Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Ray was off today, only Ann and JP there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Ray was in "The 2fm forest" for a promotional shoot yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Thursday's show was absolutely great. :) Foley spitting up all over the desk and the "Radio faves (and Foley)" parts had me laughing so hard! :pac:

Foley seems to really hate us boardsies though. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Thursday's show was absolutely great. :) Foley spitting up all over the desk and the "Radio faves (and Foley)" parts had me laughing so hard! :pac:

What did he say about boardsies?

Acoshla wrote: »
    What did he say about boardsies?

He was on about something on either facebook or something that was along the lines of "Get foley off the air, we have him in our office every day and there's nothing I can do."

Then he did the usual "I was on boards this morning, y'know they absolutely love me over there." :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Well he does kinda have a point. Some people come onto this thread just to say that they hate the show and that they have to listen to it in work. It does nothing for the show, its not even constructive criticism that they can work on. It doesn't do anything for the thread either. The vast majority of us would just like a thread to discuss the things that happen in the show. I really don't like soccer that much but I don't go into the soccer forum and say that its a ****e sport and I hate having to see it in the pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

He should take a look at the Ray D'Arcy Show thread, his is infinitely better than that thread :D Which accurately reflects the shows IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Yeh I had to leave the Darcy thread. All it is is people bitching about him. Very annoying. Thank god this thread hasn't followed it's lead

Clanket wrote: »
    Yeh I had to leave the Darcy thread. All it is is people bitching about him. Very annoying. Thank god this thread hasn't followed it's lead

Give it time... It's going through a bit of a lull at the moment, but you can be sure we'll get the usual

"He's sh't!"
    "Why is he sh't?"
    "Because he is!"
    "I don't think he is."
    "Ah you're probably JP"

exchanges started up again sooner or later. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

I'm pretty sure Ray Foley had a Boards account himself before and came on here a good few times, basically to defend himself and also have a go at the posters that were giving him a hard time.

I remember seeing the thread and if someone could be arsed, could ye find it and throw up a link here to it?

• Advertisement

telekon wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure Ray Foley had a Boards account himself before and came on here a good few times, basically to defend himself and also have a go at the posters that were giving him a hard time.

I remember seeing the thread and if someone could be arsed, could ye find it and throw up a link here to it?

I think we discussed something similar not too long ago... there was a lot of bitching in an older Foley Show thread (think it was locked a few months before this one was started).

I know Foley used to have an account, because on his blog from The Blast days he talks about starting threads about certain things from time to time.

EDIT: From what I've read, someone claims to have banned Foley's account for spamming during the whole "Don't Just Tell A Friend - Tell Everyone!" thing, but the person who posted was banned as well... so :P

Anywhoo, anyone know why there wasn't a podcast today? I know there wasn't one yesterday because Ann was sick, but she posted Thursday's today, but no one for Friday....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I enjoy the show, and anybody who gets really bent out of shape over needs to just relax, sure its just a bit of fun for your lunchtime :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SportRobRalphs

endasmail wrote: »
    ray foley is the man !

yes he is!!:D

Gauntlet was pretty poor today, but I think they knew that...

I wonder what they were trying to get at with the fake calls to Whiz Khalifa? Didn't get it at all.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Gauntlet was pretty poor today, but I think they knew that...

I wonder what they were trying to get at with the fake calls to Whiz Khalifa? Didn't get it at all.:confused:

I was disappointed with both segments too, only because I know they can be so good. Just one of those things I suppose, the Gauntlet can't be a classic every time!

The Wiz Khalifa thing was strange, just don't think Ann had her 'game face' on for it so Ray just abandoned it.

"It's purrrfectly acceptuble too eat a Jack-Russul!"

Best line ever. :)

(Download today's podcast if you don't get that)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 268 ✭✭overthenest

really lovin' the ray foley show at the moment, its good quick witted off the cuff fun, ann has really picked up her game and i split myself laughing at her una healy impression every time! also look forward to jp's feedback every friday!
    the reason i started back listening though is beacuse he stopped all that king of the radio nonsence and all that love the show crap since his last brutal jnlr figures but since then he has had good figures and that is why, no crap just fun!
    i used to listen to i radio but it just got sooooo boring and predictable and i believe they are loosing a mountain of listeners which is a pity cause i liked the dj's, cant see the station lasting too long though.
    have to say im enjoying anthony savage the past few weeks...:P:confused::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

i used to listen to i radio but it just got sooooo boring and predictable and i believe they are loosing a mountain of listeners which is a pity cause i liked the dj's,

Source on that iRadio comment?

I heard Ray tell Ann that Adele was coming back soon yesterday.I thought she was on Brekkie show duty?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 268 ✭✭overthenest

MrMac84 wrote: »

I heard Ray tell Ann that Adele was coming back soon yesterday.I thought she was on Brekkie show duty?

a mate of mine is a delivery man and he tells me that everywhere he goes they used to listen to i radio but they have all switched to today fm also practically all of my mates have switched over

adele is on maternity leave i think but id say they will keep ann on she is funny

jp is a bit of an unsung hero

a mate of mine is a delivery man and he tells me that everywhere he goes they used to listen to i radio but they have all switched to today fm also practically all of my mates have switched over

adele is on maternity leave i think but id say they will keep ann on she is funny

jp is a bit of an unsung hero

Adele returns next month AFAIK. Heard Ray mention it the other day. Reckon she'll be back producting the show, and both Ann and JP revert to researchers/on-air talent.

Unless there's a producer spot open on another show? I know before Adele went on maternity leave she was filling in for the Breakfast show producer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

i used to listen to i radio but it just got sooooo boring and predictable and i believe they are loosing a mountain of listeners which is a pity cause i liked the dj's, cant see the station lasting too long though.

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Suprised to see they did a podcast only bit on a Friday and who said ray can't work with kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,388 ✭✭✭ofcork

Love the bit on thursday when ray was talking about the screw from the pc it was screw you.

The podcast only stuff today was gas. And I hate kids with a passion so it must've been good for me to put up with it. :)

The podcast only bits really are excellent though. Even the ones where they're not really into it are enjoyable.

I wish they'd stop those calls. The one to Enriaue Eglasias (or however you spell it) today, while not being as bad as the one to Whiz Khalifa, was pretty bad in my opinion.

Also I love it when Nordy Eoghan is on. Nice to have him on ever so often (other than Wednesday's I mean).

On a slightly related note, does anyone remember the name of the place where he got the clear perspex boxes for storing CD's about a year back? He went on about them for a good bit of time on air.

I wish they'd stop those calls. The one to Enriaue Eglasias (or however you spell it) today, while not being as bad as the one to Whiz Khalifa, was pretty bad in my opinion.

Also I love it when Nordy Eoghan is on. Nice to have him on ever so often (other than Wednesday's I mean).

On a slightly related note, does anyone remember the name of the place where he got the clear perspex boxes for storing CD's about a year back? He went on about them for a good bit of time on air.

I actually remember that, not sure where he said though, was it Home Store & Moreor somewhere like that? Could be worth an email or tweet to the show to find out. He mentioned a book on air and I didn't catch the name so tweeted him the next time he was online that evening and he replied to me with the name and author of the book.

Jason Todd wrote: »
    I actually remember that, not sure where he said though, was it Home Store & Moreor somewhere like that? Could be worth an email or tweet to the show to find out. He mentioned a book on air and I didn't catch the name so tweeted him the next time he was online that evening and he replied to me with the name and author of the book.

Yeah, I sent off an email to the show so we'll see. He's usually pretty good about stuff like this so here's hoping. :) Shame he doesn't use Twitter any more, this'd have been the perfect thing to solve there. :P

That segment with "Dara O'Briain" flushing JP's head in the toilet was hilarious, laughed out loud in work! And the little dig they got at the D'Arcy Show was funny: "It's the D'Arcy Show, so Dara will be back in around 3 week, so I'll talk to him then..." Some funny fcukin stuff! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Two hours of Raymond foley in beautiful distilled podcast. Mental carry on.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Two hours of Raymond foley in beautiful distilled podcast. Mental carry on.

Part of me wishes they'd do that more often. The two hours today was a nice surprise, made all the better because they'd missed a few days.

Would be cool if they did a best of the week on Fridays.

Have ye noticed as well that he's started leaving in the Friday mix? Has this got something to do with what Ray was saying one of the days last week about them switching over to Soundcloud?

Advertisement