Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

:eek: That's a real shock. Not a big fan of Dempsey but he's the best on in the am so at least now I'll have something I want to listen to.

Also, they might do a couple of years there then come back to replace Dempsey.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Have they announced this themselves? Weird that today fm would confirm before they have the chance..

Fúckin sick.. Stuck with today fm at work and the lads have been giving me a laugh for years. KC will probably be the replacement but it's not the same.

Jaysus will miss them...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

In a way, I guess it'd be good to have Foley on breakfasts, cos at least then I'd have something to listen to in the mornings... but I don't want the lunchtime show to end. I don't like change. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

**** you Dublin :(

(98fm is a Dublin only station... right?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Cant see how foely n JP will deal with the 4am starts...I mean there out 4r5 times a week!!!

Betya when Ann got sick she didnt think it be the last time she was on air at Today Fm with Foley n JP

• Advertisement

Jason Todd wrote: »
    **** you Dublin :(

(98fm is a Dublin only station... right?)

Sh*t! Completely forgot that in my last post. :(:( :mad: :mad:

As if I needed another reason to hate Dublin... :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

Looks like it's true if Today fm are tweeting it, I'm actually gutted :(

Clanket wrote: »
    Also, they might do a couple of years there then come back to replace Dempsey.

I thought that's why they poached KC and Lenny off the breakfest show on RedFm in cork was to replace Ian when he left. Hopefully they take the afternoon slot when Ray and JP leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

Jaysus, this looks like a legitimate change and all. Feck! I'm really going to miss the lunchtime show, I've been listening to them for ages!

The main thing for me is the Podcasts, as long as they keep them up or bring tham back once they've found out where the coffee machine has moved to in 98fm since they left I'll be happy.

I reckon I'll be listeing to Ray over Iano in the mornings. I wonder how many Dublin-based listeners will follow suit?

He did say in the podcast when he was doing his little chat to the listeners that there was stuff happening he couldn't talk about yet IIRC...

Seriously gutted at this. I've been listening to him since early '05/late '04... :(

I'd say he's going to be VERY pissed off this leaked before he got the chance :-)

He'll be giving out yards about distilled media, the journal and boards :-)

Feck sake lads.....

• Advertisement

I think he just found out it was leaked...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

When he muttered 'feck sake lads?'

And "I'm going to miss Mumford and sons" :-)

Ya, followed by "I'll miss mumford and sons"

• Subscribers Posts: 41,596 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

That's it then I'm off to 98 until 4:30 in the afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭CONSI

Very surprised Today FM haven't kept him, they had the lunchtime/afternoon sown up. Still 98fm must have made a considerable offer.

Maybe Foley wants the morning slot so he can focus more on TV work

This going to suck. I'll have to find access to WiFi/a computer every morning now. F*ck sake. :(

CONSI wrote: »
    Very surprised Today FM haven't kept him, they had the lunchtime/afternoon sown up. Still 98fm must have made a considerable offer.

Maybe Foley wants the morning slot so he can focus more on TV work

98 is owned by DOB as well.

I think the theory that he's going over there to get grips with a Breakfast slot before eventually replacing Dempsey is a good one. He's said before he wants a breakfast slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭CONSI

Suppose people could download the 98FM app and listen on their phones

CONSI wrote: »
    Suppose people could download the 98FM app and listen on their phones

That's awkward as f*ck though, especially if your internet connection is crap for 3-4 months of the year...

• Advertisement

He'll be well impressed with the photo the independent are using :D:D

Foley_1084945t.jpg

Link
    Best wishes to Ray Foley and JP Gilbourne - leaving lunchtime Today FM for breakfast on 98FM - Can I have 'feedback'?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

****ING BULL****.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Very disappointing. Its a great show they have now and to move to a Dublin based audience only will be gutting. They make the afternoons tbh and now only the fecking Dubs will hear them. I wish them the best, but still, sad move :(

I hope they are genuinely happy about it. But someone made a good point, that maybe they are being given a few years to develop a good breakfast show to replace Iano.

Would choose Foley over Dempsey definately, but don't know if I'll get it in the car down here in the schticks.

They are wildly avoiding the subject this hour while performing car crash bad radio! Probably their highest numbers in a while waiting for an announcement and they are in a haaaaape. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Do 98 FM not realise that a sizeable percentage of people who enjoy the Ray Foley Show are young unemployed people who wont be up at that time in the morning? It would be like putting Liveline on at Mass time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I reckon they'll wait till Last minute to announce it.

And THEN bitch about the leak.

I hope they are genuinely happy about it. But someone made a good point, that maybe they are being given a few years to develop a good breakfast show to replace Iano.

Would choose Foley over Dempsey definately, but don't know if I'll get it in the car down here in the schticks.

They are wildly avoiding the subject this hour while performing car crash bad radio! Probably their highest numbers in a while waiting for an announcement and they are in a haaaaape. :D

Ah we'll have to give them a pass for this hour. I reckon they weren't expecting it to break so soon, and are now being bombarded with texts and emails about it. (and those are just mine! :pac:)

I hope it's what they want, and I do wish them every success with it. But **** I'm going to miss them. Will likely only ever rarely hear the show live again once they leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Pacly

I would've thought the majority of people who listened to them were from the country and not dublin... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Maybe when KC moves to foley's spot it might mean than tony bloody fenton and his stupid cockney rhyming slang(you're from dublin tony FFS), and his obsession with certain artists will go. He's had long enough in fairness.

Wait what about Ann ? Those this mean no more gauntlet ? No more PC gold ? No more feedback ? :(:(:mad::(

Well done DOB for making a popular national DJ move to a dublin based station. You idiot.

• Advertisement

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Ah we'll have to give them a pass for this hour. I reckon they weren't expecting it to break so soon, and are now being bombarded with texts and emails about it. (and those are just mine! :pac:)

I hope it's what they want, and I do wish them every success with it. But **** I'm going to miss them. Will likely only ever rarely hear the show live again once they leave.

Ha, no doubt about giving them a pass. It's funny to hear them all over the place and pretending that nothing is wrong.

"Hey Ray Ray Ray, did you see this story? What story JP? This story. Oh THAT story? Yeah, the one about the guy and the smoke alarms .... :D"

wnolan try to get through there for the Friday faceoff and make his life hell :D

Advertisement