Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Ah we'll have to give them a pass for this hour. I reckon they weren't expecting it to break so soon, and are now being bombarded with texts and emails about it. (and those are just mine! :pac:)

I hope it's what they want, and I do wish them every success with it. But **** I'm going to miss them. Will likely only ever rarely hear the show live again once they leave.

I agree if they are moving of their own doing then I'll miss the afternoons as they are brilliant but best of luck to both of them. I'd hate if they are being forced to move.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Maybe when KC moves to foley's spot it might mean than tony bloody fenton and his stupid cockney rhyming slang(you're from dublin tony FFS), and his obsession with certain artists will go. He's had long enough in fairness.

Wait what about Ann ? Those this mean no more gauntlet ? No more PC gold ? No more feedback ? :(:(:mad::(

Well done DOB for making a popular national DJ move to a dublin based station. You idiot.

And Nordy?! They better still play a role in the show... I mean, the format of Foley's show as is would fit well enough into a breakfast slot with only minor alterations IMO, so they shouldn't go f*cking it up.

Gotta love the sly references to it though. "This is the Ray Foley Show, and it IS on Today FM." just before the news. :pac:

:(

As good as a confirmation just there. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

I am delighted, only because it means I will be able to listen live again every day.

The podcast may be sad today:( The shows facebook page has a theme to it and who knew so many foley show listeners are from wexford ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Are they leaving Today FM?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

I reckon there could be a belter of a final line in the outro's today ;):p

amiable wrote: »
    Are they leaving Today FM?

yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

Ah I missed that. what did he say?

I AM GUTTED!!!! :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Yay, he said "Hopefully it's not forever"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Well there it is :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

f*ck it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭MacGyver

what about ann ?

:(:(

This is sh*t.

Just sh*t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

"hopefully it's not forever" translates as being loaned out to 98FM, and will come back to replace Dempsey in due course if their numbers are good on Breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Well there it is :(

Fúck sake ..... Good luck Foley & JP.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

Its like being in the middle of a divorce.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

"There's so much we didn't get to do over the last 6 years"
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Gutted. He almost started choking up there I think. Bastard had a lump in my throat.

Love the show. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭CONSI

Could make or break them, depends how long they are on 98fm for, it is not a national station so will the national airwaves want them back in a few years or will someone else have come along

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Going to miss Ray and JP from lunchtimes.

I hope they are a massive success on 98FM, Dempsey is the only half decent music breakfast show and he needs some decent competition.

"There's so much we didn't get to do over the last 6 years"
    :pac:

I LOL'd. :)

I'm still in shock here. Totally didn't expect this at all, especially since the show has gotten (IMO) better and better over the last few months.

Hope they keep up the podcasts once they move.

Well if nothing else the downloads of the 98fm app will go up a bit. I checked and there is a podcast section which is promising.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

Hold on, was today the last show? Surely they'd not annouce it on the same day they're finishing up!?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Naah, few weeks left..

Please please please please please please don't bring Cawley back to the afternoons Today FM

please...

Scráib wrote: »
    Hold on, was today the last show? Surely they'd not annouce it on the same day they're finishing up!?

No, there're a few weeks left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Please please please please please please don't bring Cawley back to the afternoons Today FM

please...

Even worse, Tony Fenton taking over from 12pm until 4:30 pm :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,340 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Pacly wrote: »
    I would've thought the majority of people who listened to them were from the country and not dublin... :(

Always felt Foley's show was more popular "out the country" so to speak rather than in Dublin. Certainly seemed like 90% of the callers to the show were from outside Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

My work day is going to be a lot longer now. In a state of disbelief here...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

Clanket wrote: »
    Even worse, Tony Fenton taking over from 12pm until 4:30 pm :mad:

God no...

Advertisement