Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

he likes to use the F word alot on his podcast of todays show

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I really don't think she was... she sounded genuinely relieved when she realised that it was a piss take.

Either way, I found it funny. :)
    I have relistened to the said portion of podcast and yes her laugh has a sound of the *exhales* "oh thanks jaysus for that."

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Aw man, JP's gifts were awesome! Was watching on webcams and was bursting laughing through it 'cos JP looked so giddy and delighted with himself. :pac:

Well it appears the team of four is down to three again until the summer at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Seemingly Adelle is up the Damien Duff again.

• Advertisement

The foley crowd are on tomorrow at some point.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    The foley crowd are on tomorrow at some point.

Yeah, they pre-recorded a show on Wednesday or Thursday I think for tomorrow. I think it'll be a fairly bland, by the numbers show, just playing a lot of Christmas music, few stories, etc, 'cos they'll know the listenership will be fairly low anyway.

Not sure what time they're on though, I assume it's their normal slot like last year though. :)

Yeah, they pre-recorded a show on Wednesday or Thursday I think for tomorrow. I think it'll be a fairly bland, by the numbers show, just playing a lot of Christmas music, few stories, etc, 'cos they'll know the listenership will be fairly low anyway.

Not sure what time they're on though, I assume it's their normal slot like last year though. :)
    I think it's twelve to three. They mentioned it in passing during the week.

So two new arrivals on the foley show next year. Ann and JP should have a child just to kill two birds with one stone.

So two new arrivals on the foley show next year. Ann and JP should have a child just to kill two birds with one stone.

They'll get fair mileage for content if JP ever gets a long term girlfriend. :pac: :pac:

When was it announced that Adele was expecting another sprog?

• Advertisement

They'll get fair mileage for content if JP ever gets a long term girlfriend. :pac: :pac:

When was it announced that Adele was expecting another sprog?

Ah stop Foley wouldnt have to think up anything for the show. Yes it was via the tweet machine.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Listening to the podcast and jaysus I wouldnt like to piss off rays wife. I know it was a joke and she was probably prepped but still.

Which podcast?

Sully wrote: »
    Which podcast?

The one from the 22nd I'd be guessing. One of the first links in the show. :)

Is wasn't the first one and they did podcast only stuff at the start. And the Adelle announcement was through her twitter account which links to the shows one and then Facebook. So when was foley on yesterday ? Listened to todayFM this morning at half five and I pressume Duffy, dempsey, darcy are not on ""live".

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

Is wasn't the first one and they did podcast only stuff at the start. And the Adelle announcement was through her twitter account which links to the shows one and then Facebook. So when was foley on yesterday ? Listened to todayFM this morning at half five and I pressume Duffy, dempsey, darcy are not on ""live".

I was listening in today, I'm fairly sure Foley wasn't live since there was no shoutouts for the text or phone number and the links were all really short. I thought Louise Duffy was live though since she was taking texts.

I've always wanted to listen to some of the Foley show on Christmas day just to see what happens on it. I remember a podcast where Foley himself says that no-one listens to the radio on Christmas day. He's probably right!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Scráib wrote: »
    I was listening in today, I'm fairly sure Foley wasn't live since there was no shoutouts for the text or phone number and the links were all really short. I thought Louise Duffy was live though since she was taking texts.

Louise Duffy was live alright - Foley and the other big names are recorded. It's a pity that they record their schedule over the week, it would be a good time to give some new talent a chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

Anyone else impressed with Ann & JP this week? I thought it was JP's most relaxed and assured presenting yet while filling in for Ray. They actually had chat, features and a gauntlet instead of the usual 3 hours of mostly music.

Would have been no harm having Nordy Eoin in there with them for the week too unless he was busy.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Thought it was much poorer tbh. Prefer it the previous week than this week, or when everyone is in together.

batm!ke wrote: »
    Anyone else impressed with Ann & JP this week? I thought it was JP's most relaxed and assured presenting yet while filling in for Ray. They actually had chat, features and a gauntlet instead of the usual 3 hours of mostly music.

Would have been no harm having Nordy Eoin in there with them for the week too unless he was busy.

Agree with this. JP is definitely improving as a presenter imho. I think a texter said early in the week that he was a bit like Tony Fenton, and i have to say, he does have a very similar style to T Fenton.

Yeah, if Nordy was free it would have been nice to have him in, though he might have had classes or else Today FM didn't want to pay him for two full weeks :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,388 ✭✭✭ofcork

I found jp's choice of msic poor earlier in the week but it got better as the week went on.

• Advertisement

From the podcasts I heard he and Ann have good chemistry and work well. And Adelle had a baby girl.

The "quiz" they did today was hilarious. :pac: :pac:
    Would be great if they got people like Paul Collins, Ian Dempsey and mat Cooper to "call in" for it. :)

Oh, and for those that didn't hear, Adele had a baby girl at the end of last week (Friday I think).

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Macca3000

Was Adele pregnant again? They never mentioned it.

Macca3000 wrote: »
    Was Adele pregnant again? They never mentioned it.

They announced it before Christmas when she left for maternity leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭EarlyStorms

Is anyone else dreading Foley's return?! I don’t mind him that much but JP's been doing a stellar job covering the show, he's much more relaxed then his previous stints and is playing some great music. Shame it'll all be back to normal soon.

Is anyone else dreading Foley's return?! I don’t mind him that much but JP's been doing a stellar job covering the show, he's much more relaxed then his previous stints and is playing some great music. Shame it'll all be back to normal soon.

Quite miss Foley actually. :(

Don't get me wrong, JP is doing an excellent job, as I said earlier in the thread, he's definitely improving as a host, and seems to only be getting better, but I really like the dynamic of Foley with the other two, so it'll be nice to have him back again.

On the topic of JP though, it's a real shame he records his Friday night show. I know it'd be unreasonable to expect him to be in work from 10am - 2am, but he's proved this week that he can handle a live show, so it'd be cool to have him do a KC-type show on Friday.

Mr Raymond Foley returns to the rightful seat from tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Mr Raymond Foley returns to the rightful seat from tomorrow.

Hopefully that seat is on a one way airline ticket to OZ.

But sure, we can all live in hope. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

The gauntlet today was like a flashback to the leaving. Bloody phones.

Advertisement