Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Just listened to the podcast only bit. Jesus they will be reading e-mails like that everyday until they leave. They can try and hide it but I think they might get emotional near the end.

What is JP doing getting up at six in the morning on only four hours sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Was that voicemail from Paul Collins real? :eek:

Hilarious if it was!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

If they replace Ray and JP with Phil Cauley I will cry. Be happy enough with KC but I dont find that lenny fella all that entertaining though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Was that voicemail from Paul Collins real? :eek:

Hilarious if it was!

Could be PC taking the piss, was quare funny though alright!

• Advertisement

Can Paul Collins go with ray and JP to 98fm ? I'm not sure if it was real but I wouldn't put it past him to be real.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

What was the song Ray just played? He said he watched the video 4 times in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

siblers wrote: »
    What was the song Ray just played? He said he watched the video 4 times in a row.

Was it "Sometimes" by Sounds of Guns?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,897 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Was it "Sometimes" by Sounds of Guns?
    Yeah, it was used on that stunt biker's vid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

What did paul Collins say today?I missed part of the show?Still GUTTED the lads are moving.I dont get too listening too the podcasts but are there that many emails from pissed off people there moving too regional?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

They deftly avoided the Ann question on today's podcast. Doubt she'll play any role in the new show. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Will we be getting a new thread with the move or will it still be this one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Whats with the horrendous sound quality in the podcast?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

gnfnrhead wrote: »

Don't see why we would need a new one. Still the same show!

gnfnrhead wrote: »

DIBS ON STARTING IT! :pac:

Probably would make sense to start a new thread though, and consign this one to the archives. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

I met a fella once who works in radio who told me that some DJs come accross as sound on the radio but are arses in real life (think for a bit and you'll figure out who!). Foley on the other hand pretends to be an arse on air but he's actually sound in real life.

I'd believe it. I was in the pit in Oxegen in 2010, (actually at the same time Bressie was thrown out of the pit for moshing at the Foos, I was right beside it) and when Foley et al were leaving I copped him so I tapped him on the shoulder and said 'Spotted'. He stopped, turned to me, and replied 'Just sayin'!' before walking on.

Oddly enough t'was seeing himself and not the Foos that made the whole day!

(On a side note, day passes to Oxegen are the way to go)

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Colonel Kurtz

Good riddance! Foley and co. always remind of those really annoying DJ twerps on The Simpsons. (Bill & Marty, or something like that!) Too smug for their own good, and not remotely as funny as they like to think. No doubt the replacement(s) will be equally irritating, but least it will take a while for that to kick in.

If only Today FM could clone Paul McLoone!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭TheTwiz

Good riddance! Foley and co. always remind of those really annoying DJ twerps on The Simpsons. (Bill & Marty, or something like that!) Too smug for their own good, and not remotely as funny as they like to think. No doubt the replacement(s) will be equally irritating, but least it will take a while for that to kick in.

Foley & Co come off anything but smug. They're incredibly self deprecating & take the piss out of themselves. Foley calling himself fat saying yesterday theyve 1 lisenter, reading out the non positive comments in Facebook about them. Is that your definition of smug?

Paul McLoone is dreadful. "Nay I've a bit of a trate for you nay. Day Undertones with Teenage Kicks" ... Awful stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

No doubt the replacement(s) will be equally irritating, but least it will take a while for that to kick in.

You sound like a really positive guy :D
    TheTwiz wrote: »
    Foley & Co come off anything but smug. They're incredibly self deprecating & take the piss out of themselves. Foley calling himself fat saying yesterday theyve 1 lisenter, reading out the non positive comments in Facebook about them. Is that your definition of smug?

Paul McLoone is dreadful. "Nay I've a bit of a trate for you nay. Day Undertones with Teenage Kicks" ... Awful stuff.

This

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Bungarra

What?! They're leaving?:( I'm about two weeks behind in the podcasts... It gets me through long drives and the boring parts of work like nothing else can. Is it just the two? Nordy, Anne? They're great too! Hope they'll be podcasting they're new stuff... :eek:
    Just today i pilfered some of JPs gold "the closest I've got to a date lately is when I stood on that fig the other day"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

I was actually going to text in the other day and suggest they bring back old skits and features before they go and maybe play some of the best Gauntlets and then today they played 'Eh, Yeah, Ok!' Nice one! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

What does the move mean for poor Ann?

zuroph wrote: »
    What does the move mean for poor Ann?

I imagine Ann will be working on whatever show replaces Foley. Ditto for Adele.

Nordy on the other hand might double job between Today FM and 98, given that he isn't technically an employee AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Can anyone tell me what happened Adele?

She still works there but not on air??

youngblood wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what happened Adele?

She still works there but not on air??

She's either still on maternity leave or she's working on another show now.

She was on air yesterday I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

Can't see why Adelle would go with them to 98fm, I presume the 98fm breakfast show will be retaining its existing producer, despite the presenters changing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Niles wrote: »
    Can't see why Adelle would go with them to 98fm, I presume the 98fm breakfast show will be retaining its existing producer, despite the presenters changing.

I dunno, a producer needs to be completely in-sync with the presenters and want they want to do (especially for personality-centric radio). It's a big deal, even if we don't hear much about what they actually do.

So they may want to work with their own people and would probably have the clout to request as much if they did, since they're the flagship of the station now. Depends on a number of factors but it's by no means a given that the old producers would stay on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

wnolan1992 wrote: »

They talked about her a few weeks ago on the podcast. Someone mentioned her in an email asking where was she, Foley (jokingly) said she was probably off getting preggers again. :D

wnolan1992 wrote: »

What time was she on ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Cerulean Chicken

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    What time was she on ?

Just before 2pm news.

Advertisement