Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Were it not for his verbal diarrhea, the news team wouldn't have had the full Sean Quinn story in the news. Would have only had a "breaking news! more at 2pm" at the end.

Richard Chambers thanked him for it at 2pm.

I didn't realise it was his last show. I tuned in as I knew Today FM did an early lunch time news, as i have an interest in the Quinn story.

Now I feel a bit stupid tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

<Ollie> wrote: »
    I didn't realise it was his last show. I tuned in as I knew Today FM did an early lunch time news, as i have an interest in the Quinn story.

Now I feel a bit stupid tbh.

Ah to be fair, anyone who tuned in like you who normally doesn't listen wouldn't have had a clue what was going on. :P

As the man said himself at the end, today's show was for the people who "got" the show, not those that didn't.

Listening back to the podcast, it's a real shame they had to do the live lunch today. Or at the very least, a shame it was a live lunch centred around a product. Think it would have been salvageable if it was just Royseven having the craic with them, but having to continually plug Windows 8 and the laptops kinda ruined it for me.

While the last half hour did feel too rushed, I still loved every second of it. Kinda was more fitting for the show to end in a blaze of chaos as opposed to perfectly produced radio. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8 kilogram95

does anyone have the old blast podcasts?

The blast got me through school and would love to hear some of it again.

I thank Ray for those 2 years on nights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Are his Dublin ratings that bad? I listen all the time and love the show and so do a couple of my mates. The show is by far the best entertainment on Radio for the 18-35 age bracket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Clanket wrote: »
    Are his Dublin ratings that bad? I listen all the time and love the show and so do a couple of my mates. The show is by far the best entertainment on Radio for the 18-35 age bracket.

Ya they are... Spin and iRadio are whipeing the floor with him!The mix thing he does on friday was been done on iRadio at 12 everyday called the mid-day mash up for years!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭WaltKowalski

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Ya they are... Spin and iRadio are whipeing the floor with him!The mix thing he does on friday was been done on iRadio at 12 everyday called the mid-day mash up for years!

Difficult to fathom why a dublin station would take them on if their ratings are that dire. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

kilogram95 wrote: »
    does anyone have the old blast podcasts?

The blast got me through school and would love to hear some of it again.

I thank Ray for those 2 years on nights

I have them all, don't know how I could get them to you though?

Deedsie wrote: »
    I have them all, don't know how I could get them to you though?

Well you could maybe upload them to youtube or some free online media host, I would be very grateful if you could do so.

www.mediafire.com could be useful, I realise doing this would take time and effort but think of all the blasterds out there who would love to here this again :)

Well you could maybe upload them to youtube or some free online media host, I would be very grateful if you could do so.

www.mediafire.com could be useful, I realise doing this would take time and effort but think of all the blasterds out there who would love to here this again :)

Leave it with me and possibly send me a pm if haven't got back to you by Wednesday! I know I have at least thirteen Podblasts!

Leave it with me and possibly send me a pm if haven't got back to you by Wednesday! I know I have at least thirteen Podblasts!

It would be easier just to use dropbox.

Go to the site, create an account and download the app to your PC. Then copy and paste the Podblast files to the Public folder, wait for the files to upload, then link us to the folder on the thread and those that want them can download them. Far less hassle than mediafire, plus DB is handy to have.

• Advertisement

It would be easier just to use dropbox.

Go to the site, create an account and download the app to your PC. Then copy and paste the Podblast files to the Public folder, wait for the files to upload, then link us to the folder on the thread and those that want them can download them. Far less hassle than mediafire, plus DB is handy to have.

Ill give it a go tomorrow evening so! I actually have Dropbox on my laptop already so hopefully it will be easy enough to do! I was listening to a few lately, very funny! "It's the bitches box of ****e, it's the bitches box of shiiiite"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

MrMac84 wrote: »
    That was a great way too sign off with that blog...Very humble. I think the biggest thing about Foley that people dont get is ITS AN ACT! Hes not that big headed,He did BEG for votes and YES most segments are stolen from one radio station too another BUT thats life..Ideas and gimmicks are allways copyied/borrowed/stolen!

I agree with you on that one!

I work with my dad, and dad can't stand Foley because it's all about him and he's big headed and blah blah blah....

I could never get it through to him that its all just a bit of craic.

It means I always end up stuck listening to Garry Logan at 1 o clock every day :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

I was left a bit deflated after the last show too. Started off great, and the late news and sports readers impressions gave me a great laugh.

Was disappointed with the live lunch. It just didn't belong on his last show. I'd say he had about as much interest in plugging Windows as I did in listening about it. Although it was funny when he suggested using google maps, without realising windows have their own version!

The last 20 mins were closer to what I would have thought for his last show, but as others have mentioned, it was way too rushed.

It would have been a great laugh if they were all together for the whole show and messing around.

His blog post was nice. Got a couple of laughs from it too - "it'll be nice to spend more time with my little boy, and with Matthew too."

I like KC but he'll have to pull a bit more out of the bag to keep people interested. Was I the only one who thought KC was new guy Ken at the end?! Very similar voices, but never copped before.

Foley and JP will be missed. The crapiness was evident just five minutes after they went off as Tones Fenton was reading some music facts from "this day in music".

I can't understand how a PD can let Foley go to another station but lets 80s cheese man stay. Have heard interviews with Tony and he is an absolute gent, just think him (and that style) are way out of place.

Foley and JP, you must read here from time to time. I was surprised that Ray mentioned the people that don't get it at the end. But I hope you do realise the amount that do get it! I, and it seems we all here will miss ye lads. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

_feedback_ wrote: »
    I was left a bit deflated after the last show too. Started off great, and the late news and sports readers impressions gave me a great laugh.

Was disappointed with the live lunch. It just didn't belong on his last show. I'd say he had about as much interest in plugging Windows as I did in listening about it. Although it was funny when he suggested using google maps, without realising windows have their own version!

The last 20 mins were closer to what I would have thought for his last show, but as others have mentioned, it was way too rushed.

It would have been a great laugh if they were all together for the whole show and messing around.

His blog post was nice. Got a couple of laughs from it too - "it'll be nice to spend more time with my little boy, and with Matthew too."

I like KC but he'll have to pull a bit more out of the bag to keep people interested. Was I the only one who thought KC was new guy Ken at the end?! Very similar voices, but never copped before.

Foley and JP will be missed. The crapiness was evident just five minutes after they went off as Tones Fenton was reading some music facts from "this day in music".

I can't understand how a PD can let Foley go to another station but lets 80s cheese man stay. Have heard interviews with Tony and he is an absolute gent, just think him (and that style) are way out of place.

Foley and JP, you must read here from time to time. I was surprised that Ray mentioned the people that don't get it at the end. But I hope you do realise the amount that do get it! I, and it seems we all here will miss ye lads. Good luck.

Great post, well said!

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

Just a side note on T Fenton, I can't listen to him when he's on his own, but when he's been on having banter with another DJ (RF for example) he's actually pretty entertaining!
    The lone DJ filling time thing is difficult, granted, but I'm a long time switching to (any!) another station when TF (and whichever "sidekick") arrives with his "usual suspects" playlist...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

I was amazed Foley lasted for so long.If thats whats called radio talent these days,its sad for broadcasting.

Listening back to a podcast from around the time before the Presidential election.

They actually had a pretty insightful discussion about whether David Norris should have been on the ballot or not... Had completely forgotten about that. :)

Another foley show campaign that should be remembered is the telethon type thing they did for flood relief victims a few winters ago! Great entertainment and a great cause! 6 years of great memories coming back to me this week!

Anyone remember who was on lunchtimes before him?

Another foley show campaign that should be remembered is the telethon type thing they did for flood relief victims a few winters ago! Great entertainment and a great cause! 6 years of great memories coming back to me this week!

Don't remember it that well, but I'm pretty sure it was Phil Cawley, think the show was Phil Cawley's Lunchbox sponsored by O'Brien's Sandwich Bars or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Obrieski

Don't remember it that well, but I'm pretty sure it was Phil Cawley, think the show was Phil Cawley's Lunchbox sponsored by O'Brien's Sandwich Bars or something.

Ye, I think so too, definitely have memories of my childhood about Phil Cawley's big lunchbox or some such thing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭Cookie Policy

Gonna miss Jayo! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

Phil wasn't the worst by far, actually feel sorry for him the way he's shunted around the place, and I feel the resentment has actually made him a better DJ for it! Love the passive aggresive digs calling himself Phil-in Cawley heheh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Yup...(Im a LOOONNNGGG time listener!)

Dempsey was on till 10

D'Arcey 10-12:45

Cawley was 1-3

Fenton Was 3-5

Dunphy's last word was 5-7

Ill give it a go tomorrow evening so! I actually have Dropbox on my laptop already so hopefully it will be easy enough to do! I was listening to a few lately, very funny! "It's the bitches box of ****e, it's the bitches box of shiiiite"

Thanks Deedsie :)

Thanks Deedsie :)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ags2xk19dwg5h98/xqndmDqbKL

Try that link? Hopefully it worked.

Deedsie, God bless you! :D Thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭PrettyPolly155

I hadn't a clue who was speaking at the end, they're sooo similar.

Aggghhhhh!!! Unreal! You legend!

I love you. <3

Gonna listen to them all one after another for the next few hours. :)

Deedsie, God bless you! :D Thanks a million
    I hadn't a clue who was speaking at the end, they're sooo similar.

Aggghhhhh!!! Unreal! You legend!
    I love you. <3

Gonna listen to them all one after another for the next few hours. :)

Ha! Happy to do it lads, delighted to know there are fans as big as me out there. Enjoy them fellow Boardsies!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Turned on today fm and anyone know who is covering this week or is it just music ?

Advertisement