Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

"Can everyone text in what they think Rebecca smells like. I think she'll smell like talcum powder."

Brilliant. Getting the phone numbers wrong hilariously wrong earlier too. Only disappointed that I can't listen to the entire show!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

Good to see that 98's listen back and webstreaming facilities are about as good as TodayFM's. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭SparklersJo

Am I correct in saying there has been no podcast uploaded today? The listen back feature is rubbish! It's been loading for ages now and still nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Am I correct in saying there has been no podcast uploaded today? The listen back feature is rubbish! It's been loading for ages now and still nothing!

The Listen back feature on the app is working perfectly. And no no podcast is up yet as far as I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭PrettyPolly155

It was doing that for me earlier. Just left it awhile and when I clicked it again, it worked.

4 hours of Foley is nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

No podcast. :(

Yeah, the listen back is crap. Wonder how long it's been in beta for...

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    The Listen back feature on the app is working perfectly. And no no podcast is up yet as far as I can see.

Yeah it is! Thanks for the tip! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Ledger wrote: »
    Good to see that 98's listen back and webstreaming facilities are about as good as TodayFM's. :rolleyes:

Their websites are awful, just awful. Terrible to navigate, poor font-choice and layout. The apps aren't much better.

One thing that really bothers me about the app is if you're 'Listening Live' and click out of the app for whatever reason, then click back into it a second stream will be audible. Same if you do it again, a third stream will be audible and so on.
    :confused:

Listening back now. Half way though, I'm really liking it.

I now get what Will Leahy was saying when he gave us a talk the other week, Foley needed a tighter format, which 98 can provide. Really think their style is suited to the slot more than I thought it would be.

But, I'm not the one they'll have to win over. :o

Yeah it is! Thanks for the tip! :)

I take it back. The app is also rubbish! :(

• Advertisement

AHAHAHAHA!!!

"Foley's Fantastic Five Thousand Euro Free Money... Segment... bit" :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

Liked the way they started with a 'flashback' to the Today FM incarnation.

Spin= 'Baby radio' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

98's playback is ****e! Still only managed to listen to part 1. Trying to load part 2 now and getting error messages. Anyone know what's the craic with the podcast?

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭gavindowd

Remember those cheesy jingles from the Today FM show?.... well 98 have gone to Music 4 again to make these guys...http://www.music4.com/music/catalogue/694/98fm-dublin/the-ray-foley-show-98fm-november-2012.html

I was listening to his first show this morning and I heard they're using a different news bed. Maybe 98 are airing some new jingles for the whole station... we'll see! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Only listened to the start of it on the listen back thing, want to wait for podcasts.

This bit was hilarious:

Ray: "When do you do the five hits in a row word weather?"

Newsreader: "Ehhh....."

Poor girl sounded like she thought he was serious! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭Cookie Policy

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Only listened to the start of it on the listen back thing, want to wait for podcasts.

This bit was hilarious:

Ray: "When do you do the five hits in a row?"

Newsreader: "Ehhh....."

Poor girl sounded like she thought he was serious! :D

Word weather I think it was but yeah hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Word weather I think it was but yeah hilarious!

Thats what it was. I didnt think hits sounded right but wasnt bothered going back to check. I knew it was a Spin reference :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Is it just me or are the jingles all a complete rip off of the 30 rock theme tune which he used to play coming up to the national lunchtime news? Have to say I preferred his old jingles.

Listening back to Foley today was the first time I've listened to 98FM, and one thing that really irritates me is the ads for Dermot and Dave. From 7am onwards there was the same ad (the spongebob one) that just went "7 hours to Dermot and Dave!" "Six hours to Dermot and Dave!"

Just annoying.

Ray himself took the piss out of it at one point: "Those ads are weird... it's like saying 'Listen, we know what's on now is crap, but just wait six hours til something good comes on!'."

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

is the opening bit of the jingle from the bosco theme?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

gavindowd wrote: »
    Remember those cheesy jingles from the Today FM show?.... well 98 have gone to Music 4 again to make these guys...http://www.music4.com/music/catalogue/694/98fm-dublin/the-ray-foley-show-98fm-november-2012.html

I was listening to his first show this morning and I heard they're using a different news bed. Maybe 98 are airing some new jingles for the whole station... we'll see! :D

What would music 4 charge for a package like that any one know?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

MrMac84 wrote: »

What would music 4 charge for a package like that any one know?

Extortionate amounts of money and they only provide them for commercial stations (i.e. not college/community radio). I asked them.

Finally finished listening to the rest of yesterday's show last night. They seem relaxed and the Derek mooney newsreader presenter tension is absent.

Edit: Has anyone worked out what the newsreader is on about when she says at the end of the news, " and now it's twelve" ? I thought it was the time but they don't take twelve minutes to do the news. It's the only thing that sounds weird.

Finally finished listening to the rest of yesterday's show last night. They seem relaxed and the Derek mooney newsreader presenter tension is absent.

Edit: Has anyone worked out what the newsreader is on about when she says at the end of the news, " and now it's twelve" ? I thought it was the time but they don't take twelve minutes to do the news. It's the only thing that sounds weird.

That confused me too at first.

It's the temperature. She'll say something like "Top temperatures today between 12 and 13 degrees. Now it's 12."

Oh right I was wondering about that. "Deano" must get sick of the same stuff all the time. She will love that nickname after a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,927 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Oh right I was wondering about that. "Deano" must get sick of the same stuff all the time. She will love that nickname after a while.

Who is the newscaster I say she will get the love poems treatment like Laura Byrne got. I say she is ready for him though

Who is the newscaster I say she will get the love poems treatment like Laura Byrne got. I say she is ready for him though

Aideen(sp) or however you spell it. Well they have given her a nickname using her name and when did Laura Byrne ever get love poems of ray ? They seemed like good friends but don't remember that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Aideen(sp) or however you spell it. Well they have given her a nickname using her name and when did Laura Byrne ever get love poems of ray ? They seemed like good friends but don't remember that.

WHAT?? You don't remember? He started at least one show a week for months with a love letter to Laura Byrne. He made her stay on and listen to it, and almost always looked to finish the poem with something filthy but then changed the last word to something normal (i.e.: "we're playing all the hits, what I love about Laura is her massive... eyes!)

Twas' hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

He wrote a lovely one when she was leaving if I recall correctly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,897 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I see yesterday's podcast is now online..

Advertisement