Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 116 ✭✭elmoslattery

So....anyone here going to enter themselves for the kid bit? :pac:
    Nah, I'm not a kid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Just wondering is there anyway to reset the poll on this thread now that it'll be a new show with new listeners? Is it possible?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Just wondering is there anyway to reset the poll on this thread now that it'll be a new show with new listeners? Is it possible?

Might be best to start a new thread so the old one and its stats can be preserved for historical reference. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Show no 1 and they have interrupted the newsreader already.

#totzbants!

• Advertisement

"Previously on the ray foley show..." They're back lads.

Off to a great start!

webcams on. Nice studio and JP is sitting down.

jesus two lads(other then the boyos) are in the studio now.

Probably dicking around with settings and what not!

• Advertisement

Ringing the CEO of the radio station already and I think they will keep doing it.

Going to news on time is new.

Ray lasted an hour and twenty four minutes of standing up before he sat down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

JP reading traffic reports... weird!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Good to hear the same lads that left Today FM are still what we hear on 98. Was worried that they would come in and be completely different :o

They fit in to the format surprisingly well, although I think they won't enjoy the amount of stuff they HAVE to do. Today FM seems surprisingly laid back when it comes to advertising and sponsorship in comparison.

Only got to hear the first couple of hours this morning. Lying flat on my back on a dark Monday morning and found myself laughing out loud to Ray ringing the CEO at 06.15 because he said "give me a call if you need anything" :D

Listening to the Gift Grub advertisement Ian Dempsey breakfast show in work now and it is a complete bore.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Feckin' 98 streams are both down for me. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Feckin' 98 streams are both down for me. :(

working fine on http://www.radionation.ie/player?98FM ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Jesus Horatio Christ. That Dermot and Dave ad.

Bard wrote: »

Ah cheers.

Will use that tomorrow if problems persist.

Twas odd. Couldn't connect to the webcams, the livestream, the podcasts page or the listen back.

Only listened to the first hour and a half but I liked that as much as things changed they stayed the same. Them having a nickname for the newsreader already is funny. For those watching the webcams it wasn't all plain sailing as two lads(one was the show producer I pressume) were in and out but first show its to be expected.

The few callers I heard seemed to be engaging and laughed with ray and not at him. Given that I'm off work for the few days this week. I intend to listen live for this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Listened to the last couple of hours. I enjoyed it. They seem to be fairly comfortable. The bit with the kid was dreadful though. I think I just took an instant dislike to the child.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Wish we could record the shows! Very early for me!

Sully wrote: »
    Wish we could record the shows! Very early for me!

There's a listenback feature on the site (when it works :P) and they're gonna be doing a podcast, so your wish is granted. :)

Anybody spot this blog post before? http://rayfoleyshow.blogspot.ie/2012/11/now-is-good.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Yeah it was posted here at the time alright Sully. Nicely written.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

Just listening back to the first few minutes of this morning's show. I like it. They're pretty much the same as they were, 'cept they sound a bit faux perky for my liking. I'm sure they'll snap out of that after a week of waking up at 5am. Good to hear them back on the radio.

St. Jimmy wrote: »
    Just listening back to the first few minutes of this morning's show. I like it. They're pretty much the same as they were, 'cept they sound a bit faux perky for my liking. I'm sure they'll snap out of that after a week of waking up at 5am. Good to hear them back on the radio.

You listening on the playback? Its telling me there database is down..

I'm getting the same Sully. :(

Been that way since about 9:15 this morning.

Good to know it's not just me though. :)

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I'm getting the same Sully. :(

Been that way since about 9:15 this morning.

Good to know it's not just me though. :)

Found another way of connecting. On the right side of the main page, you will see on the right side there is a "Live Show" section. Click Listen Back on The Ray Foley Show. Its a bit slow, but up it will come and then you have to scroll down to find the Ray Foley Show. Its got shows going back a few days but select today's date. :)

• Advertisement

Sully wrote: »
    Found another way of connecting. On the right side of the main page, you will see on the right side there is a "Live Show" section. Click Listen Back on The Ray Foley Show. Its a bit slow, but up it will come and then you have to scroll down to find the Ray Foley Show. Its got shows going back a few days but select today's date. :)

The proper listen back is working now.

Haha! Interrupting the newsreaders. :pac:

Totes bants! :D

Advertisement