Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    He didnt know that! :pac:

Damn! :(

D'you reckon there's still time for ninja edits? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Corcaigh23

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    He didnt know that! :pac:

Hahaha thanks a lot for the "help":L I listen to the show regularly so I'm defo not going to put myself up for a slating by foley that easily!:L

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I was actually a little serious. Just dont beg for it and they might give you something other than a slagging. It's probably the only way you'll get anywhere unless someone has collected them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

JP finally went to the pilots seat instead of someone else doing it today. Bad thing is no podcasts for a fortnight. Balls.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    JP finally went to the pilots seat instead of someone else doing it today. Bad thing is no podcasts for a fortnight. Balls.

How'd he do running the desk? I've a feeling he's being groomed for a full time show in the future...

Shame about no podcasts. Won't be able to listen in any day this week and would love to even get the show content as podcast with nothing extra.

Guess I'll just use the listen back feature, but still....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

JP finally went to the pilots seat instead of someone else doing it today.

He's done the show loads of times. It's been a long time since they got someone else in when Ray is out

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    How'd he do running the desk? I've a feeling he's being groomed for a full time show in the future...

Shame about no podcasts. Won't be able to listen in any day this week and would love to even get the show content as podcast with nothing extra.

Guess I'll just use the listen back feature, but still....
    Well the podcast thing was said last week and it was kind of a "a don't think so." answer so things might have changed since last Thursday. He did great as far as I could hear,no dead air and no darcy moments but Phil Cawley(sp) was there in the studio if things went arse ways.

Clanket wrote: »
    He's done the show loads of times. It's been a long time since they got someone else in when Ray is out
    Yes I know he has but they normally get someone else in to look after the desk which I don't think JP has ever done on a live show.(open to correction)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Yes I know he has but they normally get someone else in to look after the desk which I don't think JP has ever done on a live show.(open to correction)

You are right there..

Suppose they couldn't justify the cost of having to have someone on the desk for JP if he is to be the regular fill in.

You are right there..

Suppose they couldn't justify the cost of having to have someone on the desk for JP if he is to be the regular fill in.

Well I doubt it's cost related tbh. I think it's Gavin that's their sound engineer, he always runs the desk for OB's and for some of the less experienced hosts.

I reckon it's just that JP has upskilled through making his Friday show. I remember on one podcast Ray was talking him through the equipment and then told him to ask one of the lads to help him out with the desk and things.

• Advertisement

Well I doubt it's cost related tbh. I think it's Gavin that's their sound engineer, he always runs the desk for OB's and for some of the less experienced hosts.

I reckon it's just that JP has upskilled through making his Friday show. I remember on one podcast Ray was talking him through the equipment and then told him to ask one of the lads to help him out with the desk and things.

Ive seen a few engineers do it including Dempsey jr on one occasion;(via the webcams), and JP has been in today fm for a few years so it's hardly lack of knowledge, it was more a confidence issue if you aren't used to using it day in day out IMO.

I've seen Ann handle the changeover from the news to a batch of songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Corcaigh23

are the webcams working for anyone today cause mine isnt:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

No mine isn't either

KC and Ann covering this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

I'm in knots listening to them typing the fake e-mail to Ian Dempsey...

I actually missed Ray more than I thought! :D

Poor ray

I actually don't mind Jedward but they've derailed what was shaping up to be a good first show back with Ray, Anne & JP, would rather they had been guests tomorrow!

Podcasts thank Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭SparklersJo

Podcasts thank Jesus.

Fact!!

Podcasts thank Jesus.

Soooo good to have him back. :)

I didn't realise how much I missed him from the airwaves until today. Great first show back. Could maybe have been better without Jedward, but I suppose I'll get over it. :P

Gauntlet today now. :)

• Advertisement

Nice list of off topic things by "Una Healy" at the start of the show yesterday. The PC factor just works every time in the gauntlet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Ray mentioned boards today

deisemum wrote: »

Yeah, I was expecting a backlash by now tbh!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

deisemum wrote: »

He mentioned Boards before in a not-so-pleasant way, nobody seems to care much!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

He should be able to take the rough with the smooth.
    He's in the public spotlight and therefore he's there to be shot at as long as it's not about his personal life/family

amiable wrote: »
    He's in the public spotlight and therefore he's there to be shot at as long as it's not about his personal life/family

To be fair to him, I think he generally takes legitimate criticism on board, it just the gimps that complain over stuff like the gauntlet this week that he really hates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

This is what it's reduced to now is it, ten minutes stories about his baby burping and sleeping? Between him and D'Arcy I'm rapidly beginning to dislike what was my favourite station!

Acoshla wrote: »
    This is what it's reduced to now is it, ten minutes stories about his baby burping and sleeping? Between him and D'Arcy I'm rapidly beginning to dislike what was my favourite station!

Yeah... he'd want to be careful alright. But I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for a while. In fairness, it's only his first week back after having the child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Yeah... he'd want to be careful alright. But I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for a while. In fairness, it's only his first week back after having the child.

I know, it's just today was the first time I listened to the show all week since he came back and within 15 minutes he was already telling a very boring story (babies do have entertaining stories sometimes, this wasn't one of them!) so I just though, ugh, is this the only subject I'll hear now?!

• Advertisement

amiable wrote: »
    To be fair to him, I think he generally takes legitimate criticism on board, it just the gimps that complain over stuff like the gauntlet this week that he really hates.

Ooh, I don't know about that all the time wnolan. Don't get me wrong, I love the show and all that but he can get very defensive, overly so, when faced with criticism. You're right though, he has every right to have a pop at people like the moaners after this weeks Gauntlet but a couple of times I've sent in texts and he's read them on air, once he called me a muppet and another time called me a tool. I was being sarcastic once so fair enough it didn't come across in the text but another time I questioned Nordy Eoin's qualifications as a movie critic and wanted to know how he could criticise films having not seen them etc. My word he went off on one on me. Didn't help that JP read my text out in a really snotty tone I suppose :o

And I think anyone here who follows him on twitter will know what I mean when I say he can't take a joke. He has flat-out abused people on it. Unbecoming for a man of his public standing I would think. @rayfoleyshow I wouldn't be surprised if that's why the twitter account is for the show only now. :confused:

Advertisement