Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

I was in tears listening to Anne's. I think she does the better ones.

She was funny, Paul Collins was terrible but funny!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Who is the english fellas who says "Ray Foley, god bless you"?

One of my favoruite features they do is films with Nordie Owen (or however you spell it) but they seem to be giving him less and less airtime, even when he isn't talking about films he is very entertaining. Seens a bit of a waste

The most beautiful "squirrel" in the world was hilarious,

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

siblers wrote: »
    Who is the english fellas who says "Ray Foley, god bless you"?

Chris Moyles.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Can't remember what song they played after, but all I could hear every time they sang girl in it was squirrel. :pac:

Seems like they've started recording the competition winners off air... lor maybe that was just because they were running late today..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So a podcast idea made in onto the air ?

Brilliant.

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Brilliant.
    Excellent!

Also, just listened to Friday's show earlier, the piss-taking of the kalashnikov brothers for the first hour was bloody hilarious!

No more swearing on the podcast apparently but that wont ****ing last and they have no ****ing willpower, and taking the ****ing swearing out of the podcast only stuff is is a ****ing disgrace.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    No more swearing on the podcast apparently but that wont ****ing last and they have no ****ing willpower, and taking the ****ing swearing out of the podcast only stuff is is a ****ing disgrace.

Not a chance will they be able to stop. :P

I think it's just a case that on iTunes they don't have an explicit tag on the podcast, and if someone were to complain then they might be forced to take it down. I gather from what Foley was saying on the cast today that they're going to mark each podcast individually with explicit tags if they swear.

I really hope they don't cut it out, part of what makes the podcast so good is that they don't have to censor themselves....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Not a chance will they be able to stop. :P

I think it's just a case that on iTunes they don't have an explicit tag on the podcast, and if someone were to complain then they might be forced to take it down. I gather from what Foley was saying on the cast today that they're going to mark each podcast individually with explicit tags if they swear.

I really hope they don't cut it out, part of what makes the podcast so good is that they don't have to censor themselves....

Totally agree. Can't they just put an explicit tag on all podcasts and just keep doin' what they're doin'? :confused: They almost always curse.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Ruffhausen

Still copying English radio, airs original material, first played on U.K. stations three months previously, has no talent to speak off, sounds like a student doing amateur radio, which is why is is so popular, really poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Sierra 117

Ruffhausen wrote: »
    Still copying English radio, airs original material, first played on U.K. stations three months previously

Care to back that up with some examples?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Is that Ann doing Una? I think she's a comedy genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭SparklersJo

LOVED the bit from yesterdays podcast when JP and Ray were feeling each other's arses! Actually laughed out loud on the bus on the way home from work - normally I can restrain my reaction to the show to grinning broadly the whole time, but I was shaking with laughter at that! JP sounded genuinely uncomfortable - he got in too deep and had to see it through :D

LOVED the bit from yesterdays podcast when JP and Ray were feeling each other's arses! Actually laughed out loud on the bus on the way home from work - normally I can restrain my reaction to the show to grinning broadly the whole time, but I was shaking with laughter at that! JP sounded genuinely uncomfortable - he got in too deep and had to see it through :D

You're lucky you weren't watching the webcams yesterday. I can confirm that crabbing of arses occurred between the two lads. What was seen cannot be unseen ?

Hope he puts up video of him dancing to Carly Rae Jepsen, my internet is too slow to stream the webcams live. :(

Ouch :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Lunch break always seem to go quickly while listening to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Lunch break always seem to go quickly while listening to them.

Sure it's "Just a bit of fun for your lunchtime" ha ha!

Really enjoy foley's show and his zany features...I miss Ah,Ya,Ok tho....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Sure it's "Just a bit of fun for your lunchtime" ha ha!

Really enjoy foley's show and his zany features...I miss Ah,Ya,Ok tho....

I miss Ah Yeah Ok too!

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Sierra 117

I loved Ah, Yeah, Ok. Especially when a caller would last for ages and then Ray would say "I'm just going to put you on hold, okay?" and the caller would say "Okay."

Though that was definitely cheating on Ray's part.

Or before the quiz would technically start he would ask them too "hold on their one sec ok?" OK Ray and JP going mad then with the buzzer/Horn!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭timbertime

Loving the look back at the classic Gauntlets. God there were some brillant ones, had completely forgetton Ray's eurovision entry!!

Ian Dempsey in Ann's cat one was comedy gold.

Speaking of old quizzes, I was listening back to some clips of The Blast the other day and came across "The Big Game!", remember when he'd get a caller on and go "You're time starts now!" then start rambling away about inane shíte while JP was in the background shouting "IT'S AGAINST THE CLOCK!"

Then just as he used to go "Right question one... what is the..." the buzzer would go.

They really should bring back some of the oldies for the show's birthday some year. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭stannis

The Gauntlet last week was pure class. Cheesy blurbs for fake books. The best had to be Ann's "What The Hell Am I Doing On The Moon?". I can listen to it over and over and it's still brilliant :)
    I was listening back to some clips of The Blast

Did you record them on tape or are they available online? I started listening to Ray and JP back around the time of my Leaving Cert (2004).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

stannis wrote: »

Did you record them on tape or are they available online? I started listening to Ray and JP back around the time of my Leaving Cert (2004).
    They were on itunes a year or two ago, might still be on it.

A few weeks back they werre playing clips from when JP used be on Spin reading the sport and fluffing his lines ha ha!!

stannis wrote: »

There are some up on youtube. The entire last ever show is up there in four parts I believe.

• Advertisement

Anyone know why there was no podcast today ?

Advertisement