Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I loved hearn "Ah Ya Ok" again today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Is it just me, or have they got zero content prepared for their last few weeks! :eek:

Still funny and better than most lunchtime radio shows! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Is it just me, or have they got zero content prepared for their last few weeks! :eek:

Still funny and better than most lunchtime radio shows! :D

I know they joked on the podcast one day that they were saving all the good stuff for 98 (in a kind of a "that's not actually what we're doing, we've actually just go no material" kind of way) but I'm starting to think they've just checked out and are planning stuff for the new show as well as planning for their last few shows on Today FM and don't really care about these few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I do like that they're bringing back old stuff like eh yeah ok though :)

I do like that they're bringing back old stuff like eh yeah ok though :)

Ditto.

I want them to bring back The Big Game.

"Ok, the time starts now... So how're you caller? Any news?"
    "IT'S AGAINST THE CLOCK!!"
    "Going anywhere nice on holidays?"
    "IT'S AGAINST THE CLOCK COME ON!!!"
    "Ok. Question one. Where-"
    *siren*
    "Aw! We're out of time... but we'll give you the prizes anyway!"

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

"What are they gonna do?

FIRE US?"

haha nice little running joke getting going there

That Mumford and Sons bit at the start was bloody hilarious. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,388 ✭✭✭ofcork

That was class what about the caller who asked them to sing i will in my fcuk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

ofcork wrote: »
    That was class what about the caller who asked them to sing i will in my fcuk!

What, that he cursed on air? Hurrrrrrlarious

Ray and JP handled it well though, I hate hearing people curse on air, throws the flow of the show off but the lads were able to make it funny, letting on they were taking his number down and passing it on to the radio watchdog or whatever. (I forget the official name :o)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

The radio watchdog for media broadcasting society? (Or whatever yer wan says :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

leggo wrote: »
    The radio watchdog for media brrrroadcasting society? (Or whatever yer wan says :pac:)

FYP. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Velocity_Girl

Ray and JP handled it well though, I hate hearing people curse on air, throws the flow of the show off but the lads were able to make it funny, letting on they were taking his number down and passing it on to the radio watchdog or whatever. (I forget the official name :o)

I was watching on the webcam when that happened and Ray did take the guys number down....not sure what he was going to do with it though! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

leggo wrote: »
    The radio watchdog for media broadcasting society? (Or whatever yer wan says :pac:)

I'd just like to let you know I'm reporting you and your stupid ignorant show to the, eh, watchdog on discrimination in media b-b-broadcasting society.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Obrieski

That feedback was excellent! Worth listening to the podcast later for that alone!

Obrieski wrote: »
    That feedback was excellent! Worth listening to the podcast later for that alone!

If it is that good, then no spoilers please everyone! :)

Solar Taxi are very good! He was being fairly shifty about his houseguest from Waterford... I have a theory! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

feedback was top class, so was 'banter' with nathan murphy? after the 2pm news. ''lads ye really have run out of things to talk about''

Solar Taxi are very good! He was being fairly shifty about his houseguest from Waterford... I have a theory! :D

Do Share¬

Do Share¬

Finally someone asked me!! :p:p:p

He mentioned the 'houseguest' a couple of times, then when talking to Solar Taxi he asked them about the merger of Waterford City and County Councils because he had been told about it by his houseguest 'Mary' who lives in Waterford, but stopped himself then.

I'm not sure if he stopped because he didn't want to say too much about 'Mary' or if he realized he was babbling and it wasn't good radio?!

Putting my detective hat on for a minute, this is what I have deduced...
    (just a bit of fun, before anyone thinks I'm a looper :D)

- I reckon 'Mary' is Mary O'Neill, part of a highly successful regional Breakfast show with two other male presenters for the last few years on Beat FM 102-103 in Waterford

- The breakfast show was very similar in tone to what Foley & Co. do at lunchtime and Mary was very good at what she did, and also had a solo cultural radio show spot on Sunday mornings and read the news

- Mary has recently left her job at Beat 102-103 baffling everyone as she (and the show) was so popular in the South East

- Foley said in an old podcast that he often had the craic with the Beat Breakfast crew at events like Oxigen etc, especially Mary iirc

- Open to correction by Nolan here but he did say Ann and Adele wouldn't be coming with the lads

My theory is Mary with her experience as a trio at breakfast will join Ray and JP as their producer at 98fm with an on-air role and that she was a houseguest of Ray so they could have a chat in person about what the new show will entail etc etc.

:D:D I'll laugh if it actually happens now though!

/takes tinfoil hat off

• Advertisement

Finally someone asked me!! :p:p:p

He mentioned the 'houseguest' a couple of times, then when talking to Solar Taxi he asked them about the merger of Waterford City and County Councils because he had been told about it by his houseguest 'Mary' who lives in Waterford, but stopped himself then.

I'm not sure if he stopped because he didn't want to say too much about 'Mary' or if he realized he was babbling and it wasn't good radio?!

Putting my detective hat on for a minute, this is what I have deduced...
    (just a bit of fun, before anyone thinks I'm a looper :D)

- I reckon 'Mary' is Mary O'Neill, part of a highly successful regional Breakfast show with two other male presenters for the last few years on Beat FM 102-103 in Waterford

- The breakfast show was very similar in tone to what Foley & Co. do at lunchtime and Mary was very good at what she did, and also had a solo cultural radio show spot on Sunday mornings and read the news

- Mary has recently left her job at Beat 102-103 baffling everyone as she (and the show) was so popular in the South East

- Foley said in an old podcast that he often had the craic with the Beat Breakfast crew at events like Oxigen etc, especially Mary iirc

- Open to correction by Nolan here but he did say Ann and Adele wouldn't be coming with the lads

My theory is Mary with her experience as a trio at breakfast will join Ray and JP as their producer at 98fm with an on-air role and that she was a houseguest of Ray so they could have a chat in person about what the new show will entail etc etc.

:D:D I'll laugh if it actually happens now though!

/takes tinfoil hat off

That's either:

a). actually one of the most insightful and well thought out posts I've read in a long time

OR

b). someone with WAY too much time on his hands to think about stuff like this...

:P :P :P

But you're right, pretty sure Adele and Ann won't be joining them (they steadfastly refuse to answer when listeners emails ask), so this is a real possibility.

Let's hope if it is true that she'll play a role on air as well. I love shows where the producers are on air as well.

I'd like to think its option a! :D

It's funny though, the 2 male presenters Niall & Vinny divide opinion the same way Ray and JP divide option, people either love them or think they're plonked but Mary was nearly universally liked, she reigned the boys in like Adele did with Ray n JP but was much more able to have the craic with them too like Ann did!

I think she'd be a great addition, I loved her Sunday morning show! She'd definitely 'fit in' with the lads, I just wonder would she suit a Dublin audience, she knows her stuff but the breakfast show worked because one was Waterford, one from Wexford and she's from Kilkenny and a lot of their 'shtick' revolved around the rivalry. Wait and see I suppose!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Mary left to work with WLR FM News, which she is at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

Funny, the Beat Breakfast and the Ray Foley show are just about the only shows I bother to tune into these days. I agree Mary O'Neill would be a good fit with Foley and JP, though I don't think this is likely; as Sully pointed out she has recently taken up a position with WLR.

9 shows left before they leave JP said on today's podcast. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Is jp's almost live show on Friday nights finishing up too

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

swiftman wrote: »
    feedback was top class, so was 'banter' with nathan murphy? after the 2pm news. ''lads ye really have run out of things to talk about''

I don't hear the similarity that ray hears between NGK and Nathan murphys voices.

9 shows left before they leave JP said on today's podcast. :(

so this week and then next week?

I take it there off the monday of the long weekend?

Onoy 2 more feedback's & 2 more DJ Jayos!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I don't hear the similarity that ray hears between NGK and Nathan murphys voices.

I sorta do but not all that much. Wouldn't have even considered it had Ray not brought it up.

• Advertisement

so this week and then next week?

I take it there off the monday of the long weekend?

Onoy 2 more feedback's & 2 more DJ Jayos!

Exactly, he said 10 but corrected himself and said 9 because of the bank holiday!
    gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I sorta do but not all that much. Wouldn't have even considered it had Ray not brought it up.

Same here, I can see where he's coming from but it's not identical and I never actually heard it myself until he pointed it out!

Advertisement