Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Tonys playin Don't Stop Believin for the lads.

Foley really had that song going for weeks until they showed the final episode of the Sopranos over here and then the penny dropped. Class act.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Clanket wrote: »
    12pm to 2:30pm was just so perfect for them. I really hope they can transfer across to morning radio.

Well I'd have said the same thing about them when they left The Blast, there'll be teething problems with the Brekkie slot, but they've been compared to Chris Moyles so much that I think they've a real shot at making a great show to challenge Dempsey.

Fair play to Tony for letting them go over time, nice gesture from someone who's show is generally timed to a tee.

fergiesfav wrote: »
    Jesus they're not dead!!! They've moved to what they feel are better jobs.

Ah I know, and I'm happy for them, but it's just sad to know that I won't be able to hear them live anymore. They've been part of my routine for seven or more years at this stage, so I'm gonna miss them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

My only problem is that even if foley and jp do come back too today fm itll be for brekkie show and i dont get up till 8:30 am esentially was the last time ill be listening too them!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Damn I missed it

Edit: When does there show start

• Advertisement

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Ah I know, and I'm happy for them, but it's just sad to know that I won't be able to hear them live anymore. They've been part of my routine for seven or more years at this stage, so I'm gonna miss them.

Me the exact same....Every day ive listened too them...Ive changed what i listen too before and after them on several occasions but 12-2:30 has The Foley gang!! Ah well!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

That last half hour was, by far, one of the best pieces of radio I have ever listened to. I was driving and had to pull into a car park just so I could listen properly!

I'll be raising a glass to the lads tonight.

I'll also be raising a glass to the "new king" as Foley put it, KC!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭fergiesfav

Used to be a massive fan of the show, but over the last year I think it got very stale. Stopped listening regularly about six months ago. Stopped completely after his tattoo 'skit' last month, which was the most anti climatic piece of radio in history!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Used to be a massive fan of the show, but over the last year I think it got very stale. Stopped listening regularly about six months ago. Stopped completely after his tattoo 'skit' last month, which was the most anti climatic piece of radio in history!!

Booooooooooooooooooo

Surprised you didn't like the tattoo bit tbh. Personally I thought it was great to listen to.

But different strokes and all that I suppose. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭fergiesfav

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Surprised you didn't like the tattoo bit tbh. Personally I thought it was great to listen to.

But different strokes and all that I suppose. :)

It was great until the ending. Then it ended up being a personal joke with his wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Obrieski

Pacly wrote: »

Got there just ahead of me Pacly. A nice note to write I feel, thought the ending wasn't great, he didn't leave himself enough time to say all his thank you's besides what he did on air.

Thank you Mr. Foley, I listened as regularly as I could. Helped me through many an assignment in college, in the car on the way to/from the gym, at home when bored and other times when I had a moment to tune in. Some of the memories are fantastic. I wish you the best on your new ventures and will try to listen in as often as I can but the new earlier time might be a little harder!
    Anyway, best of luck and hopefully it's not the last we hear of you on Today FM
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

For me, I think "Don't forget the ham mam" will go down as my favourite moment ever. I've never laughed so hard and for so long at anything on the radio

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Heard the last ten minutes of the show live and I'm listening back now and have just read the post on the blog. I laughed through it I have to say.

Podcast is up... downloading now...

Just read the blog. Made me smile I have to say. :)

Podcast is up... downloading now...

Just read the blog. Made me smile I have to say. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

I don't know, there's three main funny bits that stand out for me over the past few years:
    • The aftershave gauntlet where JP used the immortal line: "Smell my manhOOOOOOD!" and had Ray unable to talk for the rest of the link.
    • Another Gauntlet where JP covered carly Ray Jepsen. "Hey! I'm still single, girls won't daaaaaaaaate me!". That was excellent!
    • Back in 2011 Ray came back from holiday and was telling JP about how the plane was delayed because they were waiting for steps at the front of the plane. Ray then went onto a Steps remix and comeback tour bit. Again, I was in ribbons laughing

Here's hoping they repeat the same level of stuff on the morning show!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭stannis

Scráib wrote: »
    The aftershave gauntlet where JP used the immortal line: "Smell my manhOOOOOOD!" and had Ray unable to talk for the rest of the link.

I mentioned that a few pages ago, it was indeed brilliant. Wish it was possible to get all their podcasts from the beginning through iTunes.

Another great Gauntlet was their Eurovision songs. Those should be released as singles!

That was a great way too sign off with that blog...Very humble.I think the biggest thing about Foley that people dont get is ITS AN ACT! Hes not that big headed,He did BEG for votes and YES most segments are stolen from one radio station too another BUT thats life..Ideas and gimmicks are allways copyied/borrowed/stolen!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Rarely got to listen live so it's just a matter of subscribing to the 98 podcast. Here's to more of the same hopefully.

Great show today. Bit of a shambles towards the end but sounded like there was great craic been had in studio.

Posted this on FB earlier:
    The last half hour was just epic...

"Ah someone's been dicking around with the voice box again!"
    "****e, can't find the interview clip!"
    GAAAAAAAP
    "Ah feck the song isn't on the system."
    "Tony, sorry we'll be going to you late!"

Just utter chaos and feckin' hilarious.
    And the choice of song was brilliant, and fair play to T-Bone for being a good sport and letting ye run on, and for playing Journey.
    about an hour ago · Like · 1

Foley's (I assume) response:
    The Ray Foley Show Six years in six minutes.
    about an hour ago via mobile · Unlike · 5

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

This is my favorite bit from the show, I was in tears laughing the first time i heard it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

I met Foley and JP a few times at the blizzards & The Hoosiers Live Lunches. Both days were class. Two lads were sound as was Ann and Adele!

My favourite time though was the Galway Lazy Radio tour in CP's... A mate of mine was walking past CP's that night when Foley and the lads were coming out. (He was drunk and is usually a fine upstanding lad) but as I said he was drunk. Anyway as we were walking passed he clocked Ray and when he got about 50 metres down the road he turned around and roared "hey Foley you're only a c**t"
    Anyway the next day Foley came on and told the story about him but change the C word to carrots! Fair funny watching the realisation dawn on my friends face!

This is my favorite bit from the show, I was in tears laughing the first time i heard it :)

Love it. :)

Think I have that on podcast somewhere, so it'll go up in higher quality form at some stage in the not too distant future.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭WaltKowalski

Did Ray D'Arcy acknowledge the end of the show today?

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seamey beag84

Did Ray D'Arcy acknowledge the end of the show today?

Barely.. You can tell they're not the best of mates.. Its was actually a bit awkward..

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭WaltKowalski

Barely.. You can tell they're not the best of mates.. Its was actually a bit awkward..

Typical D'Arcy, if it's not about him, he's not interested. I'm not a fan!

Foley & JP on the other hand I will miss.

I'm wondering will JP get equal billing on the new show?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I'm wondering will JP get equal billing on the new show?

"The JP and Ray Show" :P

• Advertisement

Advertisement