Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Hahaha! Like a mini-gauntlet, JP's was gas!

"CHEESUS CHRIST!"

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Will ray be there on Tuesday ?

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Will ray be there on Tuesday ?

Has the wife had Spán yet? If not then he probably will be, but her due date was around this weekend IIRC.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Has the wife had Spán yet? If not then he probably will be, but her due date was around this weekend IIRC.

He said it on the facebook that he'd be back on the tuesday if a child hadnt arrived.

Great podcast today! Some laugh! :)

• Advertisement

JP is on deck for next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Did Kate have the baby yet?

No he said when the event happens he wil piut it on Facebook/twitter. he said she is due on Sunday.

"UNA Healy" in for a chat is always good.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Sierra 117

Ann is great at improvising her Una Healy bit. Her bit on Friday was gold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

nope still waiting, 4 days over today

I was suprised to hear ray say if nothing happens after two weeks they induce it, I would have assumed that if its more than five days over they would be calling time on it.

Today's podcast only bit was great. Love it when Ray just absent-mindedly cycles through old clips. And the bit at the end was fúcking great. :)

Today's podcast only bit was great. Love it when Ray just absent-mindedly cycles through old clips. And the bit at the end was fúcking great. :)

The chubby child part ?

The chubby child part ?

The bit where Ray put the weird filter on the mics and they were going on about Ann flying a plane. :)

The podcast only bits are fast becoming my favourite part of the show tbh.

The bit where Ray put the weird filter on the mics and they were going on about Ann flying a plane. :)

The podcast only bits are fast becoming my favourite part of the show tbh.

Oh ya that was funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Many congrats to Ray and his wife Kate on the birth of their baby boy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,388 ✭✭✭ofcork

He will get alot of mileage out of it but best of luck to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

ofcork wrote: »
    He will get alot of mileage out of it but best of luck to them.

He'll need to be very careful he doesn't go down the Darcy route alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Jaysus Kate went through some ordeal. :( 13 hour labour and a C-section.

Meanwhile, this Irish stuff is getting REALLY annoying. :mad:

• Advertisement

Congrats to ray but Jesus the Irish stick is starting to bug me and I'll be over to the ballyfermot prince when it starts if it doesn't stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Congrats to ray but Jesus the Irish stick is starting to bug me and I'll be over the the ballyfermot prince when it starts if it doesn't stop.
    Who's the "ballyfermot prince"?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Congrats to ray but Jesus the Irish stick is starting to bug me and I'll be over the the ballyfermot prince when it starts if it doesn't stop.

The Duffmeister.

BaZmO* wrote: »

Joseph Duffy of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Ahh, I thought you were saying that you were getting annoyed because of Bernard Dunne.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

I really enjoyed the Irish aspect to today's show. Brave of them to try it.

Amazingly i understood most of it.

I get what they were trying to achieve on today's show, and as someone who loves the Irish language I should be happy that someone with a following such as Foley is trying to promote it.

However...

I really don't think they put any effort into it. They knew for what? 2-3 weeks beforehand, yet they still barely were able to string a few basic sentences together. It would have been nice if they'd at least been able to do one or two links with no English whatsoever.

I suppose it annoyed me more that they were constantly breaking into English because I'm pretty fluent in Irish. Maybe most people wouldn't have been.

Congrats to him on the baby. Really hope he doesn't go down the D'Arcy route now, and still can keep his edge. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

I get what they were trying to achieve on today's show, and as someone who loves the Irish language I should be happy that someone with a following such as Foley is trying to promote it.

However...

I really don't think they put any effort into it. They knew for what? 2-3 weeks beforehand, yet they still barely were able to string a few basic sentences together. It would have been nice if they'd at least been able to do one or two links with no English whatsoever.

I suppose it annoyed me more that they were constantly breaking into English because I'm pretty fluent in Irish. Maybe most people wouldn't have been.

I would agree they could have put more effort in... However the idea of the Bród club was to use the Irish you have and build it up as you go along.

I am in no way fluent but i would love to use the bit of Irish i have. However i am always met with either blank faces from people who dont want to speak Irish or intimidation from people who have more Irish than i do... They seem to be trying to out-Irish me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

awful today really awful in and out of irish and dunne was annoying all the time

• Advertisement

Is the tony Fenton bit near the end of the show going to be a regular thing ? Doesnt/didn't chris moyles do something similiar toward the end of his breakfast show ?

Advertisement