Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

God bless webcams and raymond mark nicholas foley the third.

And who can forget this absolute gem.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

That I believe video is great. The big serious head on JP and Foleys hand gestures!

Listened to the bitches box of ****e clip and you can really hear how they improved over the years.

I hope the lads are happy tonight and excited about finishing and starting fresh. Unlike us lot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Yeah, not looking forward to tomorrow in a way. I'm still gutted they're leaving. My lunchtimes won't be the same. Really hope it's a good send off for them, hope the show is worthy of the occasion if ye know what I mean.

I hope JP has done that thing where he goes around Today FM interviewing all the other jocks like he does on Ray's birthday. A funny send off message from all of them would be good.

I gave a listen to 98fm today online, it's ok, can see how they will fit in but elevate it at the same time.

On another note, I'm surprised not one of us regular posters here got an invite to the last show. None of the people they called seemed to have the same enthusiasm for the show we have, or at least it came across like that. In my application I told them I was a regular contributor here, I'm sure they still have a peek at boards every now and again.

Sierra 117 wrote: »
    Ray and JP are starting on 98 the week after next, right?

Yeah, Monday week I think. That's when KC is starting at lunchtimes anyway. KC got good mileage out of the fact he is leaving behind a show that is only months old tonight! Was his last KC At Night gig tonight. He has a week off next week by the looks of things, (as does D'Arcy) so it'll probably be Anton in for Ray and Phil Cawley in for Foley next week. :(

• Advertisement

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Yeah, not looking forward to tomorrow in a way. I'm still gutted they're leaving. My lunchtimes won't be the same. Really hope it's a good send off for them, hope the show is worthy of the occasion if ye know what I mean.

I hope JP has done that thing where he goes around Today FM interviewing all the other jocks like he does on Ray's birthday. A funny send off message from all of them would be good.

I gave a listen to 98fm today online, it's ok, can see how they will fit in but elevate it at the same time.

On another note, I'm surprised not one of us regular posters here got an invite to the last show. None of the people they called seemed to have the same enthusiasm for the show we have, or at least it came across like that. In my application I told them I was a regular contributor here, I'm sure they still have a peek at boards every now and again.

I have a funny feeling that the whole thing is going to be very low key. Don't know why, but it's just the impression I get from the past while.

Could be very wrong though, considering it is Foley we're talking about.

_feedback_ wrote: »
    I have a funny feeling that the whole thing is going to be very low key. Don't know why, but it's just the impression I get from the past while.

I hope it's not low-key, show deserves a massive send off imo. I'll really miss the build up he gives the Friday mix, (the classical bit of music that they use on X factor too) and all that, really gets me geared up for the weekend, I'm hoping the whole show will have a flavour of that, without the messiness his OB's sometimes have. With a smallish crowd it shouldn't be too bad!

_feedback_ wrote: »

They will only be doing the live lunch from one to two. So they will be back in studio for the end which is good. I hope it goes well, I really do. They deserve to go out on a high as IMO they have left the spot they took over in far better shape then when they got it.

They have been low key but they mentioned that they told to stop mentioning the move.

Jesus what will we do. I didn't listen to Chris Moyles that much live but watched alot of the live video feed on the net and I think it will similiar stuff tomorrow, as it was for his last gig with the texts and tweets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Wonder what song they have picked to be the last one tomorrow.

I'm slightly embarrassed that I know this but I can actually remember what they had on as their last song when they finished the blast, It was Oasis with Don't Look Back in Anger. My money is on that tomorrow :)

I'm slightly embarrassed that I know this but I can actually remember what they had on as their last song when they finished the blast, It was Oasis with Don't Look Back in Anger. My money is on that tomorrow :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Just listened back to last Friday's show (the part where he said "f*ck" on air), I think he was genuinely pissed off with the sound guy...

Poor lad sounded terrified when Foley was giving out to him on air. :\

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Just listened back to last Friday's show (the part where he said "f*ck" on air), I think he was genuinely pissed off with the sound guy...

That guy isn't phil cawley I don't think as I remember the webcams being on when they were doing a live lunch and some lad was sitting in the studio and they did say "phil", so it wasn't Iano Jr.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Not sure if I can bring myself to listen in tomorrow. :(

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    That guy isn't phil cawley I don't think as I remember the webcams being on when they were doing a live lunch and some lad was sitting in the studio and they did say "phil", so it wasn't Iano Jr.

Definitely not Cawley, they called him Philip and he sounded really young. He said he'd been on The Sunday Business Show once before.
    Not sure if I can bring myself to listen in tomorrow. :(

Me either. :(

I'm writing one last podcast email (yes, another one :P) and I'm genuinely tearing up. I'm seriously going to miss the guys like crazy. I mean, I know I'll still get a daily podcast of a four hour show, but it just won't be the same. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

After having had to listen to his show continously for a looooog time at work (years), it can only get better.

Now if they can just get rid of d'Arcy and Fenton, I will be satisfied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭Cookie Policy

Where's that podcast I can't find it, amd how far in?

Where's that podcast I can't find it, amd how far in?

Not on podcasts.

Go to www.todayfm.com and click the Listen Back button. Then go to Foley > Friday > Part 3 > About halfway through and you'll find it.

It'll be gone tomorrow though, so you'll have to listen tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭Cookie Policy

Not on podcasts.

Go to www.todayfm.com and click the Listen Back button. Then go to Foley > Friday > Part 3 > About halfway through and you'll find it.

It'll be gone tomorrow though, so you'll have to listen tonight.

Cheers found it :) Just gave a listen, least this Philip guy had the balls to come on and say sorry:pac:

Not that it was that bad anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

Ah, last show today. And of course live streaming won't work in my office which is great... I'll have to figure out another way of listening to it.

I won't be listening live but will listen back or if they do a podcast ill listen to that. Anybody here able to record from the webcams for the last half hour ? I pressume there will be pictures and the like and and all sort of stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭PrettyPolly155

I totally forgot Today was Friday, thought it was Thursday... I'm now really really sad :( My daily radio schedule is all skewed up now. Hopefully they'll have their daily podcasts up by noon every day so I can just listen then and retain normality... :(

Lads... can't believe it...

Well, here we go .... :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Adele!

Final Lazy Radio. :(

Nice to hear Adelle again though. :)

I'm actually more sad than I thought I'd be... and I thought I'd be really sad... :(

Mix is half an hour long! :eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭stannis

Red Hand wrote: »
    Now if they can just get rid of d'Arcy and Fenton, I will be satisfied.

D'Arcy I can agree on, but what's your beef with Fenton?

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seamey beag84

:-( its happening.. I'm prob never gonna hear gummy bears again!!!

Fcukin epic mix! The impressions of the lads on the sports desk was hilarious!

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭PrettyPolly155

Haha, 12:50 and still no news! Excellent

• Advertisement

Ahahaha! Excellent! Just f*cking epic! :D:D:D

Advertisement