Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The mix being left in I took to be bad editing as its happened once or twice before.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    The mix being left in I took to be bad editing as its happened once or twice before.

Could be right. Or else they just reckoned there's enough talking over it that it's not worth their whiles editing it out. I emailed him once saying that he should consider putting them up on Soundcloud or Mixcloud, but he never responded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Doesnt he use mix miester too do the mix's he said one day?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Doesnt he use mix miester too do the mix's he said one day?

Most radio presenters who aren't necessarily professional DJs who put mixes together themselves for their show would use Mixmeister or software like it. What harm?

Jaysus daithi o se had a good stag by the sounds of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Think the nerves are getting to daithi on his wedding day, didn't hold back on the language. Best of luck to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I missed what he said, just heard he said the f word, gotta love live radio :p

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭timbertime

Sorry guys I missed most of last weeks shows have they mentioned where Ann is? Has she moved shows or is she out with her back injury??

timbertime wrote: »
    Sorry guys I missed most of last weeks shows have they mentioned where Ann is? Has she moved shows or is she out with her back injury??

I was wondering this myself. At first I thought she was just taking a week or two off because of her back (they talked at length about her getting tests done, etc) But then one day on the podcast I heard Ray say that "Ann is outside there somewhere." So I don't know.

That said, the lads are still doing a great job. Yesterday's show with Nordy was one of the funniest in a long time, with Nordy shouting off-mic about Ray making up the emails. :pac:

I hope she'll be back next week though.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

Usually if someone's missing and there's no acknowledgement of them being gone there's something a bit on the serious side going on, so I reckon Ann could be out sick.

They might mention it in the Podcasts.

• Advertisement

Scráib wrote: »
    Usually if someone's missing and there's no acknowledgement of them being gone there's something a bit on the serious side going on, so I reckon Ann could be out sick.

Ray said on the Podcast today that "there've been changes around here"... and that he'd tell us at a later date. Sounded ominous. :\

They ripped the unmerciful piss out of the D'Arcy show today with the "email from a listener" :pac:

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Scráib wrote: »

Ray said on the Podcast today that "there've been changes around here"... and that he'd tell us at a later date. Sounded ominous. :\

Hasn't Ann just got her psychology results and has finished the course. Maybe she has gone and got herself a job in that field!

I hope not, she's a great addition and her gauntlets are generally hilarious!! I still find myself singing her driveby song about irishrail and Ballybrophy! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

I'm intrigued now. What's going on with the changes and lack of Ann?

So let's look at what has happened the last few weeks.

Ann had issues with her back and was off for a while
    Adele was meant to be back at some point and it's the middle of the month and no sign.
    When they were on about the trip down the country ann seemed like she was excited to be going to whereever they were going.
    Ray mentioned on whatever day they put all the podcasts together, raymond mentioned Ann was "out there" and then he mentioned there were changes around here.

I may be reading too much into the whole thing or maybe ive too much time on my hands(I don't) but why would they do it ? Why ? KISS lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Stunned to hear Ray announce that Ann was diagnosed with cancer, and undergoing treatment at the moment.

Someone that understood the terminology will probably post them.

GET WELL SOON ANN!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Ann has cancer :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Genuine emotion in Foley's voice when he was saying it.

Get well soon Ann

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Get well soon Anne :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Ray is after mentioning on the show that Ann has been diagnosed with cancer and have started treatment last Thursday :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 damad1

Jesus lads unexpected or what.
    Get well soon ann.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Ann had issues with her back and was off for a while

They just said on air now, that she is not well, has been just diagnosed with non-hodgkins Lymphoma (sp??), and she started chemo last Thursday. She's still part of the team and will be back when she has recovered and feels up to it.

• Advertisement

Fúcking hell. :eek::eek:

• Subscribers Posts: 41,596 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

ann, your a 'ledge'..

get well soon and please come back :)
    our thoughts and prayers are with you.

I just heard it aswell. Jesus Christ and ray was struggling to read out whatever he had written down.

Get well soon Ann.

Wow, i wasn't expecting that at all.

Get well soon Ann.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Christ almighty, I can't believe it. Get well soon Ann, lunchtimes aren't the same without you. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Very sad to hear about Ann. Wish her well in her recovery.

Get well soon...

Funky Phone Boy Al(an Metcalfe) will be filling in for Ann while she's out. Not sure if this includes on air, but he's in charge of podcasts and stuff now.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Funky Phone Boy Al(an Metcalfe) will be filling in for Ann while she's out. Not sure if this includes on air, but he's in charge of podcasts and stuff now.

Thought he was at FM 104??Source?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,388 ✭✭✭ofcork

Did anybody hear what was the word in the ad which sounded like a curse?

Advertisement