Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Up 3,000 listeners since the last JNLR "book". I remember last year he had 156,000 but did he go up or down after that.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Up 3,000 listeners since the last JNLR "book". I remember last year he had 156,000 but did he go up or down after that.

Up IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,388 ✭✭✭ofcork

He must be doing something right,i wonder where they get the numbers as i have never been asked about radio ever.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

ofcork wrote: »
    He must be doing something right,i wonder where they get the numbers as i have never been asked about radio ever.

Its randomly selected from the electoral register. Its like all those polls you hear that Fine Gael has gone up/down/stayed the same, opinions on bailouts/europe etc. The majority are done by reputable companies who call people up, ask them many questions (they sometimes do more than one survey a call), and then put them together in the form of statistics and give them to the media to play with.

So same happened here, fairly sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

I read in the paper he was down to 148,000 or something? Pity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

I must have been asleep this morning. I thought I heard a "thank you" promo which said Foley was up 8000 listeners?

EDIT: Heard it again, and it was 3000, not 8000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

I must have been asleep this morning. I thought I heard a "thank you" promo which said Foley was up 8000 listeners?

EDIT: Heard it again, and it was 3000, not 8000.
    paper saying he is up 3000 18-21 year olds but down on other groups ad seems to forget to mention that

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

jjll wrote: »
    paper saying he is up 3000 18-21 year olds but down on other groups ad seems to forget to mention that

Radio stations distorting JNLR figures to make things sound better than they are? NNNEEEEVVVVVEEEERRRR!!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Slang_Tang

He's down 8,000 listeners on this time last year but gained 3,000 in the last quarter, which means he's down 5,000 overall, I think. Not too sure. I know they manipulated his numbers to make it sound good.

Honestly, he's insufferable. Forced to listen to him in work every day -- the fake banter, the egoism. He's taking the píss blah blah blah, but it's still not funny.

No wonder half the bloody country switches somewhere else when Ray D'Arcy finishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Ah I do love when he takes the piss out of people who call too early for a competition. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

The pair of them are funny when they are left on their own, without the girls around. They just have a laugh!

Ringing the Colm Colm show was harsh and they did take a long time to answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

That bit with the Today FM Triple Teaser and "Eugene" was hilarious! Even down to the music and scratching over the clues. Beat FM is actually like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭PaulieBoy

I could well believe that! He has dumbed the show down to the point that I gave up listening quite a while ago. You can hear that it's fairly aimed at the 18-21 year old, even younger if you ask me!
    He had a great show back in the day when it was just him and JP on late in the evening, gone downhill since...

Haha! Just listening to Tuesday's podcast, love when he takes the piss out of complaints. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭smaoifs

batm!ke wrote: »
    That bit with the Today FM Triple Teaser and "Eugene" was hilarious! Even down to the music and scratching over the clues. Beat FM is actually like that!

That was so funny! Thought it was the pack of 3 thing Will Leahy does that they were taking the piss out of.

They're on fire this week. The gauntlet and the 1st page of a romance novel and it being about someone who literally did crash their car laughing (or crying?) at something on the D'Arcy show.

Thought it was brilliant today with ray and the homestore and more ads and then the dolphin thing.

That was something different today on the podcast(podchast?) with ray talking for a good while on his own. It was unexpected.

That was something different today on the podcast(podchast?) with ray talking for a good while on his own. It was unexpected.

That was actually brilliant. I think it's the most genuine I've ever heard him be. Really really good. I actually think he was a little pissed off with JP and Ann when they left.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    That was actually brilliant. I think it's the most genuine I've ever heard him be. Really really good. I actually think he was a little pissed off with JP and Ann when they left.

Ya It seemed honest enough and different. Ah JP and Ann leaving was probably part of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

Ya It seemed honest enough and different. Ah JP and Ann leaving was probably part of it.

foley is never genuine about anything plays up to the radio and even worse on tv

foley is never genuine about anything plays up to the radio and even worse on tv

I disagree. I think he can play up to crowd, and often does, but when he's offended or upset he speaks very openly and honestly. Monday's podcast is perhaps the best example of this in recent months.

Bit of a shock he got when he realised his car had been broken into.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Jem123

I can't abide him. He actually made me dread work and our communal radio

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

I thought Nordy Eoghan was class this week! The Spanish nurse, "have you the nervous"

Deedsie wrote: »
    I thought Nordy Eoghan was class this week! The Spanish nurse, "have you the nervous"

Ya and how do you get michael out of eoghan ?

Deedsie wrote: »

"Oh Michael, have you still got the nervous?" :pac: :pac:

Gauntlet was fair good yesterday. Ann's was hilarious. "IIIIII'mmmm all alone, in supermacs, I'm sad, ???, lost my phone!" :pac:

Agus beidh siad ag deanamh an seo i nGaeilge ar an 2ú Aibreáin. Táim ag súil go mór le sin! :D

Amazing interview from "Una Healy" today.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Good 'cheese' skit today :P

Advertisement