Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Turned on today fm and anyone know who is covering this week or is it just music ?

phil cawley! love him:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Turned on today fm and anyone know who is covering this week or is it just music ?

Fill-in Phil Cawley.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Have been doing a bit of testing en route to work and can get 98FM is the car down here in the midlands. :D I must be the flat boringness that allows the signal through!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,897 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Any date on when the lads are starting on 98?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

This Monday coming from what ray was saying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,300 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Clanket wrote: »
    For me, I think "Don't forget the ham mam" will go down as my favourite moment ever. I've never laughed so hard and for so long at anything on the radio

Any link for this????

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Any link for this????

I don't have the original, but there's a version at the start of this

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    This Monday coming from what ray was saying.
    Was unsure if it was confirmed..

98FM site just says 'Coming Soon'.

ray-foley-page1.jpg

Jaysus, that's too goofy looking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Basq wrote: »
    Was unsure if it was confirmed..

98FM site just says 'Coming Soon'.

ray-foley-page1.jpg

Jaysus, that's too goofy looking!

No wonder Ray was so keen to lose weight, he knew he had promo shots coming up! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

Jason Todd wrote: »
    No wonder Ray was so keen to lose weight, he knew he had promo shots coming up! :D

Poor JP getting left out of the promo shot...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Niles wrote: »
    Poor JP getting left out of the promo shot...

Camera was at the wrong height.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Flange/Flanders

Camera was at the wrong height.

Serious withdrawal symptoms here, def losing my love for today fm in the afternoons and considering something drastic.......chancing iradio!

chancing iradio!
    Oh God.. don't do it!

Dave O Connor and Fergal D'Arcy? I'd rather set my testicles on fire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Serious withdrawal symptoms here, def losing my love for today fm in the afternoons and considering something drastic.......chancing iradio!

It's funny you should say that... I'm the same! I've taken to listening to my two local stations (WLRfm and Beat102-103) straight after Anton/D'Arcy, can't abide Phil Cawley and finally have given up on Tony Fenton. I'll go back to Matt Cooper on the drive home alright, and I'll be back to listen to KC next week, but I've definitely 'expanded my horizons' this week! Lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

Interesting to note they've bringing the 'The Ray Foley Show' title with them to 98fm, rather than 'Ray and JP in the mornings' or similar. It's as though 'The Ray Foley Show' is becoming an institution in itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭Cookie Policy

Will it still be Ray as the official presenter and JP just in the background? Would love to see them do a proper Dermot and Dave format where JP get's just as much publicity as Foley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Mitch epitag

Foley has always been a chris moyles wannabe. He will have egg on his face soon when his show and mayo accent goes down like a lead balloon on 98fm.

Will it still be Ray as the official presenter and JP just in the background? Would love to see them do a proper Dermot and Dave format where JP get's just as much publicity as Foley.
    I'd say it'll be similar to the Today FM billing tbh..

.. if it wasn't, it'd be called "The Ray And JP Show".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Wouldn't see much point in that tbh. JP is outstanding at what he does, and the format works well. Knowing Foley he probably wouldn't want it to be seen as a Colm Colm and Jim jim jim type thing.

RE Phil Cawley.. I love radio, but can't handle Phil. Almost every link is about him or his twitter page. Some people (Foley) can pull off the stories about themselves, but that guy just talks down to the listener and sounds soo smug playing his "recuuurds". Uugh, it's terrible stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Foley has always been a chris moyles wannabe. He will have egg on his face soon when his show and mayo accent goes down like a lead balloon on 98fm.

Ray Foley doesn't have much of an accent IMO. Dermot Whelan is from Limerick, it didn't stop him being a success on that station.

And Foley has always been open that he has borrowed/stolen/copied from Moyles and other presenters. No harm in that.

• Advertisement

No idea where the Chris Moyles comparison with Foley comes from.

Himself and JP are closer to Hamish and Andy tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Simon Murdoch is very good in the Mid morning early afternoons tho

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭SparklersJo

Finally brought myself to listen to the last half hour of last Friday's show on the podcast today. I was putting it off and putting it off, wanting to drag it out until I had no Today FM Foley & JP anymore :(

Anyway! Absolutely loved it! It was done really well! And as has been said already, the final song choice was just perfect. Very poignant.

The Feedback was hilarious! The last bit with the 'best bits of Feedback' - of course Paul Collins and Phil Cawley will always go down as the best, but I had never heard the bit before with Matt Cooper and Fergal O'Brien:

Matt: "...with Fergal O'Brien."
    Fergal: "Thanks Matt."
    Matt: "Ya bastard!"

Had me in tears! The delivery was just brilliant! Followed soon after by Paul Collins and Phil Cawley, well sure I nearly wet meself!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭TheTwiz

Raymond Nicholas Foley III is nearly back with us. That day can't come soon enough. Getting up an hour earlier will be worth it on Monday. I know Ray & JP look on here. Best of luck lads

I genuinely fear for ray and the early starts. He doesn't seem to sleep that great and with the new child he will be up at night and then in there at sometime before 6am. Ah well. I wonder how often the emergency tape will be used in the early days ?

I genuinely fear for ray and the early starts. He doesn't seem to sleep that great and with the new child he will be up at night and then in there at sometime before 6am. Ah well. I wonder how often the emergency tape will be used in the early days ?

At least they'll get some mileage out of it for content. :pac:

But yeah, I'd be worried as well if I'm honest. I think Foley needs to really hit the ground running in that slot, and if he's doesn't adjust to the time change quickly then he won't be at the top of his game.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    At least they'll get some mileage out of it for content. :pac:

But yeah, I'd be worried as well if I'm honest. I think Foley needs to really hit the ground running in that slot, and if he's doesn't adjust to the time change quickly then he won't be at the top of his game.
    And then there is his drinking which he doesn't have a problem with.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

The child isnt that new anymore. I'm not sure of his age but surely he's past the crying all night stage by now?

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    The child isnt that new anymore. I'm not sure of his age but surely he's past the crying all night stage by now?

Roughly 6 months old I believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Sierra 117

gnfnrhead wrote: »

If he's anything like Ray, he'll never get past it :pac:

Advertisement