target audience is early to mid-twenties,don't read much,culturally not very aware and who spend all their cash on clothes and booze at the weekend.The boys like action flicks and premiership football and the girls like romantic comedies and whatever generic talent show/soap opera. Essentially consumers of tat that don't realise when they are being marketed to and will trot along whatever way they are pointed.These people do not vote and if they did they would vote for someone like Sean Gallagher.

I would say you hit the nail on the head.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 183 ✭✭Paracore

I would say you hit the nail on the head.

I would say you both are pretentious twats who need to get their heads out of their asses for a while.

Paracore wrote: »
    I would say you both are pretentious twats who need to get their heads out of their asses for a while.

Couldn't have said it better myself

As opposed to a couple of shallow illiterates who should get out more.

As opposed to a couple of shallow illiterates who should get out more.

Illiterate? Oh yes I am sure I constructed that last post by pure chance!

Get out more? From the guy/gal who posts about someone they despise, its you that needs that hobby pal! All that hate ain't good for ya :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Wat r u saying. I dnt no wat u read. Foley is gr8 lolz xoxoxoxoxo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Ray - OK, give me a countdown from 5"
    Ann - *shakily* "5....4...."
    *Turns on leaf blower*
    Ann - "AAAAAAH!!"

Totally saw it coming but I loved it. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

I've only started listening again in the last month, mainly to the podcast but some of the things you've pointed out are painfully misinformed. Ray him has very little interest in sport be it "premiership football" or whatever else and JP has a huge interest in golf.
    If you were to listen to the podcast you'll often find JP calling people out on their poor grammar and complementing those who do write readable e-mails.

I think you've very eager (and ignorant) to cast aspersions on the show after probably 30sec of listening. Fair enough it might not be you're cup of tea but its a supposed to be a fun easy to listen to show and I think they pull it off perfectly.

rookster banned for 7 days. No more abusive comments please about presenters or listeners

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

excellent post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

Yep you are totally wrong. I'm none of those things but sure continue on with your illjudged, illinformed generalisations.

my friend wrote: »
    excellent post.

You just stick to your online running commentary of the Joe Show

What a life!

SNIGGER

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

just looked on web cam on show and jp has someone in rays seat doing the music and links to ads wht the ?? makes you think when he records hois own show does he actually just ad voice and the producer does rest .. anne and adele not there either why not surely there not up rays arse so much they dont do show when he aint on there prob with him wereevr he is up his arse

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

jjll wrote: »
    just looked on web cam on show and jp has someone in rays seat doing the music and links to ads wht the ?? makes you think when he records hois own show does he actually just ad voice and the producer does rest .. anne and adele not there either why not surely there not up rays arse so much they dont do show when he aint on there prob with him wereevr he is up his arse

There is a lot more to it than playing music and ads. It's a fast moving mix of talk and music, so a lot of things need to be taken in to account, like being completely familiar with the playout software, the mixing controls, the timing, the jingles etc.

It's not just a case of jumping in and doing it.

JP is focusing on the presentation, and whatever else he is doing.

On his own (pre-recorded) show, he would record the voice links and it would be on auto-pilot (I'd imagine).

PS. Punctuation is your friend.

There is a lot more to it than playing music and ads. It's a fast moving mix of talk and music, so a lot of things need to be taken in to account, like being completely familiar with the playout software, the mixing controls, the timing, the jingles etc.

It's not just a case of jumping in and doing it.

JP is focusing on the presentation, and whatever else he is doing.

On his own (pre-recorded) show, he would record the voice links and it would be on auto-pilot (I'd imagine).

PS. Punctuation is your friend.

ok jp say you looking at this on web cam ha caught out

What

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

I'm really glad I made the effort to give an answer to your question now..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭robo

Music was much better in the first hour today without Ray!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I work on student radio, and it's far more complicated than you'd think. We don't have ads, news, jingles, etc, and it can get overwhelming trying to juggle reading texts, lining up the next song, trying to present the show, etc. And a lot of shows are actually done this way. A lot of the presenters on Newstalk don't actually handle the desk during their shows, and if JP isn't confident in his ability to smoothly do a 2.5hour show on his own then what difference does it make whether someone else is pushing the buttons.

You really have problems... this is about the 10th time I've seen you accusing posters of being part of the show....seriously, grow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

robo wrote: »
    Music was much better in the first hour today without Ray!

JP chooses all the music anyway, bar maybe one or two that ray asks for.

zuroph wrote: »
    JP chooses all the music anyway, bar maybe one or two that ray asks for.

I liked the conspiracy theory texted in that said JP chooses ****e music when Ray is on so that people like him better when he does the show alone. :P

I'm really glad I made the effort to give an answer to your question now..

well we all knew that you adele or anne was on this thread you are better when you do the show live dont know why you have to record your show

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭SparklersJo

well we all knew that you adele or anne was on this thread you are better when you do the show live dont know why you have to record your show

Everyone is on this thread. All Ray, JP, Ann and Adelle.....obviously! Coz nobody else could ever possibly like or want to defend the show. [That's extreme sarcasm in case that wasn't clear to you]

And I would assume JP records his show so as he can go out on the tear on a Friday night.

BTW, I am JP.

Jill warned of future conduct. Please refrain from second guessing who users are on this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,388 ✭✭✭ofcork

I find it hard to listen to the show when foley is off,without him it wouldnt stand out at all.

• Advertisement

ofcork wrote: »
    I find it hard to listen to the show when foley is off,without him it wouldnt stand out at all.

I agree. I love JP's show at night, but that's because it's late at night and all you really want is music. But in the middle of the day you really need more than one person in the studio.

Advertisement