Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

That 'murmur' bit was hilarious. JP is so quick-witted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Jason Todd wrote: »
    That 'murmur' bit was hilarious. JP is so quick-witted!

Was brilliant. murmur, murmur, murmur "JP is the brains of the show" :pac::pac:

Well, who filled out the form for the Live Lunch? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Yep, I'm in. Love to get picked. Hope I can get the day off if I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

What date is he starting on 98?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

St. Jimmy wrote: »
    What date is he starting on 98?

Well KC is starting on the 12th of November. And ray and JP last show is this day week which is the 2nd so near enough the twelfth I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Ray said on a podcast that he wanted to take a week away with Kate before he started on 98, so I'm guessing the 12th or the 19th. Probably the 12th though.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭smaoifs

Ray is finishing on today fm Friday 2nd so maybe his week off will be 5th to 9th November and he'll start on 98 on the 12th. They might have Phil on for a week between Ray finishing and KC starting.
    wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Ray said on a podcast that he wanted to take a week away with Kate before he started on 98, so I'm guessing the 12th or the 19th. Probably the 12th though.

THE FLUTE OF TRUTH! :D:D:D

Who do you think he was talking about when he was talking about the dosser? :D

Probably someone who isn't on air though.

• Advertisement

I've just realised even though I have a post earlier today pointing it out, that this time tomorrow week the ray foley show from 12-2.30 on todayfm will cease to exist. :(:(

Up 12,000 listeners year on year. Nice presents for the lads to leave TodayFm

Great base for KC to build on now. Would imagine KC will be more popular with the Dublin audience, while still maintaining a lot of the listeners Foley has brought in.

Nice for the lads to leave on a high too. What do they have? 170,000?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

A mashup of Ghostbusters and Gangnam Style, brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,897 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Niles wrote: »
    They played that on the podcast about a week and a half back alright.. tis great!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

Foley dropped a serious f–bomb there. He has to have know he was on air. Why start the link off the air?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭stannis

Niles wrote: »

They've been doing that for a few weeks now, it's good alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Thought today's show was pretty rubbish, they've been on fire for the last few weeks but today just seemed awfully messy. Interviews with the 3 comedians were pretty dull too

siblers wrote: »
    Thought today's show was pretty rubbish, they've been on fire for the last few weeks but today just seemed awfully messy. Interviews with the 3 comedians were pretty dull too

Agreed, also thought it was odd he had no control over the links/sound effects/ music etc. Made for a disjointed and messy show. The Rich Hall interview was bad but Ray said himself he knew why and that they should have had him on earlier, and I'd agree.

The f bomb was a strange one, was he really fcuking Phil out of it, I only half heard it?

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Agreed, also thought it was odd he had no control over the links/sound effects/ music etc. Made for a disjointed and messy show.

The joys of OB's. :(

Didn't hear the full show, but I found the part where they were like "Play the song, no wait! The ads Phil! The ads!... No, wait. Play Lykke Li! Ah forget it it's too late now, play the ads." followed by silence as if Phil was pissed was funny. Stopped listening after that though.

First hour was very meh tbh. Carl Spain is dull at the best of times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

The joys of OB's. :(

Didn't hear the full show, but I found the part where they were like "Play the song, no wait! The ads Phil! The ads!... No, wait. Play Lykke Li! Ah forget it it's too late now, play the ads." followed by silence as if Phil was pissed was funny. Stopped listening after that though.

First hour was very meh tbh. Carl Spain is dull at the best of times.

Yeah the bit with the ad was funny, as for the F Bomb I initially thought it was a joke, but he did seem pissed off with Phil though.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭WaltKowalski

Who in Today FM does JP fancy?? :p

Who in Today FM does JP fancy?? :p

Shorter answer is who doesn't JP fancy in todayfm ? If anyone remembers the show where they were asking "Siri" questions and a certain show presenters name came up involving emailing.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Macca3000

Do you get the sense Ray was "pushed" into 98 job rather than choosing to go himself? He has a very devil may care attitude the last few days. He makes a few not so subtle asides, dropping the f bomb today and openly criticizing other today fm staff.

I'm not complaining, it makes it fun but its just sad if he was made go. I'll only be able to get the podcasts, if he keeps them up, when he goes.

Macca3000 wrote: »
    Do you get the sense Ray was "pushed" into 98 job rather than choosing to go himself? He has a very devil may care attitude the last few days. He makes a few not so subtle asides, dropping the f bomb today and openly criticizing other today fm staff.

I'm not complaining, it makes it fun but its just sad if he was made go. I'll only be able to get the podcasts, if he keeps them up, when he goes.
    Well on the podcast yesterday they rang Ann and said they were in "can't be arsed mode"

But ray did make some some good points as to why moving was a good thing in the podcast. One of which included his new addition to his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Fallen waaaay behind on the podcasts so havent heard much the past few weeks. Cant say I blame Ray for not being bothered anymore. Why would anyone want to go from Today FM to 98? Thats like going from Man United to Oldham. Nowhere near the same level.

I know he wants to do breakfast, but I doubt this is how he wanted to do it. I reckon he wanted to replace Dempsey in the next few years but was pushed into going to 98 instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Macca3000

Ye I really need to catch up on the podcasts.

I suppose the "can't be arsed mode" is inevitable. We all do it lol. Awh Im just gonna miss them, helping me get through the day :(

Ann will be on the show next Friday according to the phone convo yesterday. Even after all she has been through Ann sounded like she always did on air which is great to hear.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Ann will be on the show next Friday according to the phone convo yesterday. Even after all she has been through Ann sounded like she always did on air which is great to hear.

Indeed. Great to hear her in great form and making jokes. :)

Hope they get everyone who's ever worked on the show in for the last show. Maybe play out a few best bits and like, with a belter of a mix, lazy radio, feedback and Jayo.

As for whether he was pushed... I'm not sure. I think he was faced with a choice:

1) Stay on lunchtimes at Today FM for another five or six years until Dempsey retires, then try and cut his teeth at breakfast.

2) Go to 98 now, lose the national audience, but be able to get a decent breakfast show put together, and gaining time with his son.

He's said on the podcast that they could've just stayed on Lunchtime for a few more years, but that they wanted a new challenge and to keep things fresh, and tbh I'm inclined to believe that that was the main factor in the move.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Indeed. Great to hear her in great form and making jokes. :)

Hope they get everyone who's ever worked on the show in for the last show. Maybe play out a few best bits and like, with a belter of a mix, lazy radio, feedback and Jayo.

I hope they talk about the time JP called the child a bastard on the blast... I love that story! Hilarious!

Advertisement