Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I used to travel a bit with work so used to like listening to him then. He'll be hard to replace but please god dont let it be Phil Cawley

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

What time does 98 have their breakfast show on at?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    What time does 98 have their breakfast show on at?

Currently 6am-10am, like the majority of regionals/locals.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Currently 6am-10am, like the majority of regionals/locals.

I'll get the middle of it so.

Havent listened to a regional breakfast show since Colm and Jim Jim left 104. Tried them on 2fm but they were crap so Today FM was my listening for the whole day and has been up until this news.

Just once the podcasts dont die off over time I'll be happy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Sierra 117

SDTimeout wrote: »
    No they're not unfortunately.

Well balls. Definitely no Ann then. In my opinion, she's an essential part of the show alongside Ray and JP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭buster180

Sierra 117 wrote: »
    Well balls. Definitely no Ann then. In my opinion, she's an essential part of the show alongside Ray and JP.

Have to disagree the show has improved since she has been out sick. Also as a bonus we don’t have to listen to that fake laugh.

Gutted that they are moving, will listen to them on 98 and then the Ipod until Moncrieff come’s on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭Cookie Policy

Sierra 117 wrote: »
    As long as the podcasts continue, I'm happy. It won't be the same without Ann though. I doubt there's any chance she'll be moving with them.

Are Today FM and 98 in the same building?

Nah, 98FM & SPIN 1038 are in The Malt House.

And far as I know, Today FM, Phantom & Newstalk are in Diggs Lane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

still gutted.....Any source on that Galway Bay jock gettin the slot?I Really hope its KC n Lenny tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Good riddens, I hated hate his show, the sound of his voice is enough to make me switch the station

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Who will replace his lunchtime slot? Don't let Phil in Cawley anywhere near it, he's brutal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

MJ23 wrote: »
    Who will replace his lunchtime slot? Don't let Phil in Cawley anywhere near it, he's brutal.

Hopefully it will be KC & Lenny.

It won't just be Ray & JP I'll miss though, it'll be the segments, The Gauntlet, Foley's Brain Tickler, Feedback, Ann's Una Healy bit, the mix on a Friday... even Lazy Radio (although I could take or leave that) Foley's Friday Faceoff etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,388 ✭✭✭ofcork

My work day is going to feel a lot longer now,the 2.5hrs just flew when ray and co were on sign of a good dj,will be missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

Pity, it was really the only reason I willingly listened to TodayFM (as opposed to being forced to listen to it because someone else had it on). Not in Dublin so won't be tuning into 98FM. Generally I'm a fan of 'more music, less talk' radio but Foley and JP would be one of very few exceptions to this rule.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Hopefully it will be KC & Lenny.

It won't just be Ray & JP I'll miss though, it'll be the segments, The Gauntlet, Foley's Brain Tickler, Feedback, Ann's Una Healy bit, the mix on a Friday... even Lazy Radio (although I could take or leave that) Foley's Friday Faceoff etc.

I think Ray made some indication in yesterdays podcast that some segments will be taken with them to 98. I forgot about Ann's Una Healy bit, that had me in tears laughing on more then one occasion, I guess that's one that won't be going with them unfortunately if Ann isn't making the trip with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Jesus ya "una Saturdays" will be no more. That was some superb radio by ms gleeson.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Insider96

<Snip>

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I would please ask people, representing a station or otherwise, not to post discussing particular details of a stations inner workings where it is confidential.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Have renamed myself aftermy favourite ever radio feature :D

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

buster180 wrote: »
    Have to disagree the show has improved since she has been out sick. Also as a bonus we don’t have to listen to that fake laugh.

You should be ashamed of yourself. That girl is out genuinely ill and you still have to come on as a keyboard warrior saying nasty things.

Fair enough if she'd done something wrong to people, but your gripe with her is what, the tone of her laugh?

I wonder would you walk up to her in person and tell her you're glad she's ill because the bonus is you dont have to listen to her laugh?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Thumpette wrote: »
    You should be ashamed of yourself. That girl is out genuinely ill and you still have to come on as a keyboard warrior saying nasty things.

Fair enough if she'd done something wrong to people, but your gripe with her is what, the tone of her laugh?

I wonder would you walk up to her in person and tell her you're glad she's ill because the bonus is you dont have to listen to her laugh?

Eh, I don't think he said anything about being "glad she's ill", he simply suggested that the show was better without her .. much as you might not agree with his opinion (I don't), he's still entitled to it.

Frankly, you come across more as the "keyboard warrior" by twisting buster180's words by suggesting he's having a pop at her because of her illness. I don't think he was... moreover, he didn't like listening to her because of the tone of her laugh ... which IS relevant by the way,- all we have of her is sound, and if she's got an annoying laugh, that'll stand out all the more on radio.

Back on topic, I'm sorry and a little puzzled to see the lads leave the show they're on. It's seemed the only way was up for them after being very successful with the show and increasing their listenership of late. That said, I can understand the reasons for doing it and I think it'll potentially be a massive boost for 98FM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Itzy wrote: »
    I would please ask people, representing a station or otherwise, not to post discussing particular details of a stations inner workings where it is confidential.

I would ask people to ignore that advice; I love gossip! Any inside news, please share.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I would ask people to ignore that advice; I love gossip! Any inside news, please share.

As Itzy is the moderator here, I wouldn't suggest anyone ignore his 'advice', as you put it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Just heard the news. Not really surprised as the show has gone stale lately. The show is missing something without Ann or Edel. That "does foley know" thing has to be the most annoying segment on the show. Feedback and DJ Jayo are the only consistently good parts of the show.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 268 ✭✭overthenest

the fact that 98fm is owned by the same company as today fm probably means that they will in turn be back to today fm to replace dempsey at some stage, i know the lads were mad to do breakfast and im sure they have been offered a lot more money to move, however they must be a bit pissed off that they will loose a massive national listnership to go on a regional radio station, i mean they spend their time slagging off regional radio stations. i think it was an ownership thing as ray and jp are the last hope for 98fm as it is a radio station dying on its feet, overall bad move i think, plus how is foley going to get up at 4am???? personally i will miss friday night with JP (i know JP goes on here quite a bit, so maybe u can do the same thing on 98fm???)

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭buster180

Thumpette wrote: »

Show me where I said anything about her illness please. I just said the show is better without her and her laugh gets on my tits.
    If you can call that a keyboard warrior you would want to get out a bit more into the real world.

buster180 wrote: »
    Show me where I said anything about her illness please. I just said the show is better without her and her laugh gets on my tits.
    If you can call that a keyboard warrior you would want to get out a bit more into the real world.

cut it out lads, lets just all hope ann will be better soon

this new move is really gonna stifle any chance JP had of picking up a lady as he will have to be in bed by 8pm....

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Pretty annoyed about this, gonna miss the lads, been following them since they were on the 10pm-12 slot years ago, guess I'll be switching over to 98fm in the mornings now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Could be wrong, but I think Ray was genuinely touched by the slew of emails in the podcast today. When JP was about half way through he kinda said "Ah for **** sake..." and moved away from the mic. :)

In a way, I'm looking forward to the next few weeks, I can imagine he's going to be messing with Sineád Spain a lot over the next few weeks. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Flange/Flanders

The thing I love about Foley is how he doesnt take himself too seriously. Like the messing he gets up to, the pretend swearing on air, the occasional interrupting of the news readers or maybe talking over ads, the pretend flirting with Laura Byrne (I know long gone), the taking the piss out of himself and JP and the being late for the news and the likes. Not to mention the features, I loved friday afternoons, especially when the lads were uber hungover and not afraid of hiding it!!

I'm from the wesht so I may have to download the 98 app tho I do love Dempsey so I may be switching over and back....I will really miss them in the afternoon. Think someone said it in another thread but I wouldnt mind giving Dermot and Dave a try, either them or KC and LEnny.

Advertisement