Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

If anyone is looking to fill the void for the next couple weeks, Chris Moyles is doing daily 'Best Of' podcasts to mark the end of his tenure on Radio 1. It's nicely timed with Ray off, tbh. And, as we all know sure, Ray just rips off Moyles anyway so may as well listen to the original ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Who is filling in for him did he say? Please don't be Phil Cawley ....

Anyone that says Ray is full of himself should listen to Cawley for a few minutes.. He can't do a link without talking about himself and/or giving a 'shout out' to some of his cool biker mates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Not really I suppose, just the odd 60 hrs a week.

And who do you listen to in these 60 hours?

Sorry Mod if you think it's off topic but I have to find out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Hope it's KC & Lenny filling in, it would definitely soften the blow of no Foley (& JP?) for 2 weeks. Don't get to listen to KC enough anymore since the time-change.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Hope it's KC & Lenny filling in, it would definitely soften the blow of no Foley (& JP?) for 2 weeks. Don't get to listen to KC enough anymore since the time-change.

I heard KC say yesterday evening that he is filling in for Ray Foley

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Nice. He's the best replacement

amiable wrote: »
    I heard KC say yesterday evening that he is filling in for Ray Foley

Thank god for that!

Yup, it's KC.

Aww_Yeah_meme_Meme_Faces_s250x196_156976_580_RE_resurrection-s250x196-170614-580.png

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I think it's KC this week, and next week JP and Ann are doing it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

love KC, will be great to have Ann back, she is a trooper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Ann is back ? Ah yes good good stuff. Lads is Adelle(ray foley show member not the singer) back just not on air or is she not coming back ?

Not hearing much of Lenny? He must have been given the Alan Metcalfe role for the week. Nordy in tomorrow though so they're keeping the shape of the show together.

Can't wait to have Ann back, show wasn't the same without her it has to be said. It also means... the return of The Gauntlet! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Hey guys,

I noticed KC is on Ray Foleys slot the past couple of days and I heard Ian Dempsey mention this morning that Louise Duffy is moving in to KCs 7 - 9 evening slot...they made it sound as if it was a permanent move.

I didn't hear anything about what the plans for Ray Foley were. For the past couple of months his show has been pretty much pitiful in my opinion and his show never really fit in to the stlye of radio Today FM offers. KC is a much better lunch time option and Louise should do a good job covering the 7 - 9 evening slot.

Anyone know the real score?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

He's on holidays for 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,619 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Shame, the dole would be the best place for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

He's on holidays for 2 weeks.

Damn, was hoping the same as NIMAN :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

chris moyles has finished up now, so that means the end of the RF show as well i guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Dont know what you do be listening to, I think it's been great lately. The occasional off day but for the most part it's been great.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

KC did an excellent job this week, not that I expected anything less from him tbh.

Hope Ann is actually back next week now, have missed hearing her.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,388 ✭✭✭ofcork

I find it hard to listen when jp does it,kc is great pity he cant do next week.

• Advertisement

ofcork wrote: »
    I find it hard to listen when jp does it,kc is great pity he cant do next week.

I know what you mean, but he has improved a lot on his own since the first few times he did it. I'm sure next week will be fine, especially with Ann back. I'd actually like to see KC, JP & Ann, were those three ever on together?

Jason Todd wrote: »
    I know what you mean, but he has improved a lot on his own since the first few times he did it. I'm sure next week will be fine, especially with Ann back. I'd actually like to see KC, JP & Ann, were those three ever on together?

Don't think KC has ever done the show with JP. He filled in a few times and had Ann and maybe Adelle there - he would follow the show plan more rigidly then than he did last week.

Is Ann definately due back? KC said JP would be back this week but didn't mention Ann..

JP said she would be back on the podcast-only stuff last week! Maybe Thursday I think he said it. They went out for drinks with her one of the nights. She has a bandana to cover her hair loss I think he said. :eek: She's better now, although I don't know if she got the all clear. They were taking the mick out of 'cancer' again anyway, so I'd say she probably has. :) Will be good to have her back.

No Ann? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Don't like JP doing the show, its as if he is trying too hard. He definitely needs someone with him.

IMO The Ray Foley Show would be nothing without JP. He is the brains of the operation in there and himself and Ray work extremely well together. JP is a very funny guy and plays the sidekick role perfectly. He's excellent.

However, he just doesn't work on his own. It's like Ant and Dec. Scripted funny silly nonsense. Don't think either would work on their own though.

They should have left KC in or get someone else in with JP.

I don't think Ray works well on his own either as it happens ..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,388 ✭✭✭ofcork

I remember ray did a show or two on his own and it wasnt the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Anyone know what todays Friday extreme mashup was called? Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Welcome back ray, now sort that sh*t out now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

Looks like Foley forgot how the equipment works while on holidays. "mayo, mayo. Sam Maguires coming home to mayo!"

Advertisement